What's new

NFL 2015 Season Discussion Thread

What about Osweiler?

He should absolutely be considered but so should any FA QBs. You develop as many options as you can and go with the best one. If that is Osweiler than great! Ff not and someone else comes in than that is great too.

But Denver will get Clady back, probably on a restructured deal, for cheaper than he gets now. That will be a huge boon to their O line.

Then you have to look at Marshall, Jackson, Trevathan and Miller on D. Miller is getting the franchise tag. Also Forte for the Bears did an article where he talked about playing for Denver.

If Manning sticks around then Denver has about 17 million less to work with. Hopefully they get 20 from him and a Clady reworked deal to resign this D and fix 1-2 spots on the O. Maybe QB and TE?

It's more ethical to obviously cheat? "superstar calls" are cheating. More ethical to have one of your highest rated officials be ran out of the league for cheating? I'll give you Goodell, he's horrible. But Stern was worse by a mile.

Umm yes, it's 100 times more ethical than the ****ing depressing list of wretched controversies miring the NFL. Let's speak with logic, and not with emotion. Worse by a mile?

Gee you're right I guess encouraging domestic violence and silencing reports surrounding the health of players are both CERTAINLY less ethical than "superstar calls".

Ridiculous. Your league is a broken one. It's only a matter of time before it goes belly up-- if your country is truly one with morals.

He should absolutely be considered but so should any FA QBs. You develop as many options as you can and go with the best one. If that is Osweiler than great! Ff not and someone else comes in than that is great too.

But Denver will get Clady back, probably on a restructured deal, for cheaper than he gets now. That will be a huge boon to their O line.

Then you have to look at Marshall, Jackson, Trevathan and Miller on D. Miller is getting the franchise tag. Also Forte for the Bears did an article where he talked about playing for Denver.

If Manning sticks around then Denver has about 17 million less to work with. Hopefully they get 20 from him and a Clady reworked deal to resign this D and fix 1-2 spots on the O. Maybe QB and TE?

Can't they just cut Manning? That's what I would do.

@Candice6abc
#BREAKING Two off duty officers assaulted overnight by former Eagle LeSean McCoy. #6abc

@gonzoCSN
Police report & law enforcement official say LeSean McCoy & Curtis Brinkley fought two off-duty PHL police officers this weekend at club

@DSchratwieser
@FOX29philly Police report says argument over bottle of champagne delivered to cops before NFL players. Cops Punched.kicked.stomped.#fox29

@DSchratwieser
@FOX29philly Sources say officers suffered fractured skull. Broken ribs. Broken nose. Everyone ejected from restaurant. Video tape.#foc29

@DSchratwieser
@FOX29philly Central Detectives investigating 4 NFL players for Sat. restaurant brawl that landed 2 off duty officers in hospital.#fox29

https://6abc.com/news/sources-lesean-mccoy-investigated-for-assault-on-philly-cops/1191784/

Karlos Williams just moved way up my Fantasy Draft Board.

Umm yes, it's 100 times more ethical than the ****ing depressing list of wretched controversies miring the NFL. Let's speak with logic, and not with emotion. Worse by a mile?

Gee you're right I guess encouraging domestic violence and silencing reports surrounding the health of players are both CERTAINLY less ethical than "superstar calls".

Ridiculous. Your league is a broken one. It's only a matter of time before it goes belly up-- if your country is truly one with morals.

Hahahaha, what a crock.

If I am Elway and Kubiak though I haul Talib's butt into the office and rip him up and down. Get that amateur hour crap out of here. Stupid plays/penalties and then an even dumber post game interview.

If I am Elway and Kubiak though I haul Talib's butt into the office and rip him up and down. Get that amateur hour crap out of here. Stupid plays/penalties and then an even dumber post game interview.

He's a clown, amazing CB but I think he should've been tossed out for that face mask tackle. Dude is dirty as hell.

@AroundTheNFL
T.J. Ward criticizes Panthers: 'They want to be famous. We want to be champions.'

@kpatra
Rest of that quote: "They want to be rappers and backup dancers. We want to play football."

16-10 game, 4:00 to-go.. this is your league MVP

untitled-2edkhk.gif

@JoeBuscaglia
All 4 suspects have been identified in the McCoy story. Police seeking arrest warrants per the Philadelphia Inquirer

My house went nuts over this play. What a choke by Newton there. Just baffling.

I almost want to think maybe he was conflicted about how he was going to slide, thought about changing what he was doing last second, then just pulled up.

It certainly doesn't look like that on the replay though.. They're killing him on talk radio here in NY, they keep calling it a business decision.

They're also killing Cam for how he conducted himself after the loss. He walked out of the presser. I'm pretty sure Cam got pissed because their were Bronco's being interviewed close by in the room too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8c8BZyfKbg - 2:18, Thats Chris Harris saying " "That was the whole game plan, we dared him, force the guy to throw the football, throw the ball, that was the gameplan."

The nose of the ball hit the ground. Then the ball bounced around in his hands showing that he didn't have control of it when it did. That is not a catch. The announcer's were morans as well as their expert. The video replay showed the nose of the ball hitting the ground from 2 different angles.

I don't agree. I don't think it ever touched the ground. I'm just not sure you could say that conclusively.

Ignoring your argument with him on ethics, your statement here that the NFL will be going belly up is ludicrous. The NFL is MONSTROUS business. TV contracts are ridiculous. People pay insane prices to go to the games. They're viewed like crazy...recent SB numbers.

2015: 49.7 rating, 114.4 million viewers
2014: 46.4 rating, 112.2 million viewers
2013: 48.1 rating, 108.4 million viewers
2012: 47.8 rating, 111.3 million viewers
2011: 47.9 rating, 111 million viewers

The NFL is around to stay.

It is-- and it is also 100% a more ethical league, with a commissioner who isn't a ****ing moronic piece of sewage.

Football is meh. The Super Bowl was meh. The OKC vs. Warriors game was better.

There hasn't been a game in the playoffs that was better than 2015 Game 7 Clippers vs Spurs.

If it's superior, fans would flock to games at insane prices and tv contracts would be even crazier. Compared to the NFL, they're not. The NFL profits infinitely more than the NBA and more fans watch it than the NBA and it's not even close. Most importantly, the NFL is faaaaaar better because guys pretty much try 100% on every single play. Their teammates depend on that. Their contracts and livelihood do as well. NBA guys get their wonderful guarnateed contracts and then can coast.

Ignoring your argument with him on ethics, your statement here that the NFL will be going belly up is ludicrous. The NFL is MONSTROUS business. TV contracts are ridiculous. People pay insane prices to go to the games. They're viewed like crazy...recent SB numbers.

2015: 49.7 rating, 114.4 million viewers
2014: 46.4 rating, 112.2 million viewers
2013: 48.1 rating, 108.4 million viewers
2012: 47.8 rating, 111.3 million viewers
2011: 47.9 rating, 111 million viewers

The NFL is around to stay.

It's near its peak though. The globalization of the NBA is in its infancy. The NFL can't spread world-wide like the NBA can, not even close.

@Migos
DAMN CAM!!! #DABNEWTON GREAT SEASON THO!!
WE TOOK A LOST TOO!! 75k

(The inventors of the DAB, for those unaware)

It's near its peak though. The globalization of the NBA is in its infancy. The NFL can't spread world-wide like the NBA can, not even close.

So? It doesn't need to. Football will remain a massive industry in America.