What's new

NON-JAZZ NBA PLAYOFF thread

It's not like Utah is the least liked place in the NBA by athletes, oh wait.

It's fine you obsessed over Jazz getting Shaq and we did. Not it's an obsession over not getting this guy.

Personally I agree we need an upgrade at forward and wing. More options/utility in the playoffs is important. I think these type of guys are less the issue and our major players need to be changed. We need a good defensive 3/4 that is athletic, can play defense, switch on defense, and make an open shot. That needs to be a guy who can get major minutes. Right now the closest thing to that is Royce. We need another and better equipped for quicker players.

Do you think if we signed Craig we win the series? I personally think we will lose. We need a major upgrade like trading Bojan, Conley, or Clarkson to win that series. Or we needed a healthy roster. Or we needed coaching to be different. But I think a case could be made for plenty of other options.
So I guess maybe don't sign anyone then... because what if they don't like it here.

Shaq could have helped us. He wasn't viewed as a wing. He was seen as less than Oni... so they let him go.

I don't know that Craig flips the series... I said as much... I know that Niang was actively bad and really hurt us. I know that we had multiple holes on the roster and didn't address them. I know that it came back and hurt us when all we had on the bench was unproven guys and limited athletic options. I know we had chances to change that. I know that we did not give ourselves the best chance to win the series.

Maybe the Jazz didn't want Craig because Mitchell burned him so bad in the playoffs they thought he would never recover.
Then the Jazz are dumb AF... Craig isn't the type of guy you want guarding Mitchell... he's better on the bigger wings and guys like Morris. I would think the Jazz would be smart enough to realize this since we send Royce out there to get murdered by the Damian Lillard types on the reg... even though Royce is a good defender.

So everyone should qualify every statement with a "might" then... Ersan had proved he was an nba player... he also proved he was long in the tooth. He might have been useful in the right situation... Craig would have been useful in many more situations.
We don't even know Craig would have played.
Let's say the jazz had Craig this season. Quin likes spacing on offense and running guys off the 3 point line into Rudy on defense. Did that worj this season? I think so. We set lots of records offensively and we were number one defending the three and were really good defending the paint and keeping guys off the 3 point line. I think we were top 3 defensively and offensively.
Is Craig better than niang at providing spacing? Would he run guys in to Rudy or try to stop then himself more. Would our offensive and defensive ratings been better than top three with Craig instead of niang?
I doubt it. I think quin would have played niang all throughout the regular season like he did. I think he would have tried to play niang in both playoff series of we look at quins history at making adjustments and lineup changes.
Let's say he plays Craig for niangs minutes vs the clippers. I still think we loose. Let's say Craig's guy just can't get past Craig in the minutes Craig is in. So they just attack Clarkson or Mitchell or bogey or whoever instead. Rudy comes into the paint to help. Clippers find the open man. Three pointer.

Hell, the clippers are doing quite well against the suns who even have the mighty Craig. If Paul George makes 2 free throws the clippers are up 3-2 right now and might finish the suns in 6.
If the refs review an out of bounds call at the end of the previous suns clippers game that obviously of the suns player then the clippers might have finished the suns in 5 even with the contributions of the mighty Craig.

I think we are finding out that maybe the clippers are good. Even against a team led by Torrey Craig they still have a chance

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Some of the issues aren't players but the approach, some are the opposite.

I have no problem with the approach the Jazz took to drafting last year. Personally I preferred to trade the pick for a decent vet since we are in a small window. But drafting based on position and need is a terrible idea. Maybe he was the wrong pick but if they really thought he was the best player available then take him regardless of position.

Matt Thomas seems like he sucks but maybe he'll get better. But regardless of how good he was he was picked up for the future. We shouldn't be doing that this season. We should have gone after someone to help us now.

Ersan was the right type of player and the right type of move imo. I think he should have got a little burn when favors was struggling multiple games in a row either due to fatigue, injuries, or fatigue.
I agree with much of this. I don't draft for need but I also don't believe in drafting non-shooting, non-playmaking centers unless they are so damn special you can't pass them up. And if they are that special you don't sign a veteran to come in and play ahead of them for 3 years.

Thomas is trash and the type of guy you can't play in the playoffs because he will get cooked. We needed help now.

