What's new

Nikola Mirotic

If we can get Mirotic for Burks and a 2nd then yes. I don't think that's likely. Favor's for Mirotic? They are not going to do that deal. That hurts their tank and gets them nothing. That also isn't a help to us this season. Maybe it is next year but who knows.

Quinn's system creates plenty of spacing. The issue is that we are a team reliant on hitting our jump shots. When we arent our offense will struggle. Also we are turning the ball over way too much.

Mirotic isnt going to help create more space. I think he is a good player and I like him but Favor's is a better player when healthy. If we trade for Mirotic then he will be taking JJs minutes. I guess JJ could go back to playing more SF and cut out some or all of Sefolosha's minutes.

If we can get Mirotic for Burks and a 2nd then yes. I don't think that's likely. Favor's for Mirotic? They are not going to do that deal. That hurts their tank and gets them nothing. That also isn't a help to us this season. Maybe it is next year but who knows.

I don't think it's hurts the tank and what if they want to see how he fits with Lauri... he is young still so what if they like him long term.

How does Mirotic not help us? If we moved Favs for him we could give him Favs minutes and JJs role doesn't change.

The Bulls are in a crappy situation. Need to move one of these guys... neither has a ton of value right now... so it might be expiring contract for expiring contract but still be a good thing.

I don't think it's hurts the tank and what if they want to see how he fits with Lauri... he is young still so what if they like him long term.

How does Mirotic not help us? If we moved Favs for him we could give him Favs minutes and JJs role doesn't change.

The Bulls are in a crappy situation. Need to move one of these guys... neither has a ton of value right now... so it might be expiring contract for expiring contract but still be a good thing.

Favors is better than Mirotic.

The only reason I would do that trade if I was the Jazz is if you think Favor's wont stay healthy. Or if you think the Jazz are going to tank this year, but I dont. I think we are still aiming for the playoffs and will succeed at that. But I dont see any reason Chicago would do this trade.

That trade hurts us this year since it is a downgrade at that position. Chicago wins more games with him and hurts their lotto pick. Unless they think he is a long term fit and can re-sign him. But he does not fit with their age group and timeline.

A late 1st or even a couple 2nds might be worth more to Chicago than Favors. If we are going to trade Favors we need to wait until the deadline and hope his value is higher and we dont see a way to re-sign him.

And still ended the year shooting 34.2%. He's a streaky shooter who goes on streaks of missing more often than making.

Yeah I would estimate roughly that 65.8% of the time he missed the shot.

The only reason I would do that trade if I was the Jazz is if you think Favor's wont stay healthy. Or if you think the Jazz are going to tank this year, but I dont. I think we are still aiming for the playoffs and will succeed at that. But I dont see any reason Chicago would do this trade.

That trade hurts us this year since it is a downgrade at that position. Chicago wins more games with him and hurts their lotto pick. Unless they think he is a long term fit and can re-sign him. But he does not fit with their age group and timeline.

A late 1st or even a couple 2nds might be worth more to Chicago than Favors. If we are going to trade Favors we need to wait until the deadline and hope his value is higher and we dont see a way to re-sign him.

Do we really want a guy who gets smashed in a brawl ??

Favs won't ruin their tank. He's better than niko... that's why they do the trade. We would do it if the offense continues to sputter and DL feels like nikos fit will be better.

No one is giving up a first for niko...

Favs won't ruin their tank. He's better than niko... that's why they do the trade. We would do it if the offense continues to sputter and DL feels like nikos fit will be better.

No one is giving up a first for niko...

If he is better he helps them win games. That means they drop back a couple spots in the lottery. It does not take much to win a few more games. Favors also has a lot to play for in a contract team, especially if he gets traded.

I see 0 reasons Chicago would do this. They might as well sit Mirotic for the year and waive him at the end. Or they could get a second rounder or another young player not doing much that is on a longer contract. Or even just for a second rounder. There are many better options for the Bulls.

Favors for Mirotic would have to involve a third team. That is a possibility.

The only reason I would do that trade if I was the Jazz is if you think Favor's wont stay healthy. Or if you think the Jazz are going to tank this year, but I dont.

Or if the Jazz conclude the Favors/Rudy pairing has no future. Or if Favors doesn't seem committed long-term. It takes two to tango and it's hard to come up with many reasons for Derrick to stay, besides the money.

Or if the Jazz conclude the Favors/Rudy pairing has no future. Or if Favors doesn't seem committed long-term. It takes two to tango and it's hard to come up with many reasons for Derrick to stay, besides the money.

