What's new

Game Thread Nov 19, 2022 08:00PM MT: Jazz at Trail Blazers

Added to Calendar: 11-19-22

JC really bailed us out in the 4th. We gave up that big lead in the 4th and couldn't get anything going offensively, then Clarkson just carried us to the win.

Beasley has been playing out of his mind for awhile now. I'm not sure how long he can keep this up, but he has been super impressive.

Fontecchio is not very noticeable on the court in a good way. He's keeping the ball moving, not getting lost on defense, getting rebounds, and hitting shots when he's open. We have enough guys that do crazy things on the court, it's nice to have another guy that is just under control.

What are we doing playing Mike in this game? We kept playing with fire and it burnt us, just really predictable stuff. Hopefully he's not out for too long.
I agree with that. I'm a bit angry with the decision to make him play after a tough game against Suns. Not a smart decision from coach. Hope it's not a long injury as he may hurt us a lot.

Such a bummer with Conley's injury. Takes away the joy from those two fantastic games. Hopefully it's not super serious. He's been crucial for us this season.

This view might not be popular after 2 awesome wins but I gotta be honest.. as impressive as JC looked this 4th quarter triggered my PTSD. Live and die by guard driving and taking step back 3s.

I dread Lauri is not gonna be involved much as long as Conley is out, and not tapping into his potential might be the most destructive thing we can do for this season and going forward as well.

I really just love every player on this team (except for Gay).

I dont, and never have, like KO.
He is pretty good though. Just annoys the hell out of me and has too many weaknesses despite his very strong strengths. Would love to trade him for a first. He would be first on my list to trade.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

He succeeded this time with his hero ball, nobody else barely touched the ball in last 5 minutes. Including Lauri.

But this is a horrible way to play always.

Now that Conley is out we will see JC&Sexton selfish dribbling over and over again.

Good luck Lauri getting even those 10 shots and&or passed the ball to at all.

Hero ball isnt always bad. It hero ball when the shots being taken are bad that is bad.
I thought JC had good looks last night at the end. If he gets into the paint I want him shooting.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

JC really bailed us out in the 4th. We gave up that big lead in the 4th and couldn't get anything going offensively, then Clarkson just carried us to the win.

Beasley has been playing out of his mind for awhile now. I'm not sure how long he can keep this up, but he has been super impressive.

Fontecchio is not very noticeable on the court in a good way. He's keeping the ball moving, not getting lost on defense, getting rebounds, and hitting shots when he's open. We have enough guys that do crazy things on the court, it's nice to have another guy that is just under control.
Is JC a better crunch time performer than Mitchell? He just knows how to create high % shots. That drive into the paint into a nice five foot turnaround was beautiful and a highly makable shot. Mitchell doesn’t do that. He usually goes balls to the wall and is forced to hit an unmakable shot with three guys in his ***!!!

Is JC a better crunch time performer than Mitchell? He just knows how to create high % shots. That drive into the paint into a nice five foot turnaround was beautiful and a highly makable shot. Mitchell doesn’t do that. He usually goes balls to the wall and is forced to hit an unmakable shot with three guys in his ***!!!
Gotta say, those long-*** arms on both Clarkson and THT are great for layups. When JC is on, he can drive right, keep the defender on his hip, and then just finish out of reach of everyone. THT does a bit of the same.

JC's clutch numbers are pretty incredible this year. I don't think he can keep it up, but the one advantage he has is he doesn't have to change his game much in the clutch. He kind of always plays the same way.

Yeah so when JC gets Eubanks switched onto him, he BETTER be aggressively trying to score, clutch time or not.

JC's clutch numbers are pretty incredible this year. I don't think he can keep it up, but the one advantage he has is he doesn't have to change his game much in the clutch. He kind of always plays the same way.
Also, he gets a lot of clutch minutes. We have clutch minutes ca every game.

I was just watching the highlights and noticed a curious thing at 2:02 left in 3rd quarter where Kessler pushed THT from behind. Apparently THT was crowding Kessler's space and THT should have been contesting the 3 that went in. Probably nothing meaningful but is just stood out as an odd sequence. It just didn't seem like a friendly push to me and THT was thrown off balance.

I was just watching the highlights and noticed a curious thing at 2:02 left in 3rd quarter where Kessler pushed THT from behind. Apparently THT was crowding Kessler's space and THT should have been contesting the 3 that went in. Probably nothing meaningful but is just stood out as an odd sequence. It just didn't seem like a friendly push to me and THT was thrown off balance.
THT tried to switch when he should not have, and Kessler tried to push him back into position, but it was already too late by that point.

Clearly the ref missed that call. :p