What's new

News, rumors and buzz around the draft and free agency

Yeah, and "being unavailable when your starting PG goes down" definitely isn't part of it. And cut the BS about us never needing him to play 30min. Grayson Allen, who hasnt played well in his rookie season, played 40+min for us in his last game against Clippers, and Mr. Neto was AGAIN inactive for that game.

We literally don't ever need him to play 30 minutes. Ever. If anything ever happened to Conley, Donovan would likely start. And Neto could ya know... be a BACKUP. Which is what I said he was good at and your trying to argue he's not good at because he hasn't started LMAO. Allen played 40+ minutes in a meaningless last game.

Seems like you have a weird hatred for Neto my dude. But whatevs... carry on.

Rudy loves him, which is why the organization may offer him at the vet minimum. Who cares who fills the 15th roster spot? If he leaves, Dennis can tell Rudy it was Raul's choice, not his.
I'd agree with the team’s decision on keeping him for team chemistry reason. But people saying that he is a “good backup guard” is what I have problem with. We’d be in serious trouble if we do end up having him as our primary backup PG.

Last edited:
We literally don't ever need him to play 30 minutes. Ever. If anything ever happened to Conley, Donovan would likely start. And Neto could ya know... be a BACKUP. Which is what I said he was good at and your trying to argue he's not good at because he hasn't started LMAO. Allen played 40+ minutes in a meaningless last game.

Seems like you have a weird hatred for Neto my dude. But whatevs... carry on.
Backup means “backup to your starters.” Not “backup to seeking other solutions first”.

Not to mention the stretch of games Donovan had to be the starting PG. Ideally you'd want a backup to be able to step in with just a little downgrade from a starter like Rubio. Neto was injured - yet again - IINM.

I think Bojan could even fit in well when Conley sits. You have Mitchell slide over to PG and play Bojan and Joe at the wings.
The problem with getting Bojan is he’d be doing a lot of things that Ingles has been doing for us already and not really addressing any of the missing traits and shortcomings of this roster, that is athleticism and switch defense. We’d be on a whole another level offensively with him though, i’d agree.

The problem with getting Bojan is he’d be doing a lot of things that Ingles has been doing for us already and not really addressing any of the missing traits and shortcomings of this roster, that is athleticism and switch defense. We’d be on a whole another level offensively with him though, i’d agree.
Except now you have that for 48 mins/game instead of wearing Joe out and having him less effective as the season progresses. I'm most concerned about what Utah is going to do at the 4. And even the backup 5 if Favors leaves. Just completely take away the P&R for 15 mins/per and have Royce starting for 30-35 mins at PF?

Except now you have that for 48 mins/game instead of wearing Joe out and having him less effective as the season progresses. I'm most concerned about what Utah is going to do at the 4. And even the backup 5 if Favors leaves. Just completely take away the P&R for 15 mins/per and have Royce starting for 30-35 mins at PF?
Same argument. I have bigger concern about wearing Conley out but that doesn't mean you have to go all the way of trying to sign Kemba in order to address it. Law of the minimum. You are only as strong as your weakest link. Bojan + Ingles would be sick, but this jazz team does have other significant weaknesses that we need to prioritize IMO.

Backup means “backup to your starters.” Not “backup to seeking other solutions first”.
Backup means backup. Third stringers and positionally-flexible role players without a pigeon-holed niche are also called backups. Basically, it’s a general term for any player who doesn’t start. Neto has been a good one.

Don’t tie yourself into stupid knots. Tia

Reactions: SCS
If the Jazz indeed are looking at Portis and Bogdanazonicvich that's gotta hurt Favors chances for sure. The only way I see him returning is if Justin and Dennis can't get a commitment.
When do we start the thanks Favors thread?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I like Neto, I think he does well in the minutes he plays.
A good starting 5 team with a bad bench still loses games.
We need good players on the bench too, and can just plug anyone in there.

If the Jazz indeed are looking at Portis and Bogdanazonicvich that's gotta hurt Favors chances for sure. The only way I see him returning is if Justin and Dennis can't get a commitment.
When do we start the thanks Favors thread?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yeah I think keeping Favors is their last resort if they completely strike out on their targets. Not the worst thing in the world since they can move him at the deadline if need be.