What's new

Game Thread Nov 15, 2022 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs Knicks

Added to Calendar: 11-15-22

Why the **** didnt hardy challenge that play where a jazz wing (beasley or clarkson i think) played great defense and stripped the ball from a knick player and the refs said the ball went off the jazz but the replay was extremely obvious it went off the knicks.
No challenge happened, knicks hit a 3.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Why the **** didnt hardy challenge that play where a jazz wing (beasley or clarkson i think) played great defense and stripped the ball from a knick player and the refs said the ball went off the jazz but the replay was extremely obvious it went off the knicks.

For some reason Jazz coaches don't use challenges. I don't get it. I wonder if they have been told they will be judged worse if they use a challenge every game or something. It is mind-boggling. I would use mine every single game, even if we were up by 30 in the 4th quarter, just to keep the refs honest. Unless of course the whole issue is an under-the-table understanding that the refs will swing the game against you if you use your challenges too much. Seems shady AF tbpmfhwymf.

For some reason Jazz coaches don't use challenges. I don't get it. I wonder if they have been told they will be judged worse if they use a challenge every game or something. It is mind-boggling. I would use mine every single game, even if we were up by 30 in the 4th quarter, just to keep the refs honest. Unless of course the whole issue is an under-the-table understanding that the refs will swing the game against you if you use your challenges too much. Seems shady AF tbpmfhwymf.

You can only use one per game and Hardy used it on the Olynyk foul call which he won.

I never said he could BE Jokic, but rather fill a similar role in the offense, as in we move the ball through Lauri, even with hand-offs, so he gets more touches. His passing will improve, watching the Euro-league stuff he did well in all facets when he was the focal point. But he got a ton of touches and generally did good things with it. He needs that chance here too.

We did that earlier this season and Lauri did well. I wonder whats the issue we do not run those now. I saw few posts in Twitter where someone were liking how we could run half-court ball handling with Lauri. Now he goes again giving those inbound passes under our basket, and... Then runs to the corner. I guess this is all planned. I read someone talking Hardy had said he will use Lauri in different offensive and defensive situations for develomental purposes etc. I hope this stage will pass soon bc this makes no sense. His overall involvement and aggressiveness in both ends dips down when touches getting fewer.

Last edited:
Not sure if it was mentioned... But Boler had a low key dumb *** comment. Its 6 minutes into the third quarter and he says how "the bench has been quiet in the second half so far and they will need more from them" and I just laughed... yeah no **** Boler... the subs haven't checked in yet. I get they have time to fill but he's so bad.

But Hardy never should have had to use it there. It was so ridiculous they called Olynyk, WHO HAD THE LEVERAGE, for that armwrestle.
That call was bad... and you can see the ref change his mind on the foul right after the whistle... he was totally calling that on Hartenstein and saw the end reaction from him and was like... well lets go the other way... refs guess.

That call was bad... and you can see the ref change his mind on the foul right after the whistle... he was totally calling that on Hartenstein and saw the end reaction from him and was like... well lets go the other way... refs guess.
It made 0 sense also. Like if you have leverage, you can legally put your arm to box out. Why would you armwrestle with leverage?

But just like with those two offensive fouls on Markkanen, the refs were lost.

You can only use one per game and Hardy used it on the Olynyk foul call which he won.
He used that after the play I mentioned. The olynyk foul was subjective and could have gone either way. The play I was speaking of was a guaranteed victory of the challenge used and guaranteed possession of the ball for the jazz (no jump ball).

I am not saying he made a bad decision to use the challenge for the olynyk foul. Im saying he made a bad decision not using it on the play im referring to.

He used that after the play I mentioned. The olynyk foul was subjective and could have gone either way. The play I was speaking of was a guaranteed victory of the challenge used and guaranteed possession of the ball for the jazz (no jump ball).

I am not saying he made a bad decision to use the challenge for the olynyk foul. Im saying he made a bad decision not using it on the play im referring to.

What time in the game did this happen I don’t recall a three getting made after it but I could be wrong. Also, the Olynyk foul was not subjective at all.