What's new

Now that we have a youth movement...

No because Jerry would ask the front office to acquire hard working less talent vets so he have someone to play. Jerry had his day and I am looking forward to seeing what Ty can do.

I can't help but think this was in the works before Jerry left. I think it is reasonable to think that Jerry was willing to wait until the end of the season to help make a smooth transition for a rebuilding team to the next coach, but the blow-up with D Will and the prospect of the stresses of rebuilding got to him and he decided he was tired enough that it was time to go.

I can't help but think this was in the works before Jerry left. I think it is reasonable to think that Jerry was willing to wait until the end of the season to help make a smooth transition for a rebuilding team to the next coach, but the blow-up with D Will and the prospect of the stresses of rebuilding got to him and he decided he was tired enough that it was time to go.
I don't think it was the stress of rebuilding. I think it was the stress of having players who didn't believe in playing under a system, didn't think they needed to "earn" playing time. Certainly when you don't have your franchise player support you, that plays a huge part, especially since, if we can believe the rumors, Jerry fought to bring Deron to Utah when KOC really wanted Chris Paul.

Me thinks the Jazz will trade one of their picks for a veteran. They'll have the cap space when AK's deal comes off the books. If they miss the playoffs, I think it will be the second of the picks. And I think they'd draft and then trade the rights to the player. That maintains the flexibility to trade a 1st-rounder the following year. Or they could deal the GS pick. Having Favors, Hayward, Evans and Jimmer is enough youth. They'll need some veterans to potty-train the infants.

Me thinks the Jazz will trade one of their picks for a veteran. They'll have the cap space when AK's deal comes off the books. If they miss the playoffs, I think it will be the second of the picks. And I think they'd draft and then trade the rights to the player. That maintains the flexibility to trade a 1st-rounder the following year. Or they could deal the GS pick. Having Favors, Hayward, Evans and Jimmer is enough youth. They'll need some veterans to potty-train the infants.

Raja would be great in that role if he could hit a jumper.