What's new

Game Thread Nov 12, 2022 04:00PM MT: Jazz at Wizards

Added to Calendar: 11-12-22

I don't think Sexton or Vando got injured...none of the Jazz beat writers have said anything about either of them getting injured, and I can't find anything on twitter about them getting injured. Hardy just didn't play Vando as many minutes as usual, and Sexton was right on his season average for minutes.
Coach must’ve been looking ahead to tomorrow I guess, cause both guys playing well.

They packed the paint on Vando's touches. Now, if we get Kuz would could bring Vando off the bench. Did you know Kuz was guarding Luka Doncic down the stretch when the Wiz beat the Mavs. He has become a complete two way player. Danny that is your target!!!
Okay we get it you want Kuz.

Last year the Wizards started 10-3 before finishing the year at 35-47 (getting the 10th pick, with what has so far been even a bigger disappointment than Agbaji for us, in Johnny Davis).

An omen for us from the same team it happened to last year? :eek:

Last year the Wizards started 10-3 before finishing the year at 35-47 (getting the 10th pick, with what has so far been even a bigger disappointment than Agbaji for us, in Johnny Davis).

An omen for us from the same team it happened to last year? :eek:
Now do all the other teams that started 10-3 over the history of the league.

It's hard to win games when you can't throw it in the ocean.
We actually shot the rock reasonably well it’s just that they shot it better. They shot 50% overall and over 40% from three. We just made some questionable shooting decisions down the stretch and missed when it counted most.

Now do all the other teams that started 10-3 over the history of the league.
All in fun.

(But the better comparison if we were to be serious about any of this stuff is all the teams expected to be bad/mediocre that started 10-3.)

I don't think Sexton or Vando got injured...none of the Jazz beat writers have said anything about either of them getting injured, and I can't find anything on twitter about them getting injured. Hardy just didn't play Vando as many minutes as usual, and Sexton was right on his season average for minutes.
The wizards announcers mentioned that both of them went to the locker room when they left the game rather than to their seats on the bench.
Thanks for trying to find some info for us though.

My guess is that since we were playing from behind Hardy wanted more shooters on the court to open up the offense.
Well that was a mistake because what killed us was not being able to stop them. Vando could have helped in that regard if he was in fact available. (I dont think he was available. He never plays that low of minutes unless due to foul trouble.)

We didn’t have it tonight. Shooting luck caught up with is… dumb turnovers… ball watching on defense… KO tipped a ball in for the Wiz for hells sake. That Kispert three that hit front rim and bounced in was the final straw that told me that it wasn’t our night. On to the next one.

Remember when a bunch of us were using +/- stats to argue that THT was terrible?

Well now, after 14 games, with a bigger sample size, you know who the worst +/- player for the Jazz is?:

Jarred Vanderbilt (and Rudy Gay is somehow second best in total +/- and tops in per possession +/-; and THT has moved into the top 5 per possession among rotation players).

(still way too small sample size to really say anything much; +/- stats are only sometimes valuable over even a whole season)

Remember when a bunch of us were using +/- stats to argue that THT was terrible?

Well now, after 14 games, with a bigger sample size, you know who the worst +/- player for the Jazz is?:

Jarred Vanderbilt (and Rudy Gay is somehow second best in total +/- and tops in per possession +/-; and THT has moved into the top 5 per possession among rotation players).

(still way too small sample size to really say anything much; +/- stats are only sometimes valuable over even a whole season)
Garbage stat for individual players, unless anybody wants to argue that Rudy Gay is having a great season.