What's new

NON-JAZZ NBA PLAYOFF thread

The Clippers use Game 1 to gather data and make adjustments. By Games 3 and 4, they'll have optimized their rotations and figured out who to attack how.
Agreed. Lue has impressed.
First adjustment I think he should make? Don't play cousins.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I never heard what Leonard's injury was. What happened to him?

You are right. They always have post season success. Many championship banners hanging from their rafters. Cp3 is well known for dominating the playoffs and always coming through in the clutch.

Not sure what this has anything to do with the fact that Phoenix, under its current roster and coaching staff, have shown no history of ever choking. I mean, granted, it's one set of playoff appearances, but already the Suns have taken out the Lakers with ease, the Nuggets with ease and will likely do the same with LAC.

But the suns are a championship franchise unlike the jazz. (Sarcasm)

lmao no one is calling the Suns a championship franchise.

They're just much better coached than the Jazz and likely that coaching is going to be the reason they win this series. Unlike Utah, who led 2-0 and lost four straight, including by blowing a 25 point lead in game six. There's nothing Phoenix has done at any point in this year's playoff that comes close to that choke.

The Clippers use Game 1 to gather data and make adjustments. By Games 3 and 4, they'll have optimized their rotations and figured out who to attack how.
This is what I think. Games 3 & 4 will be more revealing of who is the better team. I think Phoenix will do much better than the Jazz though.

I will just post once more about this cause i have already provided tons of factual statistical info rather than just opinion/eye test bias stuff but durant has played in 27 playoff series in his career. The series that he averaged the most point per game in was the one when he went up against the mighty tucker.
I mean through all of this discussion no one has provided any actual evidence of tuckers greatness. I mean isn't there some plus minus, vorp, or some other advanced stats that at least show his greatness? We know his shooting percentages, points per game, rebounding numbers, assist numbers, free throw rate, free throw percentage (60 lol), PER, etc all suck and we know he wasn't highly sought after and isn't on a big money contract and we know he is 36 years old and isn't long or athletic and we know that Durant just had his best scoring playoff series of his career against tucker. These are all things that we can actually all see.
I get that raw stats cant show everything and understand what you mean by you dont measure him based off his stats. But his stats do show some things right? Like I think you might be able to agree that averaging 4.7 points per game per 36 minutes would indicate that he isn't exceptional offensively at putting the ball in the basket. Is that too slanderous against him or is it ok to at least admit that?

So far all I have heard proving his greatness is "just watch him play" (i did), and "you cant measure his greatness with stats", and" NBA GM's are dumb" you just have to trust jazzfanz message board posters.
But did you see how Tucker made Durant take one more step? He was working for it. He missed that last shot because of all those extra steps, lol.

Really, only reason they matched them up because Giannis got his *** handed to him on defense while guarding Durant. There was no reason to risk foul trouble and he is better as a helper on D.

Lue having a reputation as some kind of adjustment God is such a moronic narrative.

The Clippers have a far better roster than the Mavs. The Clippers, even without Kawhi, have a far better roster than the Jazz w/o Conley and with Mitchell playing on one ankle.

If you spend the first two games of every series trying to make unplayable dudes work, then obviously you can only go up from there.

Anybody could've told Lue right away playing Cousins is a terrible decision.

Keep your shirt on. The Jazz won Games 1 and 2 at home, and the Clippers had Kawhi.
I just saw more balance and poise. No silly runs by after they got up 5-10 points. They just kept their poise and finished them off. Both our wins were just weird. There had to be some herculean effort by Mitchel to get us on the tops. In-game 2 we were up 20 and they tied the game and they even took the lead toward the end (I think we had 50%+ shooting from three that night so absolutely nothing sustainable there).

Suns stats on the other hand. Nothing special. 40% from 3 for Suns, Clippers 42% from three. Other stat lines nothing pops out to tell me these cant be repeated. As I said more balance and maturity.

I am "taking my shirt off" and stand by what I said.

The suns? They have all the wcf appearances. The suns gm assembled a team with more championship pedigree than any team in history.
Craig, ayton, bridges, booker, Paul, saric, I mean all those guys need more fingers on their hands to accommodate all the championships they have won. Every team should probably just forfeit and give the suns the title right now.

You're not even counting Frank Kaminsky, Torrey Craig and Cam Payne, who were all basically cast-offs.

lmao no one is calling the Suns a championship franchise.

They're just much better coached than the Jazz and likely that coaching is going to be the reason they win this series. Unlike Utah, who led 2-0 and lost four straight, including by blowing a 25 point lead in game six. There's nothing Phoenix has done at any point in this year's playoff that comes close to that choke.
And after 2 games against the clippers there was nothing the jazz had done at that point in this years playoff that came close to that choke.
Just saying, dont count your chickens before they hatch.

This is what I think. Games 3 & 4 will be more revealing of who is the better team. I think Phoenix will do much better than the Jazz though.
Hard to do much worse lol.

Zubac played 14 min the last 2 games against us, Cousins didn't play at all the last 4 games. They combined for 31 min tonight.
And neither one of them were a + in plus minus. Meanwhile 4 of their 5 starter were a plus.

Zubac played 14 min the last 2 games against us, Cousins didn't play at all the last 4 games. They combined for 31 min tonight.
Lue's insistence on reverting back to what doesn't work for the start of every series makes me wonder if he just wants to be praised for 0-2 comebacks.

Agreed. Lue has impressed.
First adjustment I think he should make? Don't play cousins.

The Suns have better wing defenders than Utah, and have 2 elite PnR ball handlers with Booker and CP3. Their offense is much more balanced than Utah's is IMO.

The Clippers made 20 (!!!!!!) 3s today and lost by 6, with CP3 not playing.

Now the Clippers have Morris hurting, and no Kawhi.

I don't think the Clippers are going to be able to come back from a 2-0 deficit against this Phoenix team (with a healthy CP3 of course). Game 2 for the Clippers is crucial.

I just saw more balance and poise. No silly runs by after they got up 5-10 points. They just kept their poise and finished them off. Both our wins were just weird. There had to be some herculean effort by Mitchel to get us on the tops. In-game 2 we were up 20 and they tied the game and they even took the lead toward the end (I think we had 50%+ shooting from three that night so absolutely nothing sustainable there).

Suns stats on the other hand. Nothing special. 40% from 3 for Suns, Clippers 42% from three. Other stat lines nothing pops out to tell me these cant be repeated. As I said more balance and maturity.

I am "taking my shirt off" and stand by what I said.
I mean 55% from the field for the suns (clippers were 45%) is pretty hard to duplicate. Suns shooting 100% from the line probably doesn't happen again this series. Suns only having 7 turnovers in a high scoring playoff game probably isn't the norm.

Looks like for the season the suns averaged 49% from the field (55% today), 37.8% from 3 (42.6% today), 83.4% from the line (100% today) and 12.5 turnovers (7) today.

So they weren't THAT far above their norm. Also they are peaking during the playoffs so their "norm" might actually be better than the season stats, though the season stats include games against teams like houston and okc and charlotte etc etc.

Last edited:
I mean 55% from the field for the suns (clippers were 45%) is pretty hard to duplicate. Suns shooting 100% from the line probably doesn't happen again this series. Suns only having 7 turnovers in a high scoring playoff game probably isn't the norm.
Suns had the best Assist-to-Turnover ratio in the NBA of any team in the last 25 years and only had 7 turnovers with CP3 not playing (that is crazy).

They were also top 3 in the NBA in FG % on offense.

And they are #2 in the NBA in FT shooting.