What's new

News, rumors and buzz around the draft and free agency

Yeah I think keeping Favors is their last resort if they completely strike out on their targets. Not the worst thing in the world since they can move him at the deadline if need be.
The front office at least can see that Favors is replaceable. Now they need to take a look the Rxum.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The front office at least can see that Favors is replaceable. Now they need to take a look the Rxum.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
we can replace Favs by renouncing his deal. Exum's deal is fully guaranteed till 2021 which means we can only replace him by trading him

we can replace Favs by renouncing his deal. Exum's deal is fully guaranteed till 2021 which means we can only replace him by trading him
We could replace him by signing Payton to a small deal. The difference is that Payton won’t have an entourage of people from the FO down to the casual fan engaging in heavy apologetics.

We could replace him by signing Payton to a small deal.
payton is just as glass... plus payton actually has suitors, which means we probably won't be able to get him at a small deal unless we put in a long-term guaranteed contract offer.

payton is just as glass... plus payton actually has suitors, which means we probably won't be able to get him at a small deal unless we put in a long-term guaranteed contract offer.
By small deal I mean less than, oh, say, $9.6M, to pick a totally random and arbitrary number.