What's new

Game Thread Oct 30, 2023 07:00PM MT: Jazz at Nuggets

Added to Calendar: 10-30-23

There were a lot of positives about this game:
  • THT had 7 assists to Kessler specifically. Markkanen assisted 1 Kessler bucket and 2 were tip ins, but all other points by Walker were assisted by THT.
  • Also Lauri had 5 assists and few of them were quite nice plays by him
  • Sexton played much more solid, took good shots and both him and THT had much more purpose and idea whenever they drove inside
  • We limited our turnovers significantly and Clarkson had almost half of the 12 so everyone else looked much improved with ball security
Clarkson and Dunn are the most frustrating players to me right now. Funny that they were my top options for starters lmao. Its sort of weird as they are the two oldest guys who also looked like the two most composed guards we had in the preaseason but they have been very shaky.

This version of clarkson suck. We need to get him scoring again, he’s passing too much resulting to more turnovers.
I think his passing is the better side of his game right now. Its his scoring that has been a huge struggle. He cannot hit his floaters or outside shots for whatever reason, and most of his turnovers seem to come from dribbling and getting trapped.

Clarkson needs to go back to 6th man. He just isnt a starter. If hes hot let him close out games. Right now he isnt a player that should be on the court but I am hoping that turns around soon. We need a guard to do something.

2nd half was somewhat promising, that first half was really awful. Also maybe it was mentioned but that foul on Jokic by Lauri should have been an offensive foul and really ended the game. It was a 5 point game and Utah had momentum. Oh well, we really didnt play well enough to deserve this one,
That foul you mentioned was ridiculous. Jokic clearly tackled Lauri who was standing still between Jokic and the basket. The contact was 100% initiated by Jokic and he didnt really have forward momentum when Lauri went to a legal defensive position.

Maybe its just me and I dont know basketball rules, but I was yelling about that one.

I think his passing is the better side of his game right now. Its his scoring that has been a huge struggle. He cannot hit his floaters or outside shots for whatever reason, and most of his turnovers seem to come from dribbling and getting trapped.
Yeah weird. He’s a very efficient FT shooter and now can’t make one. And the overboard pass was strange. I hope it’s just mental and he gets over it

Yeah weird. He’s a very efficient FT shooter and now can’t make one. And the overboard pass was strange. I hope it’s just mental and he gets over it
Yeah that 3 on 1 fast break where he completely fumbled was very weird for a vet like him. The dumbest part wasnt even the pass to me, but the fact that he didnt push the pace in such an obvious situation and sort of froze out that whole fast break with his dribble.

It was not at all like the JC I remember from last year.

Just watch the replay. Denver just too good for us. Let' see where we are in 7-9 games but tanking may be a good option. We look short of a lot of things at that stage.

Clarkson has been really bad

So ****ing bad. And ochai couldnt make a shot. Keyonte was way off. And KO was garbage. Just too many of our guys playing at their worst.

Yet we came pretty close to beating the best team in the leahue in their house. Kind of encouraging really

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

What exactly does Ochai do out there besides take up space? I was fairly high on him last year, but he's shown absolutely nothing so far this season.

I feel like he had defended well this year and rebounded well.
Hat stuff aint enough if the ball never goes in the hoop though.

Clarkson needs to go back to 6th man. He just isnt a starter. If hes hot let him close out games. Right now he isnt a player that should be on the court but I am hoping that turns around soon. We need a guard to do something.

2nd half was somewhat promising, that first half was really awful. Also maybe it was mentioned but that foul on Jokic by Lauri should have been an offensive foul and really ended the game. It was a 5 point game and Utah had momentum. Oh well, we really didnt play well enough to deserve this one,

All of this

It was nice seeing Kessler come to life. We could have easily won this one but too many guys didn't shoot worth ****.

One nice thing is we're leading the league in offensive rebounds. We're in the bottom ten for defensive rebounds and we're dead last in opponent shooting %.

Btw even though we all know Kessler has had a rough start to the year, last game alone did a lot to fix some of his statlines:

Last year he finished with 9.2 PPG and 8.4 RPG (in 23 minutes)
This year he has now 9.8 PPG and 7.5 RPG (in 24 minutes)

All other stats are still on the red though, but hopefully this solid output gained him some confidence, and he will go on the upswing.

As small added comfort his start of the season woes arent on the same level as ROTY Bancheros for instance, who has started the season in a horrible fashion despite his team winning all but one of their games. So far Paolo has 11.7 PPG on 37.5% FG (12/32), 16.7% 3P (1/6), and 55.6% FT (10/18). Dude could not hit the side of a barn, even from the FT line.

He has a great shooting stroke and will start making them soon. He just needs to be allowed to keep shooting.
I agree.

This version of clarkson suck. We need to get him scoring again, he’s passing too much resulting to more turnovers.
From what I’ve seen, it’s not just his passing. His shooting, his decision making, his handle, you name it. He doesn’t look like himself. Hope it’s not drugs - I mean he has a pretty fast lifestyle away from the court apparently.

@Handlogten's Heros answer for your boy Ochai. What's going on?
Look as the only guy who likes him enough to proclaim him my favorite player... he needs to make some damn shots! He will make some shots and I stand by his defense is better. Unless its a straight line dribble to a dunk we don't need him dribbling for shots doe. Until further notice he is on the Royce offensive program... if you are open shoot it... if not move the ball along to someone else.

I think I'd agree that Ochai has looked better on defense, but as his number one hater I must also add that I thought he was bad on defense last year and had no idea why people thought he played good defense. Offensively, his drives have been ugly and look a little hopeless. I'm not sure he will ever get there, but it's fine if he's trying for now. His future is probably just a guy who hits wide open shots at a reasonable rate. He has more potential to be a movement shooter than a guy who can put the ball on the floor IMO.