What's new

Game Thread Nov 19, 2022 08:00PM MT: Jazz at Trail Blazers

Added to Calendar: 11-19-22

Is JC a better crunch time performer than Mitchell? He just knows how to create high % shots. That drive into the paint into a nice five foot turnaround was beautiful and a highly makable shot. Mitchell doesn’t do that. He usually goes balls to the wall and is forced to hit an unmakable shot with three guys in his ***!!!
I kinda feel like we base a lot of our views on Mitchell’s “clutchiness” on his rookie season. He definitely was clutch then. Not sure he’s been very clutch since Murray and Denver in the bubble.

Is JC a better crunch time performer than Mitchell? He just knows how to create high % shots. That drive into the paint into a nice five foot turnaround was beautiful and a highly makable shot. Mitchell doesn’t do that. He usually goes balls to the wall and is forced to hit an unmakable shot with three guys in his ***!!!
Yes.

JC's clutch numbers are pretty incredible this year. I don't think he can keep it up, but the one advantage he has is he doesn't have to change his game much in the clutch. He kind of always plays the same way.
Another advantage is that teams are throwing a double on Lauri.

JC was 7-20 before he decided no one else needs to touch the ball in last few possessions.
JC also did not run the clock even we had the lead.
We won. But coach needs to address these issues. This is not sustainable. Beasley, Markkanen and Olynyk all been clutch as well... Two of then had shot well.

JC really bailed us out in the 4th. We gave up that big lead in the 4th and couldn't get anything going offensively, then Clarkson just carried us to the win.

Beasley has been playing out of his mind for awhile now. I'm not sure how long he can keep this up, but he has been super impressive.

Fontecchio is not very noticeable on the court in a good way. He's keeping the ball moving, not getting lost on defense, getting rebounds, and hitting shots when he's open. We have enough guys that do crazy things on the court, it's nice to have another guy that is just under control.
He's been a 20 ppg scorer in the past. Everyone's sleeping on the guy.

Is JC a better crunch time performer than Mitchell? He just knows how to create high % shots. That drive into the paint into a nice five foot turnaround was beautiful and a highly makable shot. Mitchell doesn’t do that. He usually goes balls to the wall and is forced to hit an unmakable shot with three guys in his *

Last year quin would pull him out with 3-4 mins left and insert a more clutch player in Royce.

On another note man those Blazers announcers are ****ing terrible. So many times they had to get on these dumb little rants or topics, completely ignoring what was going on in the game.
Their old announcers were better. I like Michael Holton, their radio guy. He does a pretty good job. Used to play in a rec league with him. Dude can still ball, just at a slower pace.