What's new

Nikola Mirotic

why would you trade for Mirotic? Guys got no heart and can't fight. Sign the bloke that beat him up...

Whats ur problem guys?
We dont need more mediocre roster fillers

I would trade for Portis. He shoots over 33% from three and is a tenacious rebounder. He is a buy low option right now. Probably could get him for a 2nd

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Over 33% is a good thing? That's pretty mediocre.
Just because Jazz don't have many good 3PT shooters doesn't mean they should settle for mediocrity. You want a guy off the bench who shoots around 35%? Then just sign Jonas Jerebko. Oh wait....

I would trade for Portis. He shoots over 33% from three and is a tenacious rebounder. He is a buy low option right now. Probably could get him for a 2nd

I've been a Portis fan in the past, but he just isn't what Quin wants. Portis is more of a traditional PF/C combo who has stretched his game a bit. Not a ton of game feel or awareness, but plays hard.

Quin wants a PF who can put the ball on the ground more than anything, a playmaker.

I've been a Portis fan in the past, but he just isn't what Quin wants. Portis is more of a traditional PF/C combo who has stretched his game a bit. Not a ton of game feel or awareness, but plays hard.

Quin wants a PF who can put the ball on the ground more than anything, a playmaker.
I don't want him because he shoots 33% from 3. I want him because he is young, athletic and plays hard. I only bring up the 3 point shooting because its not like he's completely incompetent out there. Since he is young and has potential, he might get better over time.

If he can develop a 40% 3 point game with that motor, what an addition he would be.

I don't want him because he shoots 33% from 3. I want him because he is young, athletic and plays hard. I only bring up the 3 point shooting because its not like he's completely incompetent out there. Since he is young and has potential, he might get better over time.

If he can develop a 40% 3 point game with that motor, what an addition he would be.

idk why you quoted me when you didnt respond to or address anything I said.

idk why you quoted me when you didnt respond to or address anything I said.
I quoted you because I acknowledged your points about how he plays hard and isn't a stretch floor.

As for your point about "Quin wants a PF to put the ball on the floor", that's about as dumb as it gets. Favors doesnt do that. Udoh doesn't do that. Johnson is a SF we play at PF. Lyles did that but didnt play.

I don't think there is a "prototypical Quin" anything.

I quoted you because I acknowledged your points about how he plays hard and isn't a stretch floor.

As for your point about "Quin wants a PF to put the ball on the floor", that's about as dumb as it gets. Favors doesnt do that. Udoh doesn't do that. Johnson is a SF we play at PF. Lyles did that but didnt play.

I don't think there is a "prototypical Quin" anything.

I never said he wasnt a floor stretch. I said he has stretched his game, as in he shoots from 3. He just doesnt do the things Quin wants in a PF (dribble, make plays, willing passer).

Further, our PF history with Quin:

1. Quin didnt draft or trade for Favors. He has to play him because his talent level demands it and he makes the biggest impact consistetnly.
2. Udoh isnt a PF
3. Johnson is a PF who puts the ball on the floor. Yes, he is a PF. He isnt a SF. This isn't the year 2009. He is clearly Quin's favorite PF when he is playing at his peak ability.
4. They drafted Lyles because of his ability to put the ball on the floor and dribble.
5. They traded for Diaw just for his playmaking ability, even with the knowledge that he was on his last leg.

So yeah, the 3 PF's they have added in the Quin/Gobert era have a clear skill-set similarity. You could even add the decision to cut Bolomboy as further evidence to this pattern because he never showed the playmaking awareness on the floor.

Damn Cy, you just like to argue.

Regardless of how some want to over analyze, Portis would be a good addition if we can get him on the cheap. When we trade Favors, we will need PF depth.

Get Portis. If he ends up being the backup if the Jazz ever find something better, then great. Positional versatility is a big thing, as is shooting, as is defense, as is grinding.