What's new

NON-JAZZ NBA PLAYOFF thread

Great effort by both teams. I’d like to know the ratings for this series now. Game 5 could be lit.

The refs were unbelievable tonight. That might’ve been the worst officiated game of the playoffs. Booker should’ve fouled out twice. His tackle of holiday was a HOF missed call.

That no call on Booker was brutal.

I honestly dont notice the officiating as much on games that arent Jazz games. The no-call for #6 was obviously terrible, but other than that it felt even. Booker also had kind of a touch foul for his 5th foul that sat him out significant amount of time.

For the record, the jazz lowest scoring game in the 2021 playoffs was 104 points. (and they were missing their second best offensive player for much of the playoffs. Including the game when they scored 104. When conley played the jazz averaged 123 points per game)
The suns have scored less than 104 points in 8 games in these playoffs (and also scored exactly 104 once)
Suns have scoring games in these playoffs of 99, 102, 95, 100, 92, 84, 102, 100, 103, and 104.

Monty really shouldn't have pulled Booker with 5 fouls.

If only he knew that him taking a 6th foul was literally impossible.
I think Booker actually cost his team the game with his 5th foul. It was a silly emotional play, and it came after he complained to the refs after they missed an OOB call on PJ Tucker, which they called on Booker.

I think last night was the first time the Suns have really collapsed mentally this season. Game 5 for them as a very, very young team will be telling.

All things considered, I still feel the Suns are a little better than Milwaukee, but I don't see anyway this series doesn't end in 7.

Now... if Chris Paul doesn't figure himself out soon, AND the NBA assigns Scott Foster to Game 5, night night Suns. They will get blown out at home, and they will get closed out in 6.

Jazz really need to add value wherever they can. Finding a new Royce, Ingles would alleviate so many of the problems.

So this Finals sure became interesting. Who would’ve guess that Bud would be “dog walking” anybody? Now the Bucks are one game away… this play was epic. The “wow” factor for me was close to Lebron’s block on AI:

What a dirty *** play from Paul by the way. Dude straight shoved him in the air. If Giannis doesn’t catch himself on the rim it could be been really bad.
To be fair though, Giannis did the exact same thing to Booker earlier in the game, and Booker got ticked off.

I don't think CP3 intended to hurt Giannis there, he was trying to do everything he could to prevent him from making the dunk (seems foolish lol). But CP3 does have a reputation for being dirty, so who knows what he was thinking.

For the record, the jazz lowest scoring game in the 2021 playoffs was 104 points. (and they were missing their second best offensive player for much of the playoffs. Including the game when they scored 104. When conley played the jazz averaged 123 points per game)
The suns have scored less than 104 points in 8 games in these playoffs (and also scored exactly 104 once)
Suns have scoring games in these playoffs of 99, 102, 95, 100, 92, 84, 102, 100, 103, and 104.
And another one.
Suns score under 100 points again tonight.

Jazz went undefeated in these playoffs when healthy.
Turns out that health was the most important factor. Suns and bucks were the healthiest teams in the playoffs.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
Torrey Craig was close to finals MVP. If only he could have played more than 1 minute tonight.

Should have put him on Giannis.

The suns had the perfect roster put together.
That or every team they faced was missing an all star except for the team that they lost to.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Also, this Finals showed that the playoffs is all about matchups. Phoenix had no backup bigs to guard Giannis. They had no jumbo lineups they could play. They only have two reliable playmakers, so an elite POA defender like Jrue can have a huge impact on the series.

Also, this Finals showed that the playoffs is all about matchups. Phoenix had no backup bigs to guard Giannis. They had no jumbo lineups they could play. They only have two reliable playmakers, so an elite POA defender like Jrue can have a huge impact on the series.
The Saric injury really hurt them. He wouldn't have made a difference guarding Giannis, but he does shoot 3s, and is a much more capable passer offensively than Ayton.

He would've helped them on the boards too.

Ayton looked literally spent after the 1st Q tonight.

Hats off to the Suns though. They fought their tails off tonight despite being destroyed physically. They could've mailed it in after going down by 13, but they didn't. Nothing but respect to that team.