What's new

Game Thread Nov 26, 2022 07:00PM MT: Jazz at Suns

Added to Calendar: 11-26-22

Yeah, when Hardy first came in he was a little more of a gambler, or at least he seemed to be. Now that he's settled in, he's just like all the rest, afraid to be caught making a mistake.
I mean make no mistake about it, KO and Vanderbilt should be starting and Kessler definitely should be getting minutes to develop into the impressive talent that he will be. But if I were coach and we're on the back end of a back to back or just getting pummeled on the boards by some behemoth bully, I would turn to my resident behemoth. We've got a secret weapon for spot duty that we're not utilizing.
Lmfao. Hardy is constantly changing the lineups and minutes of guys. You are just saying things.

Lmfao. Hardy is constantly changing the lineups and minutes of guys. You are just saying things.
This is in regards to playing Dok in spot minutes. He had some really nice minutes last season when Snyder was out. He runs 6’11” 270, has better hands and better rebounding and FT% numbers than Kessler anyway.

Winnable game for this bunch. This loss falls squarely on Hardy and his entourage of coaching assistants. How do you not foul in that situation? Let’s not even get into substitutions. Our Star player had a rough game and we were still within a “rocks” throw of victory at the uncomfortable end.

Relax. The NBA gave us the Warriors and Suns back to back. We’d be lucky to go 1-1 against those teams even with the best Jazz teams. This was the NBA setting us up for failure… thinking that was exactly what we wanted this season.
Really just the luck of the draw IMO. It’s been baptism by fire this season, but the upside is as we get better so will our schedule.

But this one is firmly behind us now; so is not even the staunchest tank advocate favorably impressed with the incredible emergence of Sexton and NAW in the last two games? Future getting rosey right before Christmas!

Last edited:

He changes the fringe guys around a tiny bit. KO gets his minutes he gets every night regardless of situations or mismatches. Same with most of the regular rotation.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

I was doing some cyphering this morning thinking about the Jazz puny showing on the boards last night. Two guys never got off the pine last night and I think would have helped the rebounding situation. Lauri is our leading rebounder. If you give Dok a modest 20 minutes per game based on just his stats this year and last, he would be the Jazz leading rebounder. I get that the Jazz didn't pick up his option, but when sand is being kicked in your face at the beach, you would think coach would try something.

I was doing some cyphering this morning thinking about the Jazz puny showing on the boards last night. Two guys never got off the pine last night and I think would have helped the rebounding situation. Lauri is our leading rebounder. If you give Dok a modest 20 minutes per game based on just his stats this year and last, he would be the Jazz leading rebounder. I get that the Jazz didn't pick up his option, but when sand is being kicked in your face at the beach, you would think coach would try something.
Where are those minutes coming from?

We certainly can't add any more non-shooters to the front court rotation.

Where are those minutes coming from?

Hardy can figure it out. The front court rotation did not work vs the Sixers and sure did not work last night in the 4th quarter. You might be amazed at how good our shooters become when they play tough D, get a miss and the rebound and get a lay up or dunk at the other end.

I would like to see if we can. Our offense has been fantastic (like near the top of the league). Defense has been horrendous (like worst in the league)
Maybe the answer is to make the offense a bit worse and the defense a bit better.

Hi, a new member here... have been watching every game this season though and enjoyed (mostly).

The L2M report reveals two incorrect non-calls in favor of the Suns. First Ayton travels (1:13 left) and then 4 seconds left Payne fouls Sexton. A position and/or free throws and the score most probably would look different.
E: checked the video, so the last foul was not defensive. Anyways at least lost a position 4 secs left.

Last edited: