What's new

Niang Makes the Team or We Riot Movement

Should change the thread title to "Niang Makes the Starting Lineup or We Riot Movement."

I think he starts in January and we will feel dumb we didn't do it earlier. Change all those Favors open threes into the corner into Niang open threes or Rudy dunks (cuz no one will leave a guy shooting better than 50% from three).

His defense has been pretty dang good too... you have to watch him specifically. He is very active and gets to the right spots. He's not disruptive, but very smart and tries really hard.

When we get serious about this whole winning basketball games thing then Niang will play more.

He also messes with his junk more than a baseball player... not sure what is going on but he needs to work on that.

would it be accurate to say he bears a resemblance to adam carolla? younger version, perhaps?

220px-2017-02-25_Adam_Carolla.jpg

images

I think he starts in January and we will feel dumb we didn't do it earlier. Change all those Favors open threes into the corner into Niang open threes or Rudy dunks (cuz no one will leave a guy shooting better than 50% from three).

His defense has been pretty dang good too... you have to watch him specifically. He is very active and gets to the right spots. He's not disruptive, but very smart and tries really hard.

When we get serious about this whole winning basketball games thing then Niang will play more.

He also messes with his junk more than a baseball player... not sure what is going on but he needs to work on that.

does a great job staying in front and contesting. pretty much what makes exum (or really anybody for that matter) so good defensively.

does a great job staying in front and contesting. pretty much what makes exum (or really anybody for that matter) so good defensively.

This plus he knows where to be... not just when guarding his guy he is a good team defender.

One thing I noticed in summer league is he was basically the quarterback of both the offense and the defense. Was constantly talking and getting his teammates the right spot. Just watch the little stuff he does. He's not Draymond, but I think he has enough intelligence and desire to be a plus team defender. Will likely get cooked on some switches here and there though.

I started my love affair with Niang as a little bit of a joke... thought he could be a good contributor, but it's turned into a real thing now. I legit think he'd be a difference maker in the starting lineup.

I think he is similar to Jared Dudley but has some of that Diaw ball handling and passing. I'm curious if he can score out of the post if they put a smaller wing on him. If you can pass then post up is still a decent weapon.

I was mildly disappointed he didn't start last night. Thought it would have been good to keep Jae in his bench role... He's kind of a gunner and sometimes we need it. Jae has struggled a bit shooting, but he is kinda hot and cold and I like the season he's had so far. He was deserving of the start, but I just want to see more of Georges as the glue guy starter.

Agree with you and HH. I always paid attention mostly to his offensive potential... calm, cool and collected and making smart plays with good form on his shot. Last night his defense stood out too.

In his preseason interview Locke asked Niang about why Georges has an “s” at the end... he said because he was so big when he was born that they thought there was two of him.

I’m not sure I can like him more... he was also super cool when we met him at summer league talked with the kids and was just genuinely nice.

In his preseason interview Locke asked Niang about why Georges has an “s” at the end... he said because he was so big when he was born that they thought there was two of him.
I think there's actually a silent apostrophe in his name. E.g. "Whose finals MVP trophy is this?" "That's George's."

I’m not sure I can like him more... he was also super cool when we met him at summer league talked with the kids and was just genuinely nice.
Lol. That is hilarious.

I think there's actually a silent apostrophe in his name. E.g. "Whose finals MVP trophy is this?" "That's George's."

I like to think it started as just George, but then he took possession of anything he wanted and they just changed it to Georges... omitting the apostrophe for efficiency's sake (Niang is all about efficiency).

Who's NBA is this? Georges!

I started my love affair with Niang as a little bit of a joke... thought he could be a good contributor, but it's turned into a real thing now. I legit think he'd be a difference maker in the starting lineup.

I think he is similar to Jared Dudley but has some of that Diaw ball handling and passing. I'm curious if he can score out of the post if they put a smaller wing on him. If you can pass then post up is still a decent weapon.
He was a great post player in college. Has all kinds of moves on that low block including a really nice hook shot.

Never forget a game vs byu, I believe Niang was a sophomore and Eric Mika was a frosh (prior to the mission)- Mika was bigger, stronger and a lot more athletic, and Georges just destroyed him from the post. Niang kept getting buckets and Mika was helpless.

He was a great post player in college. Has all kinds of moves on that low block including a really nice hook shot.

Never forget a game vs byu, I believe Niang was a sophomore and Eric Mika was a frosh (prior to the mission)- Mika was bigger, stronger and a lot more athletic, and Georges just destroyed him from the post. Niang kept getting buckets and Mika was helpless.

Does anyone have Quin's number... I have something I need to discuss with him.