What's new

NFL Thread 12-13

$19 says Kaep gets multiple delay of game penalties.

Gooooo Falcons
Nope! Just one. Kaep with a brilliant game. After last weeks game people were calling him just a running qb. That arm is as golden as his legs. He will be elite. UGLI Harbaugh made the right call in leaving Kaep as the starter.
Super bowl!!!!!!!!! 49ers are in super bowl 47!!!!!! Nfc champions!!!!!! Eat it haters!!!!!!!!
he'll ya!!! Sing it so the heavens can here
Hate all you want. My team is in the Super Bowl. I suffered through the decade of crap, and being back in the Super Bowl feels great!
I'll second this. Those years of Ericson, Nolan, and Singletery were brutal, and nearly destroyed Smiths career. I've got a great respect for Smith. It takes a warrior to go through what he did and bounce back. No matter where he goes I will always root for him, unless he's playing the 49ers.
This is now 2:11 away from happening.

Also wonder if CJ will show up in this thread again.
I'm sure he will just in time to say something stupid.

Nope! Just one. Kaep with a brilliant game. After last weeks game people were calling him just a running qb. That arm is as golden as his legs. He will be elite. UGLI Harbaugh made the right call in leaving Kaep as the starter.

They're calling him UGLI Harbaugh now?!!?

What an honor! (for him)

I'll eat crow if the Niners win the SB. If not, I'll claim they would've won it with Alex. Try and stop me!

What an honor! (for him)

I'll eat crow if the Niners win the SB. If not, I'll claim they would've won it with Alex. Try and stop me!

Come on now. We all know you. Even if they win, you'll still claim they would have won by more with Smith as the QB. If they blow out the Ravens by 40, you'll say it could have been 80 with your golden boy.

Come on now. We all know you. Even if they win, you'll still claim they would have won by more with Smith as the QB. If they blow out the Ravens by 40, you'll say it could have been 80 with your golden boy.

This is a VERY good point.

Have we met?

What an honor! (for him)

Lol. A few days ago you said you'd give him credit if they got to the superbowl. What you need to understand is the 49ers don't lose superbowls.

There is not a thing Alex Smith can do that Kaepernick can't.

BTW, for those keeping track, Jim Harbaugh has now turned a player in the recycle bin and a player in the trash can into two good, effective QBs. And recruited(I think)/coached Andrew Luck.

Anyway, I'm rooting for the Ravens because I like sappy stories. But this weekend was awesome.

Wow, and BYU fans get accused of living in the past and bringing up irrelevant facts.

How is that living in the past?? UGLI was responding to a comment about how there was nothing Alex Smith could do that Kaepernick couldn't do.

BYU fans... Where insecurity is the norm. It's not like the Utes last BCS win 20-30 years ago. Not to mention it wasn't a utes vs. byu comment either. BYU fans are so amusing, and so insecure.

Kinda torn here. My good friend and co-worker is a huge 49ers fan and I'd be thrilled for him to see his team win the Super Bowl, yet that means Katie's team wins the Super Bowl which means we get all off-season of ******** homerism annoying posts. On the other hand...if the 49ers lose my buddy is disappointed, but the positive is that we won't see Katie on here until a few weeks into the next season when the 49ers are 8-2 and can do nothing wrong.

This is now 2:11 away from happening.

Also wonder if CJ will show up in this thread again.

....why wouldn't I show up? We got beat fair and square! Still trying to figure out just went wrong.....we were 10 yards a way from going to the SUPER BOWL, we kept that kid under control holding him to only 23 yards on the ground. We scored 24 points. But went scoreless in the second half??? We had almost 500 yards on offense! Well, can't be for the 49ers. No quarterback that looks like he just got paroled from Levenworth.......should be in a Super Bowl, let alone win one!

....why wouldn't I show up? We got beat fair and square! Still trying to figure out just went wrong.....we were 10 yards a way from going to the SUPER BOWL, we kept that kid under control holding him to only 23 yards on the ground. We scored 24 points. But went scoreless in the second half??? We had almost 500 yards on offense! Well, can't be for the 49ers. No quarterback that looks like he just got paroled from Levenworth.......should be in a Super Bowl, let alone win one!

explain to me how Atl. kept Kaep under control?? All tha Falcons did was take away his running option opening up lanes for Gore, and LMJ in the redzone for td's, and opened up the middle of the field for Vernon Davis. Kaep shreded Atl's defense for 16/21 233 1 td no int's and here's a little nugget of a stat... 15 of his 16 pass completions came on first or second down. By taking away Kaepernick's run option the defense was exposed in every other facet of the game. The play of the game however was on 3rd and 4, and Ryans pass to Jones was batted down by Brooks. If not for that the Folcons have a first and goal situation at the 2 yard line. At that point the Falcons probably score a td to win the game. He'll, the 49ers didn't punt once in the second half till about the 1 minute mark when they were trying to run the clock down.

How is that living in the past?? UGLI was responding to a comment about how there was nothing Alex Smith could do that Kaepernick couldn't do.

BYU fans... Where insecurity is the norm. It's not like the Utes last BCS win 20-30 years ago. Not to mention it wasn't a utes vs. byu comment either. BYU fans are so amusing, and so insecure.
I'm not sure if you were around when the majority of the Ute fans railed on BYU fans here for bringing up the National Championship. They were all saying that anything that happened more than one to two years ago was nothing more than living in the past. (For the record, I totally agree that bringing up the National Championship from 1984 is a joke.) Yet it's a totally different story when Ute fans bring up a BCS game from 8 years ago.

I'm not sure if you were around when the majority of the Ute fans railed on BYU fans here for bringing up the National Championship. They were all saying that anything that happened more than one to two years ago was nothing more than living in the past. (For the record, I totally agree that bringing up the National Championship from 1984 is a joke.) Yet it's a totally different story when Ute fans bring up a BCS game from 8 years ago.
My whole point was that this wasn't BYU trash talk. UGLI WAS SAYING THAT Smith had won a BCS game where Kaepernick hadn't. BYU had nothing to do with UGLI's post yet a BYU fan for some reason was butt hurt by UGLI's statement made in an argument about Kaep vs Smith.