What's new

Game Thread Oct 29, 2022 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs Grizzlies

Added to Calendar: 10-29-22

I would use all the draft picks this year and would trade the remaining picks to pick up another star player. This team has enough good to it already.

Happy for NAW -- I've always wanted him on the team, he's always had tools to succeed that others don't. He has the right attitude, and generally tries to play unselfish.

I liked the trade, I like his game, and I hope there's more to come.

- George

I would use all the draft picks this year and would trade the remaining picks to pick up another star player. This team has enough good to it already.
The problem there is that you then gut the team of the good players that got us here just to match the salary of these superstars; I mean plus we empty the cupboard of picks for the future. Better to target a rising star that is expendable to the trading team (SGA for example) clear out the oldest players, I.,e., Conley, Gay and give up a mere pick or two. Take your best shot and still reap the benefits of the draft every year, developing replacement talent as you continue to win the way Golden State does it.

Last edited:
Maybe we need to start a campaign to re-unite SGA and NAW. And with Olynyk here, we'd then have 3 guys from the Canadian Olympic team. Any other Canadians potentially on the block (will pass on Primo, though)? ;)
No there’s a lot of truth to that, I mean building culture through shared values. I guess Wiggins has developed to the point where he’s now completely out of our reach, unfortunately.

I love how Olynyk is shutting all the haters up. In less than 10 games this guys already done more clutch **** than Bogey did since he hit that game winner vs Houston 3 seasons ago.
I know right? I mean as crazy as it sounds, we won that trade! And we saved money. As good as Bogey is (and he’s great), he lost the ball a lot, particularly on drives. He’d also go all hangdog sometimes, something Olynyk never does. Also, I think he just generally surveys the floor and facilitates better.

Watched this game at my sisters house (halloween party) so didnt participate in the thread or read any of it. Man this team is fun to watch. I loved seeing NAW and ochai (spelling?) play. This team doesnt quit.
Thought vando showed his draymondness last night. 7 assists. Corner three. Brought the ball up a bunch of times.

KO broke out if his slump. Sexton was quite good (man he is fast. Reminds me of that pg for the kings with his speed) huge shot by beasely.

I though Hardy killled it with his rotations and minutes alottment. Nice to have gay and conley ride pine so we could see the young guys too.
Coaching overall was quite good though i was yelling at hardy to call a timeout when pelicans went on a big run.

Playoffs baby

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

The reverse dunk by markannen was another amazing dunk to add to his highlight reel.
I still think his best one was when he caught a one handed lob while running full speed and threw it down over a defender earlier this season though

You didn't enjoy the Jazz '20-'21 regular season? That year was fun as **** for me. Jazz looked like a championship frontrunner until the actual playoffs happened.

Ya that was on of the funnest seasons ever. 3 all stars, 6th man of the year, #1 seed, setting all kinds of records, defenive player of the year.

What a TEAM

Clarkson is the heart and soul of this team , I know he takes some weird shots but I love him

Ya i feel like at this point if the front office were to trade him the fans would riot or boycott the team or something.