What's new

Game Thread Nov 06, 2022 08:00PM MT: Jazz at Clippers

Added to Calendar: 11-06-22

Like I'm 100% sure looking at our jerseys the whole game gave PG a headache towards the end which is why he missed his 3's. Case closed, best jerseys ever.
That and I think Markkanen did an awesome job on him. His length obviously bothered PG more than any of our other defenders. Lauri keeps showing **** we never knew he could do. Who knew he could keep up with one of the best big wing scorers in the league on D while also being able to defend the rim, and hit the 3 and score with the ball in his hands and set good screens, and, damn at this point it is easier to point out what he cannot do. At this rate, Lauri will be some combo of Dirk and Hakeem, low-rent versions maybe, but a version of those guys combined is an MVP in the making. Very impressed with his effort last night. Especially for a 7-footer he has a hell of a motor. Love his game so much. MIP will be a given at this rate, and who know beyond that.

^ Coolest dude in jazz uniform for sure.
Also clips played well they just missed alot of 3s in the 4th. We also out rebounded them 42-32 without Vanderbilt. crazy
To be fair to the Jazz we gave them a lot fewer open looks at the 3 than we did earlier in the game. Hardy made some good adjustments and the team responded. Lot of those 3s were hurried and bothered, where in the first half we were playing 3-4 feet off PG and giving him practice shots. I am impressed with how we adjust in the game. Hardy knows his **** and the team responds.

This was a great win IMO. A real slugfest of a game. Not pretty at any point, but damn, these dudes came through again.

On paper, the Clips are a horrible match for the Jazz, particularly without Vanderbilt. A huge team of vets who know what they're doing and can keep their egos in check. When they play D with their big lineup, they really suck all the space from the court. That gave the Jazz some trouble and the usual ball movement dried up.

Lauri in particular had zero space all game. This was a game where we really needed the pressure our quick guards (Clarkson, Sexton) can put on the basket.

I know a guy who has season tickets for both. He said on days like this they kick them out and then they have to come back in again. Unless they are in the same suite or, obviously, have enough money then they put them up in a buffet room for the transition. He's watched the transition a few times and said it's pretty cool to see how fast they can change the floor and everything.
It’s like that quick change people that do halftime shows

This was a great win IMO. A real slugfest of a game. Not pretty at any point, but damn, these dudes came through again.

On paper, the Clips are a horrible match for the Jazz, particularly without Vanderbilt. A huge team of vets who know what they're doing and can keep their egos in check. When they play D with their big lineup, they really suck all the space from the court. That gave the Jazz some trouble and the usual ball movement dried up.

Lauri in particular had zero space all game. This was a game where we really needed the pressure our quick guards (Clarkson, Sexton) can put on the basket.
Impressive breakdown and assessment!

That and I think Markkanen did an awesome job on him.
Agreed. He was solid when he was on PG most of the night, and had some spectacular defensive possessions where he really moved his feet like I had no idea he could do. Great close-out, then manage to stay in front when PG13 pump-faked and tried to drive. Extremely impressive.