What's new

News, rumors and buzz around the draft and free agency

Vince Carter. It’s pretty dry. I think two minimum guys that provide good injury insurance would be Jeremy Lin and Luc Mbah a Moute.

Vince chatted with Mike for a while... played together in Memphis... maybe he can recruit him.

OKC just wants picks picks and more picks :
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27147315/thunder-deal-grant-nuggets-pick

So what about...http://tradenba.com/trades/ryhCKkZWH

Miami gets Westbrook

OKC gets Dragic, Bam, Herro, Exum, picks from Miami, and a 2024 top 4 protected pick from Utah

Utah gets Winslow to start at PF

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
Westbrook is one of the 5 worst contracts so there is no need to give picks (Bam and Herro should be enough compensation). Also, why would OKC want Utah to be involved in this trade? Is the idea that they want Exum more than Winslow? That doesn't make much sense given the number of guards coming back in the proposed trade.

Vince Carter. It’s pretty dry. I think two minimum guys that provide good injury insurance would be Jeremy Lin and Luc Mbah a Moute.
Luc would be a great option, IMO. See how he does coming back from that injury, and he might give us some great defensive presence. Tony Jones believes there isn't a chance that Carter would come. Not sure why. I don't think he's cited "sources" on that.

Luc would be a great option, IMO. See how he does coming back from that injury, and he might give us some great defensive presence. Tony Jones believes there isn't a chance that Carter would come. Not sure why. I don't think he's cited "sources" on that.
I think that’s Tony’s opinion. But I would concur that I don’t see the FO making the move, even though it’s a huge PR win (and I don’t mean PR with the fans, I mean PR with the league and players and rebranding Utah). What was Luc’s injury?

Aaron Gordon would be a dream for this team. Can pass, shoot, drive and is obviously athletic. He has improved every year. His defense would be very good on the team and is a great option for the LA teams. I love that he is young and has a lot of room to grow into a core piece of the next version of the team (in 3 years). For the current team I would be thrilled to trade Ingles, Exum, and Pick for him.
You would have to trade Ingles plus another player or players. That would hurt. You lose some shooting and playmaking. But Orlando is known to offload talent if they can save money and get a pick.

What picks does Miami have left to give? OKC already has their 2021 and 2023 (top 14 protected) from the Paul George trade.
Pick swaps, and future picks. Seems that OKC just wants picks and savings. Long term picks (2025 and 2027 maybe) actually fit OKC better since they have all those soon upcoming LAC and Miami picks.

OKC has to trade Westbrook now. They are gutting everything.

Exum contract strikes again.
If we didn't have Exum's contract, it's very likely that we would have paid more for the contracts of Bojan ($20+ instead of $17), Davis ($6+ instead of room MLE), Mudiay, etc. Some might could consider that Exum's contract helped us.

Plus, it looks like Green wanted to go back to the Clippers all along. He waited for all the dust to settle before re-signing to a decent deal.

If we didn't have Exum's contract, it's very likely that we would have paid more for the contracts of Bojan ($20+ instead of $17), Davis ($6+ instead of room MLE), Mudiay, etc. Some might could consider that Exum's contract helped us.

Plus, it looks like Green wanted to go back to the Clippers all along. He waited for all the dust to settle before re-signing to a decent deal.

I’m talking about offloading him into cap space. If he can be as good as everyone says, this should be easy. If it requires an asset (two second rounders), then fine. If nobody bites on him + 2 second rounders, we should be asking ourselves some serious questions. Here are guys we could have had if he was moved to cap space:

1. JaMychal Green.
2. Aminu.
3. Marcus Morris.
4. Jerami Grant?

Seriously though:

Miami gets Westbrook
Utah gets Winslow
OKC gets Dragic, Bam, Exum, Herro, draft compensation from Miami, 2nds from Utah

Miami gets their guy and save money. OKC gets young players, picks and save money (this year and tons starting next year). Utah gets a starter at PF.

I haven't given up on Exum, but Winslow fits a direct need more than Exum does. If OKC is willing to dump Grant, I don't see them wanting Winslow who makes more for longer than Exum.

I’m talking about offloading him into cap space. If he can be as good as everyone says, this should be easy. If it requires an asset (two second rounders), then fine. If nobody bites on him + 2 second rounders, we should be asking ourselves some serious questions. Here are guys we could have had if he was moved to cap space:

1. JaMychal Green.
2. Aminu.
3. Marcus Morris.
4. Jerami Grant?

I think he would take more than 2 seconds... so I guess we are asking ourselves some serious questions.

Guys who cost a first to move... Crabbe... one year overpaid deal... Moe Harkless... good player on a fair deal... Iggy... good player on a slightly overpaid one year deal.

So it’s safe to say it’s cost a first at this point. If it cost a first it may not be worth it.