What's new

Game Thread Nov 19, 2022 08:00PM MT: Jazz at Trail Blazers

Added to Calendar: 11-19-22

i hope conley is ok, but the fact they need more imaging sounds concerning because usually they can evaluate damage much quicker if its a sprain.

Clarkson turned God mode on.

This team is better than last year. Change my mind!
I feel bad for Rudy. Fans here would bitch at him for not being able to defend a streaking Clarkson/Sexton/Conley coming down the paint AND getting out to defend a Lauri 3 on the wing AND stop a Kelly Rex 3 from the corner at the same time.

Yeah, every team blows leads.

The critical thing is that this team doesn't melt down after they blow a lead. They punch back.

I really do think the ultimate problem with last year's team wasn't the blown leads - it was the total meltdowns following said blown leads.
Lets face it. It was simply the 4th quarter play and especially the last 5 minutes or so. You pointed this out many times last year
this team is the opposite of that so far. I dont know if they can sustain it but every game I get more confident that they can.

i hope conley is ok, but the fact they need more imaging sounds concerning because usually they can evaluate damage much quicker if its a sprain.

Disagree. Not sure what access they have to imaging but presumably would have the best of the best being a billion or trillion dollar industry. So presumably would have an X ray first which likely should nothing like most X rays and would be having an MRI to confirm no damage. Otherwise if they only had an MRI then the results of that take longer to come through, as well as taking longer to an MRI opposed to an X ray.

I know but we haven’t put a team to sleep yet. We were up 19 with dame gone; gotta go night night for them there
I think we did put the nuggets to sleep in that win but ya, I feel ya.

Big praise for THT from coach.
He deserves it. His bad plays often look very bad and stick in your mind but he counteracts those with many good things he does. If he can hone his offensive game a bit and get it under control then he could be really good and could take conleys place adequately if conley has to miss time.

I’m hoping it’s just bruising for Conley. Looks like he jumped bumped knees. Hoping for the best.

Disagree. Not sure what access they have to imaging but presumably would have the best of the best being a billion or trillion dollar industry. So presumably would have an X ray first which likely should nothing like most X rays and would be having an MRI to confirm no damage. Otherwise if they only had an MRI then the results of that take longer to come through, as well as taking longer to an MRI opposed to an X ray.

A blown ACL is easy to diagnose so it shouldn't be that.

@Clippers
I honestly think we win that one too. The phoenix game I felt like our shooting would come back and being at home would propel us to the win. Tonight I just had this feeling that Dame would be an inefficient chucker for some reason and that would be why we would win. (I was off on my sexton for 20 points prediction though)
Against the clippers I think PG13 will have an off night for some reason as well (he has been really really good of late) and cause **** reggie jackson.

JC giveth and he taketh away, but he was transcendent the last few minutes of the game. I'm glad coach trusted him more than I did. I'd have subbed Beasley in for him halfway through the fourth.

Utes score to tie the game.
Utes doing what they do seemingly each season. Get off to a slow start with some bad losses (san diego state and BYU last year. Florida this year) and then figuring it out and becoming one of the elite teams in the country at the end.
Plus they own the ducks. I expect a win (this is coming from a BYU fan btw)

Utes score to tie the game.
Finally happy to see the offense come alive. I turned it off after that boring 1st half. Way too conservative play calling and way too many missed opportunities. Ludwig calling a run in 3rd and 6 was just so boneheaded.