What's new

Game Thread Nov 18, 2022 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Suns

Added to Calendar: 11-18-22

When he's aggressive he typically gets calls. He isnt always aggressive. His 4 per game is a fair number for him.
Eh, I feel like he is more aggressive and plays inside more than kristaps porzingas who gets to the line more than lauri.

Yep. They are in pretty much every game. I think the denver game was the only one that was over when there was like 5 minutes to go still.
Yeah after last year I’m honestly not accustomed to expecting a win in a close game. Not sure if that’s the reason but these nail biters this year are exciting as ****!

Markkanen - 38 points (15/18 from field) and 6 rebounds

Conley - 13 points and 10 assists

Beasley - 27 points (7/13 from 3)

Clarkson - 20 points (8/16 from field)

Sexton - 13 points (5/10 from field)

Vanderbilt - 6 points, 10 rebounds, 8 assists

Im surprised sexton was that efficient. Didn't seem like it as I watched the game. Good to know.

Dang looking at the box score and see booker was even better than i realized.
Over 50% from the field, 15-15 from the line, 10 rebounds, 8 assists, 49 points and only 1 turnover?! that is quite a game.

I thought he would play. The Suns are still a good team, but not as good without him.

I'm not sure what you mean by locked in though. They are only 4-4 this month including a loss to the Magic.

It will still be a good win if we can pull it off. If we lose, especially lose big, it will be a good reality check.
They looked great against the Warriors.

We have a kingdom's worth of assets to improve the roster with.

This isn't a treadmill situation.
Ya I edited one of my earlier posts to say this:
Good news is they have SO MANY picks that the odds of one of them being an all star is pretty high. I would guess that more than one of our picks we acquired recently becomes an all star.
Or we could use some of the picks to acquire a star via trade. Things look good for the jazz franchise. Its not a bad thing to have a really good young cheap team with an amazing coach lots of draft picks and financial flexibility. This is a good thing.

No reason to have a sky is falling attitude about the jazz cause they are the number 1 team in west with lots of draft picks, a coach of the year candidate, an executive of the year candidate, and tons of financial flexibility. This is a great situation to be in. Other teams fan and front offices are probably quite envious.

Ya I edited one of my earlier posts to say this:
Good news is they have SO MANY picks that the odds of one of them being an all star is pretty high. I would guess that more than one of our picks we acquired recently becomes an all star.
Or we could use some of the picks to acquire a star via trade. Things look good for the jazz franchise. Its not a bad thing to have a really good young cheap team with an amazing coach lots of draft picks and financial flexibility. This is a good thing.

No reason to have a sky is falling attitude about the jazz cause they are the number 1 team in west with lots of draft picks, a coach of the year candidate, an executive of the year candidate, and tons of financial flexibility. This is a great situation to be in. Other teams fan and front offices are probably quite envious.

Yeah, there are so many teams who have been bad for years and have multiple top-10 picks who still suck. We trade four starters and two all-stars yet still are better than them and have way more assets than them. It sucks to suck. Plus we ended up with another all-star out of the deal too.

Vanderbilt's energy was huge tonight. I thought it kept the team and the crowd involved.