Agree on Ersan but he was also a limited option. Not sure the Clips series was the one for him. We needed at least one or two other types of proven players on the bench.

Lol Craig has literally had a bigger influence on the series than Crowder has. Have you watched any of the conference finals?
I'm not watching that series because I don't want to be reminded of how we choked against a team we should have beaten.

But if Craig is so crucial, why has he only played about 11 minutes a game? 0 steals? 1 block? 10 total rebounds? 17 total points?

Crowder hasn't played great, but he's playing about 30 minutes per game in this series. And his team is up 3-2. And doesn't he have the chore of guarding Paul George most of the time? I haven't watched, but if he has, he's going to get scored on. Stars score on everybody. It's what they do. And most times, role players who spend a lot of energy guarding stars struggle at the other end.

That’s correct any other defender and he probably scores 60 and wins.
Lol. Durant has been guarded by lots and lots of dudes not named tucker and has never scored 60.
That was literally his best playoff series ever.

Torrey Craig per 36 mins this Playoffs:

14.1 PPG, 9.9 RPG, 1.5 BPG, 44% from 3 on 5.3 attempts.

Jae Crowder per 36 mins this Playoffs:

11.3 PPG, 5.9 RPG. 0.9 BPG, 35.1% from 3 on 7.2 attempts

One guy is making 1.68M and the other is making 9.26M.

Lol. Durant has been guarded by lots and lots of dudes not named tucker and has never scored 60.

Yes, he played the most minutes and shot the most shots of any playoff series in his career. He’s Kevin Durant what do you expect when you give him more minutes and more shots?

We don't even know Craig would have played.
Let's say the jazz had Craig this season. Quin likes spacing on offense and running guys off the 3 point line into Rudy on defense. Did that worj this season? I think so. We set lots of records offensively and we were number one defending the three and were really good defending the paint and keeping guys off the 3 point line. I think we were top 3 defensively and offensively.
Is Craig better than niang at providing spacing? Would he run guys in to Rudy or try to stop then himself more. Would our offensive and defensive ratings been better than top three with Craig instead of niang?
I doubt it. I think quin would have played niang all throughout the regular season like he did. I think he would have tried to play niang in both playoff series of we look at quins history at making adjustments and lineup changes.
Let's say he plays Craig for niangs minutes vs the clippers. I still think we loose. Let's say Craig's guy just can't get past Craig in the minutes Craig is in. So they just attack Clarkson or Mitchell or bogey or whoever instead. Rudy comes into the paint to help. Clippers find the open man. Three pointer.

Hell, the clippers are doing quite well against the suns who even have the mighty Craig. If Paul George makes 2 free throws the clippers are up 3-2 right now and might finish the suns in 6.
If the refs review an out of bounds call at the end of the previous suns clippers game that obviously of the suns player then the clippers might have finished the suns in 5 even with the contributions of the mighty Craig.

I think we are finding out that maybe the clippers are good. Even against a team led by Torrey Craig they still have a chance

You can say "might" and "maybe" in front of anything posted here. You posted like 12 hypothetical situations above that seem to indicate you know how it'd play out.

KD might have helped us... but what if he didn't like it here or doesn't like Rudy... you don't know that we'd win a title with KD. See. I'm not gonna go there.

If Quin is dumb enough to not understand how this **** works and that guys like Craig tend to be more viable in the playoffs then guys like Niang... then I'd want to know that about Quin. Its something we can look more definitively at and say he had options. Oni/Brantley/Forrest/Thomas/Morgan have not proven nearly as much as Craig. If Quin is still that rigid then we should move on because he won't be the guy that wins us a title. We didn't find out because he has guys at the end of his bench that are likely not NBA players. (and yes we don't know they aren't.... I also don't know that Joan from accounting isn't an NBA player either... but Craig has already proven it).

The clippers are really good... part of the reason why is they are very adaptable and have so many options at the end of the bench that they can plug in. I always said the Clips were good. Assholes on here were talking about how it was a 5 or 6 game series at best... I was saying I didn't think we should be favored. I know they are good. We didn't give ourselves the best chance to beat them.

Yes, he played the most minutes and shot the most shots of any playoff series in his career. He’s Kevin Durant what do you expect when you give him more minutes and more shots?

@fishonjazz

Durant shot 36 times and scored 48 points. Congrats?

