What's new

Game Thread Nov 24, 2021 06:00PM MT: Jazz at Thunder

Added to Calendar: 11-24-21

I think the Olympics really took it out of him. Why don't they give him a month off and play Fitts, Paschal or Hughes at the spot until Joe gets his mojo back?
Give him a month off and sign Dunn. We’ll be glad we did both. Or bring Joe back for the last 20 games of the season.

I feel like it is super easy to take Gobert for granted. He might be the best pick setter I've seen. Low key mark of a guy that really cares. More BIQ than he gets credit. This team would be below average without him.
He has hands down been our best player this year, and it's not even close. And since we aren't being very dominant this year he is being unfairly left out of the MVP conversation and he completely deserves to be in that discussion. Of course, absent a complete and total meltdown Curry will win the MVP again this year, but Gobert at least deserves a solid chunk of votes.

He has hands down been our best player this year, and it's not even close. And since we aren't being very dominant this year he is being unfairly left out of the MVP conversation and he completely deserves to be in that discussion. Of course, absent a complete and total meltdown Curry will win the MVP again this year, but Gobert at least deserves a solid chunk of votes.

Jazz would have been giving up a lay-up drill tonight if guys weren't running into Rudy and giving up.

It's hard to believe he could regress this much this fast. I know he's 34 but he had the best season of his career just a few months ago. What the hell has happened to him?
Too much basketball over the summer. He prioritized the Olympics over his career. Not to be melodramatic, but that's the truth of it. And imo it's highly debatable whether that was worth it, but it was his choice. I think we need to just shut him down for a couple months to recover.

That game was too close for comfort. The worst part was when Whiteside was fouled, screamed "AND ONE!" and the POS ref who wasn't doing his job ejected him.

I’m all for getting wins, but this team needs to figure some stuff out. You watch teams like Dubs and Suns and they are on point.

Sober Thoughts:
- It was weird that Quin didn't adjust the rotation with Whiteside out. He just plugged Paschall in to those minutes, which didn't work great. I'm guessing our small ball lineup looks a little better with some game planning and preparation, but we have a ways to go.
- Rudy Gay had a nice offensive game, but had a couple miscommunications on defense. I'm sure that will improve with time.
- We should have been playing quite a bit of garbage time this game, so it's not great. On the other hand give OKC some credit. They were able to help and then recover really well on defense and they hit shots.

I’m all for getting wins, but this team needs to figure some stuff out. You watch teams like Dubs and Suns and they are on point.

I think ultimately, our best lineup might be Conley, Mitchell, Royce and the Double-Rudy. Or possibly even substitute Clarkson for Royce. If Bogdanovic isn't shooting the ball, he really doesn't do much else at an above-average level.

JC shooting 7-12 with 3-7 from three was a silver lining.
No silver lining, straight up won the game. That and Gobert and Gay and Bogey. Filled in the Mitchell-sized hole for 46 minutes.

Awful win, but a win (I laughed when I heard Thurl call it a good win, but whatever, I still like him).

And that Whiteside ejection was total garbage. F that ref.