What's new
  • This thread contains opinions and information that likely IS NOT ACCURATE. Do your own research on such an important topic on a site other than JazzFanz.com, please.

Game Thread Nov 24, 2021 06:00PM MT: Jazz at Thunder

Added to Calendar: 11-24-21

tonstermits

I missed the game but it doesn't sound like its worth watching. Still waiting for the team from last season to show up because this season has been kind of a dud. The Jazz are playing like they are bored by the regular season and they are content just playing well enough to land a 3-5 seed. If they plan to coast early in the season I don't see any reason to not iron out a few things in preparation for the playoffs.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
I missed the game but it doesn't sound like its worth watching. Still waiting for the team from last season to show up because this season has been kind of a dud. The Jazz are playing like they are bored by the regular season and they are content just playing well enough to land a 3-5 seed. If they plan to coast early in the season I don't see any reason to not iron out a few things in preparation for the playoffs.

This is what everyone wanted after last season ended.
All i kept hearing was how the regular season doesn’t matter and how no one cares about the regular season. Jazz made some moves to improve our playoff play that would sacrifice our regular season a bit.

This is what we wanted

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
It was ugly

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
All i kept hearing was how the regular season doesn’t matter and how no one cares about the regular season. Jazz made some moves to improve our playoff play that would sacrifice our regular season a bit.

This is what we wanted

We wanted the playoffs success to regular season success ratio to increase by pumping up the numerator, not by dropping the denominator.

NAOS

This is what we wanted

You see passion and experimentation from the coaches and players in an effort to expand our repertoire for the playoffs? If so, please tell me where you see that because I’d like to lean into those perceptions. If they’re real, of course.

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner

This is what we wanted

It's a lot like life. We feel the years pass faster and faster, yet I've spent an interminable hour waiting for a doctor to tell me I had cancer. In the short-term our perceptions change. So yes we know we needed to improve our odds in the playoffs, but I still want them to win every single game. And by golly I'm gonna bitch when they don't! Especially when the reason is largely lack of effort and focus, which has been a real problem this year.

The Thriller

Unpopular opinion:

Maybe a lot of players are just mentally and physically exhausted? They had the Covid bubble year. Then a jam packed year. Summer Olympics. Now this sloppy season.

Honestly, there’s a lot of bad basketball going on right now. And it could be worse, we could be Denver with 2/3 of our stars dealing with serious injury.

I do think however, we need some juice. Jingles especially, looks mentally and physically exhausted. I wish we had some draft picks that could spell jingles right now. Or a trade that could bring some athleticism to our team.

Last edited:

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
You see passion and experimentation from the coaches and players in an effort to expand our repertoire for the playoffs? If so, please tell me where you see that because I’d like to lean into those perceptions. If they’re real, of course.
Bruh… we went small last night. I mean it was out of necessity and clearly not something we have prepared for at all… and is partly because Quin would rather die than play our third string center who’s option we picked up for no apparent reason. This is huge progress lmao that you can’t see it.

For reals though I’ve seen some tinkering with the zone at times but it hasn’t looked promising or that guys actually knew how to do it. I haven’t seen a lot of experimenting at all. And the league may have caught up to some of the stuff we did that was so effective.

Good team… I’m grateful for them. My faith in them as an actual real contender is waning.