What's new

Not saying we should but would you trade Alec Burks for...

Keefe

Gallinari this off-season? It's not within the 125% but I don't think it has to be because we'd have the cap room.

The Clips do it because they already want to rid themselves of his always injured butt. Build around Lou, Harris, Jordan and hopefully Beverley.

We do it for a scary stretch 4 option and because we can hide defensive flaws with defensive studs around him AND he'd only have two years left on his deal.

No. Way too many injury issues for me to risk tying up that much money on him.

Still think that a Burks for Faried for Carroll swap is the right move to pursue. Kick in a couple of future 2nd round picks if you have to.

Looking at our current roster, I’d love to see what we’d look like if we swapped Burks and Stockton for Carroll and Belinelli.

Gobert - Favors - Crowder - Carroll - Jingles - Mitchell - Belinelli - Rubio - Exum and maybe some minutes from Jerebko/O’Neale

Pass on Gallo. Only Clippers guy I’d take is Beverley.

Gallo a better scorer, but he doesn’t give you anything at the four position that’s really “four” (no rebounding or defense). He also probably plays 41 games or less.

we'd be lucky to get this

kAVnAFe.png

Didn't realize Burks had another year on his contract. The Jazz need to find a way to unload more for his sake than the Jazz because the guy has completely lost his confidence. He needs a new start. But are there any takers out there? Maybe just buyout of his contract? Or is he worth being the tenth or eleventh man on the bench? It's sad for him that a guy like Royce who has nowhere near the athletic ability of Alec has completely taken over his spot on the team.

Gallinari this off-season? It's not within the 125% but I don't think it has to be because we'd have the cap room.

The Clips do it because they already want to rid themselves of his always injured butt. Build around Lou, Harris, Jordan and hopefully Beverley.

We do it for a scary stretch 4 option and because we can hide defensive flaws with defensive studs around him AND he'd only have two years left on his deal.

****s wrong whichoo troll? Gallo ain't no damn 3 point threat. FFS. We gots Tha Jerebko playin mo betta both sides tha ball. We gots us Jingles, Jae, Thabo... why the hell you wanna add 22 mill for two more seasons for a nobody? Is ya havin a concussion?

Sum the ******** people come up wit.

Jazz need to find a way to offload Burks without taking back long-term money.

Options are limited. . . but there are some.

Any of DeMarre Carroll, Nikola Mirotic, Kenneth Faried, Tobias Harris and/or Patrick Beverley would all be the most productive options available.

Other guys with manageable expiring contracts are Jeremy Lin, Robin Lopez, Bojan Bogdnovic, Nikola Vucevic, Boban Marjanovic, Alex Abrines and Boom Bitches.

I’m sure that there’s some team out there that thinks they can get more out of Burks than the Jazz have.

Players the jazz maybe could get for AB:

A permanently broken Mike Conley
Hassan Whiteside (24 Million, 2yrs)
Chandler Parsons (24 million, 2yrs) forever injured
Nic Batum (24 million 3 years)
Dano Gallinari (22 mill, 2yrs)
The player formerly known as Serge Ibaka (22 mil, 2yrs)
Luol Deng (18 mil, 2yrs)
Ian Mahinmi 16 mil, 2yrs)
Timothy Mozgof (16 mill, 2yrs)
Gorgui Dieng (16 mill, 3yrs)
Mason Plumlee
JR Smith
Brandon Knight
Marvin Williams
Mike Kidd-Gilcrst
Omer Asik
Jon Leuer
Meyers Leonard
Matthew Delladova

Any of DeMarre Carroll, Nikola Mirotic, Kenneth Faried, Tobias Harris and/or Patrick Beverley would all be the most productive options available.

Other guys with manageable expiring contracts are Jeremy Lin, Robin Lopez, Bojan Bogdnovic, Nikola Vucevic, Boban Marjanovic, Alex Abrines and Boom Bitches.

I’m sure that there’s some team out there that thinks they can get more out of Burks than the Jazz have.

I wouldn't consider any of those outside of Costus Kantus cause it frees up money. Throw in a 2nd an 3 mill cash.

Nicola might rebound in a different system but we aren't the right fit.

I don't mind the thinking and Gallo is a good buy low target if you got a first round pick for taking on the salary, but the 22.6 M in 2019 is too much.

I don't mind taking on long term salary if we can keep Dante and still have about $30-35M in cap space. It depends on what we want to do with Ricky that year.

While I do think we need to have flexibility for the 2019 FA class I don't have pipe dreams of a top tier FA coming here. We may get a Khris Middleton type but don't think Klay or Kwahi are walking through that door. If something good came sooner we shouldn't be afraid to pull the trigger even if it has long term salary.

I think the Other Guys list is a realistic expectation... just need something that can contribute. I'll add Marcin Gortat, Jared Dudley, to that list. We either have to take a little more salary or add a second as a sweetener, but it would be nice to get something we could actually use and help Burks find a new home.

If the Bulls draft a center they might do a Lopez for AB deal, but they have a lot of guards already.

I wonder if we could do a Faried, Hernangomez for AB/Udoh swap. Send them a 2019 second rounder. Cuts their salary by $4M if they don't pick up Udoh's option. They might waive and stretch Faried, but subbing in AB and stretching him lowers the cap hit and overall payout. They likely do something to avoid the tax next year.