What's new

NON-JAZZ NBA PLAYOFF thread

Frustrating to watch the clippers go small and then attempt pull up threes with a defender close by. Why aren't they attempting to drive and then kick to an open shooter like they did against us?
I watched it work in this game a couple of times but they stopped doing it.
George and Reggie Jackson just pulling up and taking difficult threes without any drive attempts or ball movement. Wish they did that against us

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
The Suns, unlike the Jazz, have players capable of keeping their man in front of them.

Bridges > O'neale. Also, Clippers catching some breaks when Booker keeps trying to ISO ball like Mitchell. I knew Booker was gonna miss the last two shots he took because he was playing exactly like Mitchell and the Jazz were playing.

Because their perimeter defenders aren't Niang, Bogey, Ingles, Clarkson, and a hobbled Mitchell / Conley. They're young, long, and athletic.
Yet I have seen them get past the defender when they tried to.
They just got lazy and stopped trying. Maybe they are tired. Idk. But basically there isn't anyone in the league that can prevent an offensive player from getting past them on the 3 point line without fouling.

The Suns, unlike the Jazz, have players capable of keeping their man in front of them.
But I saw clippers ball handlers get past suns perimeter defenders a bunch of times in this game.
Then they stopped trying to and settled. Maybe they are tired

If the Suns lose this game because of Booker's ISO plays, I'm going to be so annoyed. They learned a lot of things from the Jazz series, but they didn't learn that being an ISO ballhog doesn't work against the Clippers?

The difference is that Phoenix is not the Jazz.
You are right. They always have post season success. Many championship banners hanging from their rafters. Cp3 is well known for dominating the playoffs and always coming through in the clutch.

You are right. They always have post season success. Many championship banners hanging from their rafters. Cp3 is well known for dominating the playoffs and always coming through in the clutch.

I'll agree with you that they should have definitely used Batum/whoever the Suns center was guarding more often. The Clippers should also have tried to ISO ball Ayton like they did to Gobert. Didn't watch the entire game, so not sure if they tried that.

Yet I have seen them get past the defender when they tried to.
They just got lazy and stopped trying.

the purpose of the perimeter stoppers is not actually stopping their dribble penetration on every possession, but rather making it tougher for them to get past.

So it's not exactly the case of clippers getting lazy and stopped trying, it's more on them spending too much energy previously on every dribbling attempt and running out of gas.

The jazz, on the other hand, didn't give much of resistance at all against Clippers dribble penetration which allowed them to burn us from that end all night long. And Donovan and Clarkson ended up becoming the ones who ran out of steam.

I mean how many WCFs do they have over the past 20 years? While we're out fishing because Snyder is a clown of a coach

the purpose of the perimeter stoppers is not actually stopping their dribble penetration on every possession, but rather making it tougher for them to get past.

So it's not exactly the case of clippers getting lazy and stopped trying, it's more on them spending too much energy previously on every dribbling attempt and running out of gas.

The jazz, on the other hand, didn't give much of resistance at all against Clippers dribble penetration which allowed them to burn us from that end all night long. And Donovan and Clarkson ended up becoming the ones who ran out of steam.
Good post

Suns show more maturity and balance than the Jazz. They can answer their lineups changes that worked with the Jazz and punished them. After this series is it will be even more embarrassing for us how we lost against these clowns. 4-1 suns.

our top guys are just as good as the Suns, if not better. But the difference is that their FO did a much better job filling up the end of their rotation so they are well covered even when CP3 went down

Suns show more maturity and balance than the Jazz. They can answer their lineups changes that worked with the Jazz and punished them. After this series is it will be even more embarrassing for us how we lost against these clowns. 4-1 suns.

Keep your shirt on. The Jazz won Games 1 and 2 at home, and the Clippers had Kawhi.

I mean how many WCFs do they have over the past 20 years? While we're out fishing because Snyder is a clown of a coach
The suns? They have all the wcf appearances. The suns gm assembled a team with more championship pedigree than any team in history.
Craig, ayton, bridges, booker, Paul, saric, I mean all those guys need more fingers on their hands to accommodate all the championships they have won. Every team should probably just forfeit and give the suns the title right now.