What's new

NON-JAZZ NBA PLAYOFF thread

Lol Niang and Oni for two.

When Clippers went small we could have put Tucker at the 5. We are in the WCF if we have Tucker instead of Favors this year.
Lol.
You think quin was going to bench gobert?

And you think tucker gets us to the western conference finals?

Can I have some of that Kind Bud you smoking?

Bucks held the nets to 2 points in overtime after tucker fouled out btw
Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Lol.

Bucks held the nets to 2 points in overtime after tucker fouled out btw

News flash, the Bucks only scored 4 points before the last foul. Both teams were gassed. Had nothing to do with Tucker fouling out.

Maybe if Quin had the personnel he might have. We have seen him bench Gobert when he was helping us to a big run. You never know.

If you don’t think Tucker makes a difference on this team than I don’t know what to tell you.

Fish, I love you man so I’m gonna let this conversation go.

Lol.

Actually just two seasons ago when Rudy had an awful night against the Bucks, Quin subbed in Favs, who was still tough and somewhat athletic back them, to play great defense to help the Jazz rally after being down by as many as 15 points.

Rudy only played 20 minutes and Favs played 32.

So we know Quin clearly doesn't shy away from benching Rudy, if our backup center is up for the task.

News flash, the Bucks only scored 4 points before the last foul. Both teams were gassed. Had nothing to do with Tucker fouling out.

Maybe if Quin had the personnel he might have. We have seen him bench Gobert when he was helping us to a big run. You never know.

If you don’t think Tucker makes a difference on this team than I don’t know what to tell you.

Fish, I love you man so I’m gonna let this conversation go.
At least tucker held Durant to highest scoring game 7 in nba history tonight.

This guy is the guy that is going to Cayce quin to go to a whole new system that he has never before implemented. I mean he has ersan if he wanted to go small.

Look at those 20-21 season stats
Screenshot_20210619-221739.jpg

Actually just two seasons ago when Rudy had an awful night against the Bucks, Quin subbed in Favs, who was still tough and somewhat athletic back them, to play great defense to help the Jazz rally after being down by as many as 15 points.

So we know Quin clearly doesn't shy away from benching Rudy, if our backup center is up for the task.
So you think pj tucker, who averaged 3.7 points per game and had a per of 5.55 would cause quin to play a whole new style that he has never played before? The bucks have Giannis and Lopez. He isn't even playing small ball 5 as it is right now. But he would have been the key to unlock everything for the jazz.

Ya, I'm not going to buy that.

At least tucker held Durant to highest scoring game 7 in nba history tonight.

This guy is the guy that is going to Cayce quin to go to a whole new system that he has never before implemented. I mean he has ersan if he wanted to go small.

Look at those 20-21 season stats
View attachment 10833

Dude the whole reason we lost is because Quin thought Rudy could do more than he could. If Quin had an option on the bench and didn’t use him then his *** would need to get fired. Hell, I think he should anyways but I’m not sure he will.

The funniest part though is me actually picturing in my head playing tucker as the small ball 5 against the clippers.
Clippers ball handler blows by his perimeter defender and tucker leaves his man to go protect the paint. Clippers can't do anything against that I'm sure.

Look, maybe tucker could help the jazz a bit here and there. But 36 year old 5.55 PER tucker isn't the key. It's not like he was the most sought after player in the league and every team was trying everything they could to acquire the guy

He is a fiesty, good defender who is really good at being annoying and a disrupter. He is a poor man's Dillon Brooks. I would rather have Royce O'Neal without a doubt.

I wouldn't hate him taking niangs 8 or 9 minutes per game.

Dude the whole reason we lost is because Quin thought Rudy could do more than he could. If Quin had an option on the bench and didn’t use him then his *** would need to get fired. Hell, I think he should anyways but I’m not sure he will.
He obviously had options on the bench and didn't use them. But no coach plays every bench player. Hell, in this game 7 dudes were going 50 minutes plus. Benches don't get used all that much typically in the playoffs

The funniest part though is me actually picturing in my head playing tucker as the small ball 5 against the clippers.
Clippers ball handler blows by his perimeter defender and tucker leaves his man to go protect the paint. Clippers can't do anything against that I'm sure.