He also shot 9/25, 11/28 and 12/25 against Tucker. This was his best series ever right? You really just go by stats all the time and don’t watch games lmao.

Torrey Craig per 36 mins this Playoffs:

14.1 PPG, 9.9 RPG, 1.5 BPG, 44% from 3 on 5.3 attempts.

Jae Crowder per 36 mins this Playoffs:

11.3 PPG, 5.9 RPG. 0.9 BPG, 35.1% from 3 on 7.2 attempts

One guy is making 1.68M and the other is making 9.26M.
Can't go by stats bro. What crowder is doing doesn't show up in stats.

I'm not watching that series because I don't want to be reminded of how we choked against a team we should have beaten.

But if Craig is so crucial, why has he only played about 11 minutes a game? 0 steals? 1 block? 10 total rebounds? 17 total points?

Crowder hasn't played great, but he's playing about 30 minutes per game in this series. And his team is up 3-2. And doesn't he have the chore of guarding Paul George most of the time? I haven't watched, but if he has, he's going to get scored on. Stars score on everybody. It's what they do. And most times, role players who spend a lot of energy guarding stars struggle at the other end.
Because they have a **** ton of options... Craig is playing the minutes he needs to. 11-12 minutes a night is what I would have wanted from him.

Weird that he would take more shots when he has THE Durant stopper guarding him.
Seems like he would shoot less with when guarded by the best defender he has ever faced.

Weird that he would take more shots when he has THE Durant stopper guarding him.
Seems like he would shoot less with when guarded by the best defender he has ever faced.

He shot terribly 4 out of 7 games lmao. You don’t even watch games dude. If you do it’s the same as someone who doesn’t know basketball watching games.

Yeah but he could have averaged 60... just because he hasn't done it doesn't mean he can't do it. (am I doing it right... just like how Niang could have played better)

If Milwaukee doesn't add Tucker they don't win the series. Full stop. KD gave him buckets... Tucker made him uncomfortable at times... those times made the difference in the series.

You can say "might" and "maybe" in front of anything posted here. You posted like 12 hypothetical situations above that seem to indicate you know how it'd play out.

KD might have helped us... but what if he didn't like it here or doesn't like Rudy... you don't know that we'd win a title with KD. See. I'm not gonna go there.

If Quin is dumb enough to not understand how this **** works and that guys like Craig tend to be more viable in the playoffs then guys like Niang... then I'd want to know that about Quin. Its something we can look more definitively at and say he had options. Oni/Brantley/Forrest/Thomas/Morgan have not proven nearly as much as Craig. If Quin is still that rigid then we should move on because he won't be the guy that wins us a title. We didn't find out because he has guys at the end of his bench that are likely not NBA players. (and yes we don't know they aren't.... I also don't know that Joan from accounting isn't an NBA player either... but Craig has already proven it).

The clippers are really good... part of the reason why is they are very adaptable and have so many options at the end of the bench that they can plug in. I always said the Clips were good. Assholes on here were talking about how it was a 5 or 6 game series at best... I was saying I didn't think we should be favored. I know they are good. We didn't give ourselves the best chance to beat them.
Exactly. Hypotheticals are hypothetical. In your hypothetical Craig helps us. I'm mine he might help us. Neither of us are right or wrong.
Then there are the non hypotheticals. The things that happened. Like Craig having a good game and helping the suns win in game one. And Craig playing less than 1 minutes and being a negative 5 in game 4 and not helping them win.
The bucks thought a player named cash considerations would help them win more than Craig

Dude... he had to shoot. There was no one else to create a shot.

Exactly. Hypotheticals are hypothetical. In your hypothetical Craig helps us. I'm mine he might help us. Neither of us are right or wrong.
Then there are the non hypotheticals. The things that happened. Like Craig having a good game and helping the suns win in game one. And Craig playing less than 1 minutes and being a negative 5 in game 4 and not helping them win.
The bucks thought a player named cash considerations would help them win more than Craig

No one is right or wrong then... no one should post... its all a simulation anyway... you can't tell me its not.

Bucks dumped some salary so Craig must suck. Payne was in the G League last year so he must suck. Mann was a second round pick he must suck. Pistons cut Jackson and Blake they must suck... front offices nail this **** all the time. Lolz.