What's new

Game Thread Nov 06, 2022 08:00PM MT: Jazz at Clippers

Added to Calendar: 11-06-22

I wouldnt say the Raptors are the Jazz's krypotnite.

Our Kryptonite is going to be any team with elite wings who thrive off size mismatches. We saw Marcus Morris just utterly crush us in the post w/ mismatch basketball. We got kind of lucky he was incredibly cold from 3.

Our best lineups right now are involving two of Conley/Sexton on the court and that's just rough defensively, especially when you are also playing a guy like KO out there. It's a credit to how hard the Jazz play that we are as good defensively as we are, but we can still get exposed unless we want to play THT more (and that can be rough if teams sag off him like they did tonight)
And, MM got incredibly lucky Vandy wasn't there to shut his *** down.

I know that some of you guys are struggling with the idea of “losing” out on a 14% shot at Wemby but we are just so damn lucky to land on our feet and be winning after selling off four starters. Would anybody really rather be a turnstile team like Houston, Detroit and OKC with protracted losing for the next four or five years?
+1, i'm glad DA say he was not going for a long rebuild and he did it. If we maintain this all season, we wil move from seller to buyer.

I feel like Markkanen could have taken Morris or Batum anytime he wanted. I guess Sexton getting on top of the rim again and again did the trick though.

I feel like Markkanen could have taken Morris or Batum anytime he wanted. I guess Sexton getting on top of the rim again and again did the trick though.
They were playing the bigs super tight on the perimeter so the cuts and center of the paint was always open. Sexton did a great job finding seams and his finishing/foul drawing was great.

The real problem with Vanderbilt being out is that Gay got extended minutes.
The bright side is that if he continues playing like this he will get benched eventually. I can respect that you may have to take this approach with Gay. Make him lose the minutes and not just preemptively take them.