What's new

Game Thread Nov 23, 2022 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Pistons

Added to Calendar: 11-23-22

Man imagine if that jump ball would have been called a flagrant and we get 4 points on the possession. Probably win the game. Why couldn't the refs look to see if it was flagrant?
Yeah, I thought that was the last turning point. There were several throughout the game, but that was when I feel the game slipped out of reach.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using JazzFanz mobile app

Malik Beasley's presser, pointed out that the Jazz didn't have a freethrow until the 3rd quarter, then said "But yeah we definitely have to play better too".

lol

1. Pretty lousy toss up, definitely favored Detroit.
2. How does the entire crew miss the elbow?
3. How do you award the time out before possession?
4. How is the elbow not reviewable, that's a flagrant 1, if not 2.
5. How do you miss the foul on JCs 3?

Answer: Bill Kennedy

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using JazzFanz mobile app
I literally lost my signal as the jump ball was called… felt like @MeloTheJazzKiller

Honestly that was like mens rec league level of officiating… even if you allow the timeout… which you can’t cuz no one has the ball… you can still review for a hostile act. They botched everything surrounding a simple but crucial jump ball.

Honestly? We got outcoached tonight.

You can’t let a guy like Knox go off.
And you can’t go long stretches of the game without getting Lauri involved.

We wasted too many possessions committing dumb turnovers and letting non-scorers take shots away from our scorers. Time to get back to fundamentals:
1. Get the ball inside
2. Don’t settle for quick 3s
3. Get your best players shots
4. Hustle on defense and box out

Last edited:
And the shitficiating continues apace. It's been way worse the last few years. Wish we knew what the **** is going on.

Before I comment on the game I gotta ask....

In this version of reality, is Collin Sexton a bonafide All-NBA point guard and Lauri a random roster filling bum?

Not trolling, just gotta know which timeline I'm on.

Before I comment on the game I gotta ask....

In this version of reality, is Collin Sexton a bonafide All-NBA point guard and Lauri a random roster filling bum?

Not trolling, just gotta know which timeline I'm on.
Neither is the case. Collin is a solid young player and can learn and adjust. We are doing what is best for him and I think he knows it… I think he has a terrific attitude. Give him time and space. There will be many more ****** games but he’s learning.

Some of the disorganization is Mike not playing but man Lauri really should have been able to eat… get Bogey or Bagley on him and it should be BBQ chicken.

Bagley and Bogey are poor/terrible defenders but hardly guys that are BBQ chicken. Put them in a pick and roll or put them on island guarding a PG and they're beyond help but they're not easily backed down.

Neither is the case. Collin is a solid young player and can learn and adjust. We are doing what is best for him and I think he knows it… I think he has a terrific attitude. Give him time and space. There will be many more ****** games but he’s learning.
Good. Then I didnt shift between realities.

Honestly, the most infuriating game of the season. We came out flat and cocky. Didnt find any rhythm, and energy and effort wasnt there.

Positive was how Sexton played. And thats a huge positive. If he can play the point like this going forward, its gonna wotk great for us.

Lauri was off today, but what killed us was the collective defense. We were bad at contesting (usually we are better in this) and our inside defense was as bad as it has been the whole year. I cannot think of anything positive on defense except few flashes from Kessler at paint defense, but even he had some rough moments out there.

Also allowing 58 bench points is s joke, when you play all your key starters for 35+ minutes.

Bagley and Bogey are poor/terrible defenders but hardly guys that are BBQ chicken. Put them in a pick and roll or put them on island guarding a PG and they're beyond help but they're not easily backed down.
If Lauris an all star he should be able to comfortably cook them.

He had an off game. 2nd off game of the season (1st being the Rockets game). Gotta give him a pass, he has been our most consistent guy.
Yeah… he was shooting shots to start the game but none were like hard drives… just felt like we needed him to be more aggressive with Mike out. We didn’t seem to run anything with real purpose early. We went down early and that was the margin the entire game. Can’t start slow like that.

Some good tests this weekend… see if we can right the ship.

Yeah… he was shooting shots to start the game but none were like hard drives… just felt like we needed him to be more aggressive with Mike out. We didn’t seem to run anything with real purpose early. We went down early and that was the margin the entire game. Can’t start slow like that.

Some good tests this weekend… see if we can right the ship.
Lauri needs to set the tone for us. I don't know why he looked so passive today, especially in the first half. Like he didn't come in with the same attitude we have seen in many previous games.

He was better in the second half, but I felt it was too little too late. I'm the biggest stan of the guy but I still think he sucked and it was not on anyone else, including the guards or the coach. I will still give him a pass.

If Lauris an all star he should be able to comfortably cook them.

He should be able to shot over them and normally he would but he clearly didn't have his legs today with most of his shots hitting front rim but in terms of backing either of those guys down and getting deep position that isn't where they struggle on defense which is what you suggested originally.

He should be able to shot over them and normally he would but he clearly didn't have his legs today with most of his shots hitting front rim but in terms of backing either of those guys down and getting deep position that isn't where they struggle on defense which is what you suggested originally.
Not at all what I suggested… we needed to run some of our stuff where he dives from the elbow and cooks those guys as they navigate the puck and stay in good position… should be able to put those guys in positions where he shooting over them on drives… not just backing them down.