What's new

Game Thread Nov 15, 2022 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs Knicks

Added to Calendar: 11-15-22

Not sure if it was mentioned... But Boler had a low key dumb *** comment. Its 6 minutes into the third quarter and he says how "the bench has been quiet in the second half so far and they will need more from them" and I just laughed... yeah no **** Boler... the subs haven't checked in yet. I get they have time to fill but he's so bad.

But Hardy never should have had to use it there. It was so ridiculous they called Olynyk, WHO HAD THE LEVERAGE, for that armwrestle.
That call was bad... and you can see the ref change his mind on the foul right after the whistle... he was totally calling that on Hartenstein and saw the end reaction from him and was like... well lets go the other way... refs guess.

That call was bad... and you can see the ref change his mind on the foul right after the whistle... he was totally calling that on Hartenstein and saw the end reaction from him and was like... well lets go the other way... refs guess.
It made 0 sense also. Like if you have leverage, you can legally put your arm to box out. Why would you armwrestle with leverage?

But just like with those two offensive fouls on Markkanen, the refs were lost.

You can only use one per game and Hardy used it on the Olynyk foul call which he won.
He used that after the play I mentioned. The olynyk foul was subjective and could have gone either way. The play I was speaking of was a guaranteed victory of the challenge used and guaranteed possession of the ball for the jazz (no jump ball).

I am not saying he made a bad decision to use the challenge for the olynyk foul. Im saying he made a bad decision not using it on the play im referring to.

He used that after the play I mentioned. The olynyk foul was subjective and could have gone either way. The play I was speaking of was a guaranteed victory of the challenge used and guaranteed possession of the ball for the jazz (no jump ball).

I am not saying he made a bad decision to use the challenge for the olynyk foul. Im saying he made a bad decision not using it on the play im referring to.

What time in the game did this happen I don’t recall a three getting made after it but I could be wrong. Also, the Olynyk foul was not subjective at all.

If Lauri isn't the focal point he gets lost in the offense because he isn't geared toward being a spot shooter. We need to run more plays for him, or start moving the ball through him like we did Gobert at times in previous years. He can almost fill a Jokic kind of role for us, but we need the schemes to initiate that. He will gain confidence and get better at it, but we have to run those plays. Without that we will continue to see ****** guard play and a non-existent Lauri. Not a good thing for us, unless we are embracing the tank, in which case, FLAME OFF FLAMETHROWER, FLAME OFF!!!
I think it's clear that lauri isn't our go to guy. And lauri I think isn't one maybe later on well see. But also maybe hardy doesn't want this kind of system. A system that goes to 1 guy. He want to spread the offense which is good btw. open guy takes the shot. If I'm hardy I'll feed lauri in the post and not just run around tru screens. He's got tools to create contact he will feast on Free throws.

Shooting is the main issue at that stage. We can't win anything with guard shooting so bad. Passing from Mike, THT, is correct but we need to hit some shoot. And involve Lauri much more. As long as JC shoot so much we wwill have some good night... and a lot of bad night.
I think they should also sit Mike at least a week. He is clearly tired and don't play well at all. His passing is okay but the rest is clearly not ( shooting, set up the tempo...). Time to see wht Colin, THT or Beasley might do as a starter.

Does the fact that New York just scored another win in Denver on the back end of a back to back make anybody feel better about this team? It's not like what's happening now with win streaks followed by losing streaks is something new for us. I don't recall anybody pulling the tank card after a three loss skid last year.

Pulling up the schedule for last season I see that we were only one game better at this juncture at 10-5 which later became 11-6, that strarship though that did pave the way for our draft future as well as the players for this year's campaign did suffer five game skids three times last season.

Last edited:
Knicks play better recently, no doubt. But Denver was without MVP Jokic, it helps.....and they have a bad night shooting specially Porter Jr ( 1/8). The main point for me is our shooting issue. When we shoot well again, we will bounce, hopefully against Suns. Suns are the best team at West obviously, will be a tough test.

Does the fact that New York just scored another win in Denver on the back end of a back to back make anybody feel better about this team? It's not like what's happening now with win streaks followed by losing streaks is something new for us. I don't recall anybody pulling the tank card after a three loss skid last year.

Pulling up the schedule for last season I see that we were only one game better at this juncture at 10-5 which later became 11-6, that strarship though that did pave the way for our draft future as well as the players for this year's campaign did suffer five game skids three times last season.
Some people are just expecting us to fall from a cliff, so whenever we lose they be like: "yep, thats the cliff".

All of our last 3 losses were competitive and close calls. I think we had a 4th quarter lead in all 3, didnt we?

We will get back to winning. Just need to get the ball to our best/hottest players to close out games instead of JC trying to do it every game.

Knicks play better recently, no doubt. But Denver was without MVP Jokic, it helps.....and they have a bad night shooting specially Porter Jr ( 1/8). The main point for me is our shooting issue. When we shoot well again, we will bounce, hopefully against Suns. Suns are the best team at West obviously, will be a tough test.
I mean it’s the NBA and guys are in and out every game. DeAndre Jordan is a former AllStar himself. And regarding poor shooting, pretty sure the Knicks active defense had a lot to do with that. The Knicks had to come back to do it - on a 20-7 run to close it out.