What's new

NON-JAZZ NBA PLAYOFF thread

I don’t think a lot of you really watch games.

Tucker, Craig and Beverley are washed. Gobert is a top-5 player. Jae Crowder is the missing piece.

This board is hilarious. @LoPo is on another thread saying we really could have used Crowder against the Clippers. @fishonjazz liked his comment.

But for some reason Tucker and Craig wouldn’t have done **** for us.

Comedy at its finest.
we could have used craig, tucker, crowder and about 100 other dudes against the clippers. Even could have used Ersan, brantley, forest, hughes. We sucked against the clippers. Hell we could have even used niang if he would have played more like he normally plays. We could have used conley too. We could have used a zone or some other coaching adustments too. Lots of stuff could have helped us against the clippers. Some of those things also might not have made a difference too. hypotheticals are really quite hypothetical.

we could have used craig, tucker, crowder and about 100 other dudes against the clippers. Even could have used Ersan, brantley, forest, hughes. We sucked against the clippers. Hell we could have even used niang if he would have played more like he normally plays. We could have used conley too.

Then why the **** are you arguing about Torrey Craig that is the whole point of what myself and HH are saying. Guys like that matter but DL goes out and trade a 2nd round pick for Matt Thomas.

Then why the **** are you arguing about Torrey Craig that is the whole point of what myself and HH are saying. Guys like that matter but DL goes out and trade a 2nd round pick for Matt Thomas.
Ya matt thomas is another guy that could have helped us.

Probably because we didn’t offer him the most money. Not saying he’d love it here but he’d like to get paid to play basketball. I’m sure Milwaukee (where he ended up signing)has a great relationship with black athletes... oh wait.
It's not like Utah is the least liked place in the NBA by athletes, oh wait.

It's fine you obsessed over Jazz getting Shaq and we did. Not it's an obsession over not getting this guy.

Personally I agree we need an upgrade at forward and wing. More options/utility in the playoffs is important. I think these type of guys are less the issue and our major players need to be changed. We need a good defensive 3/4 that is athletic, can play defense, switch on defense, and make an open shot. That needs to be a guy who can get major minutes. Right now the closest thing to that is Royce. We need another and better equipped for quicker players.

Do you think if we signed Craig we win the series? I personally think we will lose. We need a major upgrade like trading Bojan, Conley, or Clarkson to win that series. Or we needed a healthy roster. Or we needed coaching to be different. But I think a case could be made for plenty of other options.

Some of the issues aren't players but the approach, some are the opposite.

I have no problem with the approach the Jazz took to drafting last year. Personally I preferred to trade the pick for a decent vet since we are in a small window. But drafting based on position and need is a terrible idea. Maybe he was the wrong pick but if they really thought he was the best player available then take him regardless of position.

Matt Thomas seems like he sucks but maybe he'll get better. But regardless of how good he was he was picked up for the future. We shouldn't be doing that this season. We should have gone after someone to help us now.

Ersan was the right type of player and the right type of move imo. I think he should have got a little burn when favors was struggling multiple games in a row either due to fatigue, injuries, or fatigue.

No he is not lol. We need perimeter defenders. He’s the opposite of that. We saw what happened to Niang.
What if Matt thomas shot 7-10 from three in a game? You dont think that would be helpful?

You really think Craig is on the same level as Crowder?
His recency bias does.
He doesn't remember when Craig played less than one minute in a playoff game for the suns this year and had a negative 5 impact and the suns won anyway.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

See I think you should use the word "might" help us since we don't really know.
Had ersan proved he was an NBA player before?
So everyone should qualify every statement with a "might" then... Ersan had proved he was an nba player... he also proved he was long in the tooth. He might have been useful in the right situation... Craig would have been useful in many more situations.

You really think Craig is on the same level as Crowder?
Craig's defense and athletic ability is definitely better, but pretty much everything else Crowder is better at. I don't think either is a big part of phoenix's success. Crowder is probably about slightly less important than Royce is to us.

Show me a game where that has ever happened. With guys who play defense you know their defense shows up every night.
Nah. Rudy is actually a really good defender. I saw games against the clippers when his defense didn't show up.
Good defenders have had defensive games all time.
I think tucker us a good defender.
Durant scored 48 against him and had his best scoring playoff series of his entire career.

Nah. Rudy is actually a really good defender. I saw games against the clippers when his defense didn't show up.
Good defenders have had defensive games all time.
I think tucker us a good defender.
Durant scored 48 against him and had his best scoring playoff series of his entire career.

That’s correct any other defender and he probably scores 60 and wins.