Look, maybe tucker could help the jazz a bit here and there. But 36 year old 5.55 PER tucker isn't the key. It's not like he was the most sought after player in the league and every team was trying everything they could to acquire the guy

He is a fiesty, good defender who is really good at being annoying and a disrupter. He is a poor man's Dillon Brooks. I would rather have Royce O'Neal without a doubt.

I wouldn't hate him taking niangs 8 or 9 minutes per game.

I’m not sure there is anything more embarrassing than the player Rudy guarding having uncontested corner threes all game.

You do realize that if we allowed them to score a layup every time down the floor at an 80% rate from the field in the second half we still would have won the game?

You think the Clippers shoot 80% from the field without Rudy out there? **** no.

Image1624163631.810900.jpg

Since stats is all that matters Royce is trash. Right @fishonjazz? Come on man I thought you were way more basketball knowledge savvy than this.

I'm curious if quin would do that now, after Rudy's huge contract and some more all star appearances, dpoy's, all nba, etc. I will keep an eye to see if it happens. Not gonna hold my breath though.

The record for highest FG% for a team in a single game is 70.7%.

If we allowed the Clippers to shoot 80% from 2 the entire second half without Rudy in the game we still win the game by 2.

Let that sink in. How ****ing pathetic that Quin left Rudy out there and what sorry effort from Rudy.

If every 5 possessions down the floor we gave up 4 layups we still win the ****ing game. With Rudy out there allowing uncontested three after uncontested three we lost.

I’m not sure there is anything more embarrassing than the player Rudy guarding having uncontested corner threes all game.

You do realize that if we allowed them to score a layup every time down the floor at an 80% rate from the field in the second half we still would have won the game?

You think the Clippers shoot 80% from the field without Rudy out there? **** no.
I agree that quin should have done things differently. Used Rudy differently. I have said a million times that he should have made adjustments (as you well know)

I'm just picturing tucker as a small ball 5. I still see clippers getting past our perimeter defense. Sure he could tell tucker to just give them layups and stick to his man on three point line. He could have and should have told that to Rudy as well.
I just don't see how the addition of tucker stops the clippers.

I'm curious if quin would do that now, after Rudy's huge contract and some more all star appearances, dpoy's, all nba, etc. I will keep an eye to see if it happens. Not gonna hold my breath though.

What happened to Derrick’s explosion?

A younger Korver and Clarkson sure would’ve been fun to watch coming off the bench this year.

It’s too bad Ricky couldn’t shoot. He seemed like a great chemistry guy and threw the lob to our bigs better than anyone I’ve ever seen. My wife also thought he was really hot.

I agree that quin should have done things differently. Used Rudy differently. I have said a million times that he should have made adjustments (as you well know)

I'm just picturing tucker as a small ball 5. I still see clippers getting past our perimeter defense. Sure he could tell tucker to just give them layups and stick to his man on three point line. He could have and should have told that to Rudy as well.
I just don't see how the addition of tucker stops the clippers.

If we literally took Rudy out of the game we are playing a Game 7 on Sunday. If he would have put Niang in instead of Rudy we literally win the game.

The record for highest FG% for a team in a single game is 70.7%.

If we allowed the Clippers to shoot 80% from 2 the entire second half without Rudy in the game we still win the game by 2.

Let that sink in. How ****ing pathetic that Quin left Rudy out there.
How pathetic that quin didn't go to a zone
Tell guys too sag off their man a bit rather than allowing them to break into the paint at will.
Tell Rudy not to help his teammates.
Tell everyone to just allow layups.
Play ersan at the 5 and bench Rudy.

We agree that the gameplan was not working and should have been changed.

How pathetic that quin didn't go to a zone
Tell guys too sag off their man a bit rather than allowing them to break into the paint at will.
Tell Rudy not to help his teammates.
Tell everyone to just allow layups.
Play ersan at the 5 and bench Rudy.

We agree that the gameplan was not working and should have been changed.

Quin needs to go. The more we talk about this the worse it looks. Literally anything you said would have won us the game.