It seems easy for Favors to come up with reasons. He seems to like it here. He seems to like Snyder. He likes consistency. He likes his role as the starter and that the team has him as their PF, where many teams would want him to play center. He fits well with Gobert and they have good chemistry. Jazz are just about the only winning team that will have room to pay him. Jazz have committed to developing him. I am not sure why he would want to leave. Unless he wants a bigger role. But I dont think that has been an issue to him. I think he cares more about winning.

If he is better he helps them win games. That means they drop back a couple spots in the lottery. It does not take much to win a few more games. Favors also has a lot to play for in a contract team, especially if he gets traded.

I see 0 reasons Chicago would do this. They might as well sit Mirotic for the year and waive him at the end. Or they could get a second rounder or another young player not doing much that is on a longer contract. Or even just for a second rounder. There are many better options for the Bulls.

Favors for Mirotic would have to involve a third team. That is a possibility.

That team is awful... adding Favs won't change their position much or at all. They can absolutely tank around him.

Mirotic has a no trade and a good sized contract... so say they wanted to trade him to a team where he is not a starter... he can say no... acquirers would need to cobble together enough expiring to make a deal work too. 12M is not super high but it won't be easy.

I'm not saying I'd do it or that they should but it's totally plausible.

That team is awful... adding Favs won't change their position much or at all. They can absolutely tank around him.

Mirotic has a no trade and a good sized contract... so say they wanted to trade him to a team where he is not a starter... he can say no... acquirers would need to cobble together enough expiring to make a deal work too. 12M is not super high but it won't be easy.

I'm not saying I'd do it or that they should but it's totally plausible.

What does Chicago get out of the trade? Nothing. A player that leaves at the end of the season and is an upgrade of their roster that is trying to tank and reset. They dont want or need a player entering into his prime about to hit UFA.

You said Favors is better, which he is. A better player helps you win more. Maybe not a lot but every game hurts your lottery position. Favors can eat up a lot of East bigs.

Standing still or literally any other trade is better for them.

Chicago also seems to like Mirotic so they dont need to trade him. They very well can offer up both players and see what they get a better offer for. Maybe that will be Portis, the one that is currently suspended.

What does Chicago get out of the trade? Nothing. A player that leaves at the end of the season and is an upgrade of their roster that is trying to tank and reset. They dont want or need a player entering into his prime about to hit UFA.

You said Favors is better, which he is. A better player helps you win more. Maybe not a lot but every game hurts your lottery position. Favors can eat up a lot of East bigs.

Standing still or literally any other trade is better for them.

Chicago also seems to like Mirotic so they dont need to trade him. They very well can offer up both players and see what they get a better offer for. Maybe that will be Portis, the one that is currently suspended.

They would get Favs bird rights... sign and trades will happen again in this cap environment and they'd get a look at how Favs fits long term. So they could keep him or trade him for something if they wanted... or he could walk.

Look around the league... which team wants Mirotic? Which one has expiring contracts to match salary?

If they keep him and hold him out the black cloud hangs over the team the whole year. to be honest they should move Portis if they can to be done with it... They still might move Mirotic later.

Not every game affects your lottery position... only if it makes you win more than the closest team... their roster is garbage and will be bottom five with or without favs. They could not trade him until January anyway so it would be for like 65% of the season.

1. Shooting isnt part of the problem
2. I'm not going to judge shooting in a 5 game sample size

However we can clearly see the Jazz don't have the kind of player who can consistently get to the rim and draw fouls or score at the rim off the dribble. Hood showed some ability to draw fouls last game (though half of them were on a 3pt attempt, which is a fluky thing), but the only player who has shown any ability to really slice through the defense off the dribble is Mitchell, and he is too green to be consistent at this point.

Yes, you need a good 3pt % and high attempt rate to be a great offense, but the Jazz don't have to be a great offense. The Jazz just need to have a consistently decent offense. I don't think the 3pt shooting will stand in the way of that. What could is turnovers and lack of FT attempts.

Quin needs to shoulder some of the blame as seen in the last game against the Suns. At the end of each half the Suns were in foul trouble. Yet we didn't go into attack mode. Halfway through the fourth Favors was on a roll being effective inside as we mounted a comeback. Then Favors took that awful 3 pt. shot that missed, and we settled for jumpers from then on. Chandler was in foul trouble too. Quin did not recognize and take advantage of what was working.

Pretty predictable stuff around here after that Suns loss.... meltdown. Blow it up.

If the bulls got Favors the would start him next to markannen. Call him a center or pf it doesn't matter. They move offense less Robin Lopez to the bench.

Instantly the bulls get better offensive with out losing defense.

I am a mirotic fan but I am torn on this trade. Maybe we could work burks in for valentine might make it more appealing.

Sent from my Z981 using JazzFanz mobile app