Niang island

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
What? Why wouldn’t he get further if he was suddenly an NBA athlete? That’s the difference between playing ten years in the league and being out of it in a year or two, saying nothing of the tens of millions of dollars.
You think if niang came back at 5% BF and able to bench 400 he would suddenly be LeBron? Yeah, neither does he.

KqWIN

You think if niang came back at 5% BF and able to bench 400 he would suddenly be LeBron? Yeah, neither does he.
He would be making $10 M a year. You think that matters to him? The idea that fringe NBA players are putting in the bare minimum to get there is ridiculous.

NUMBERICA

He would be making $10 M a year. You think that matters to him? The idea that fringe NBA players are putting in the bare minimum to get there is ridiculous.
Like, yeah, Lamar Odom, Rasheed Wallace, and AK can coast into the league and get fat checks.

If you’re a Georges Niang, that ain’t gonna happen. There are a million dudes that are tall and can play basketball, probably a ton with more athleticism and god-given physical attributes than Niang has. There is a reason he is in the league when a lot of those dudes are not.

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
Like, yeah, Lamar Odom, Rasheed Wallace, and AK can coast into the league and get fat checks.

If you’re a Georges Niang, that ain’t gonna happen. There are a million dudes that are tall and can play basketball, probably a ton with more athleticism and god-given physical attributes than Niang has. There is a reason he is in the league when a lot of those dudes are not.
Mainly because DL likes to give guys who shouldn't be in the league a very long leash.

*cough*Exum*cough*

idiot

I don’t know how much of criticism of Niang’s conditioning is valid. Most people aren’t NBA athletes no matter what they do, and a lot of people just have thrifty metabolisms that cause them to carry weight in a way that our society perceives negatively.

But like I said, I’m not sure. I just have a tough time imagining him suddenly becoming cut and athletic. Beyond anything else, it would mean that a fringe NBA player is just kinda lazy and I have a tough time believing that.
Amen.

It's the implication of laziness behind the question that really set him off. Too many people don't realize that not everyone is going to look like Robert Woodard if they just work out a bit more and go to P3.

Last edited:

FAILED STATE

Working your arse off to get where you are doesn't mean you have maximized your physical potential. There is NO way that body is maximized.
Let’s not act like there’s some scale or metric for ‘maximization‘ that is universal here. Any claim about whether or not a body is maximized to a task must be specific to the limits of the individual body in question.

Georges could be working his *** off and eating perfectly for all you know. And he might pursue these measures right up to the moment that athletic ability of this sort inevitably starts to taper off.

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
Let’s not act like there’s some scale or metric for ‘maximization‘ that is universal here. Any claim about whether or not a body is maximized to a task must be specific to the limits of the individual body in question.

Georges could be working his *** off and eating perfectly for all you know. And he might pursue these measures right up to the moment that athletic ability of this sort inevitably starts to taper off.
Exactly. Giving the benefit of the doubt, he just plain isn't up to the task.