What's new

Game Thread Nov 27, 2021 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Pelicans

Added to Calendar: 11-27-21

How would those be highlights? The point is it misses stuff like Conley's layup, steal, then 3, and many blocks and steals and other exciting plays. While including every layup regardless of circumstances. These are fine if you missed the game and want a condensed version, but they are supremely boring if you had hoped to wack it to the exciting plays of the game.

These should be called game summaries, not highlights. Highlights should be exactly that, highlights.

Are you saying that a normal, much shorter highlight video doesn’t miss any plays?

Ya i watch those longer highlight videos/game summaries when i miss the game.
If i just want a short highlight video, like you seem to want, then i watch one of those instead. There is more than one highlight video of a game.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Are you saying that a normal, much shorter highlight video doesn’t miss any plays?

Ya i watch those longer highlight videos/game summaries when i miss the game.
If i just want a short highlight video, like you seem to want, then i watch one of those instead. There is more than one highlight video of a game.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
It isn't about quantity, it is about quality. Highlight videos used to take the best plays, the most exciting plays, and get them from various angles, and not include basic plays like standard layups and like a 15 foot jumper with no one around the guy. Those are scoring plays, sure, but by the very definition of highlight, they do not fit the bill. And often the defensive plays are bigger highlights than many of the scoring plays, like many of Gobert's dunks, and most if not all of those get left out of these "game summary" videos. I had hoped to see Bogey's pass off the backboard for Mitchell's dunk from 3 different angles and such, but it was in the "highlight" videos I saw once and from the regular angle. Not enough emphasis on the real highlights of the game for me. I was simply lamenting the fact that these kinds of highlight videos have been replaced with game summary videos which do very little to capture the excitement of the game, when much of it looks like layup or shooting drills.

And as far as there being more than one highlight video for a game, I watched 6 of them for the last game and they were almost all exactly the same thing. It is done automatically anymore and cut together as fast as they can so they get out there the quickest for the most clicks. Little effort is made to get the real highlights together, as long as they can be the first one out to get the clicks. I was able to find individual plays if I searched for those individual plays, like I found one of Mitchell's dunk, showing multiple angles, and that was the only play in the whole video. Couldn't find one with Whiteside's or Gobert's blocks.