What's new

Game Thread Oct 30, 2023 07:00PM MT: Jazz at Nuggets

Added to Calendar: 10-30-23

The lads at least competed in the second half. Right now Ochai and Dunn just stink. Maybe Ainge can get a second round pick for both.

Lauri with 27/14/5 stats looks nice but could have been better with 23fgas. His 3-stroke has been solid but inside game has been less efficient this season. He has to sell those contacts and get into the FT line more - take advantage of the NBA officiating instead of taking tougher shots.

Also Walker is back! Better fg% than Jokic!!!

Remember the hydra offense… if Don didn’t get you, Bogey/Mike/JC would. We have the opposite of that… if THT and Sexton play well JC/Dunn/Ochai will play like ****… we have all the volume low efficiency scorers.

They played with effort but collectively still lots of dumb play. Nuggets shot horribly coming off a back to back… just a business like win.

Key was still good but had a rough sequence that got him benched… of course I saw JC have like 3 or 4 of those type sequences tonight.

Good to see Kessler do well. Not a great John Collins game. I can see why you all hate Ochai so much (I’m his number one fan). Jk… kind of.

Lauri with 27/14/5 stats looks nice but could have been better with 23fgas. His 3-stroke has been solid but inside game has been less efficient this season. He has to sell those contacts and get into the FT line more - take advantage of the NBA officiating instead of taking tougher shots.

Also Walker is back! Better fg% than Jokic!!!
There were a few that were pretty obvious fouls. It really sucks that flippers get rewarded when guys that power through get nothing.

10/11 FG. 13 REB in 29 min. Damn.

STARTERSMINPTSFGMFGA3PM3PAFTMFTAREBASTSTLBLK
T. Horton-Tucker, PG291671223003800
J. Collins, PF341571613039110
J. Clarkson, SG34421004033610
L. Markkanen, SF382710245132214401
W. Kessler, C29221011002313001

BENCHMINPTSFGMFGA3PM3PAFTMFTAREBASTSTLBLK
O. Agbaji1500502002200
K. George2031614001210
K. Dunn600201002100
K. Olynyk1830202344530
C. Sexton171251025000000
B. Sensabaugh
Thanks for that! I go to the box scores on NBA.com and it’s too big for the page and I can’t see the column categories and get lost a lot.
Mad Skilz compadre. :cool:

Nothing against your comment here, but more of a tangential question, why is this the go-to phrase in sports right now? I've been watching more highlight videos of football and baseball and that's like all they ever say to each other. "Let's go" or "let's ****ing go".
Charlie White

woo-yea-baby-woo.gif

There were a few that were pretty obvious fouls. It really sucks that flippers get rewarded when guys that power through get nothing.
I kinda like that Lauri is not doing the selling but bc these dumb refs are used to see it from stars... It seems he has to do the same to get the free throws he deserves. If Lauri would be like that and selling them fouls... he would average 30.

There's only 3 teams in the league that have a worse defense then us so that's something I guess

I kinda like that Lauri is not doing the selling but bc these dumb refs are used to see it from stars... It seems he has to do the same to get the free throws he deserves. If Lauri would be like that and selling them fouls... he would average 30.
Lauri averaged 6 FTA last year so if he can get back to that i could see him average 30 pretty soon.

Lauri averaged 6 FTA last year so if he can get back to that i could see him average 30 pretty soon.
At the moment he is 25/11/2 for four games... He would be averaging 27 now with the same FT rate than last season. It will be getting there. Seems inevitable he will average same or more than last season so from now on I am concentrating on the nuances. He is a walking 25pts in most games that does not become blowouts and ending him to sit out the 4th.

This version of clarkson suck. We need to get him scoring again, he’s passing too much resulting to more turnovers.

Clarkson needs to go back to 6th man. He just isnt a starter. If hes hot let him close out games. Right now he isnt a player that should be on the court but I am hoping that turns around soon. We need a guard to do something.

2nd half was somewhat promising, that first half was really awful. Also maybe it was mentioned but that foul on Jokic by Lauri should have been an offensive foul and really ended the game. It was a 5 point game and Utah had momentum. Oh well, we really didnt play well enough to deserve this one,