Off-Season To-Do List

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by newey-west, Mar 24, 2011.

1. YB85

YB85 Banned Contributor

May 25, 2010
    Define "long time reader".

2. newey-west

newey-west New Member

Mar 24, 2011
    On and off for the last 3 years.

3. chawx

chawx Active Member

May 26, 2010
    Well, you should know then that VINY will call someone a "son of a bitch" as a term of endearment...or he says it because you truly are a "son of a bitch"... I think the interpretation is up to you.

I personally decide which version is most self-serving and call it good. OH, BTW..... you... son... of... a... bitch!

4. r_u_s_t_b_u_c_k_e_t

r_u_s_t_b_u_c_k_e_t Well-Known Member Contributor

Jun 1, 2010
    why would he do that? would you quit a job with a $10 million salary guarantee?

5. newey-west

newey-west New Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Well in that case, I take back the venomous words. You are all true Jazz fans...I should have never used that Laker slur.

I'll be honest...when I was reading...I didn't really keep track of who was posting, but rather the content of what was posted. Now that I've decided to make this an addiction, I'll try harder to remember all of you and your personalities.

6. BENTLEY

BENTLEY Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Go to hell.

7. franklin

franklin Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Please tell me this is sarcasm. I'm either laughing my *** off or thinking you're another victim. Take Chawx' advice.

8. Jeffrey32

Jeffrey32 Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    - Resign Elson, Watson, and AK (3yrs/$21m)
    - Sign Jeremy Evans to a long-term deal
    - Hire Karl Malone as special assistant to work with Favors, Jefferson, and Millsap
    - Use NJ pick for Harrison Barnes, Kyrie Irving, Enes Kanter, Derrick Williams, or Donatas Motiejunas
    - If they don't get Irving, trade 2nd pick down in draft to get back-up PG like Kemba Walker, Nolan Smith, or Darius Morris
    - If they don't get Williams or Barnes, trade 2nd pick down to get Kyle Singler, Tyler Honeycutt, or Jordan Hamilton
    - Sign Shelvin Mack and Matt Howard if they declare and go undrafted, so Gordon has his buddies.

9. Okur13

Okur13 Member

May 26, 2010
    -I don't want Kirilenko back, and I especially don't want him at 7-8 million.
    - Pick up CJ's option
    - Get Evans signed on the cheep
    - Look at trading Millsap/ and a pick. See what your offers are
    - Offer affalo the full MLE
    -Resign Watson on a one year deal

10. pkmag2

pkmag2 Member

Jul 8, 2010
    how many years left for price? sick of seeing him drive to the basket to pass it to a person in the crowd.

dont bother with ak. he has his good moments however he's made enough $$$ from this team and the return wasnt there.

get karl to show favors some moves. not with the ladies tho.

11. mellow

mellow Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    TO DO LIST:

Greg Miller: Lock out, fix CBA, find someone to manage that track in Tooele so you can spend time with the Jazz.
    KOC: Has two choices 1- Get it right on draft night. 2- Find a nice retirement community in Florida.
    Raja Bell: Find a nice retirement community in Florida.
    Karl Malone: Teach Jeremy Evans to lift, teach Al Jefferson to go to the basket, teach Favors to be awesome, teach Milsap how to talk about himself in the third person.
    John Stockton: Teach Irving, Walker, or Knight how to play point gaurd.

Find a freaking Wing !!!!! (CJ does not count)

Ty Corbin--Find a AAU or YMCA team and learn coaching strategies for end of game situations.

Hayward--start shaving so that we can all see how awesome you are.

Jeremy evans- eat, lift, eat, lift, eat, lift, eat, lift, eat.................

12. NCJazz

NCJazz Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    You forgot eat, steroids, lift, eat, steroids, lift, .....

13. Xthren

Xthren Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    Ok going with your ideas, here are a couple of tweaks I would make.

Draft pray to het top 3 draft either Irving barnes or Williams. Since that is not going to happen take BPA at 6. We will say that is perry jones. With the 12th pick take the best point on the board. Walker, knight or fredette. Homer pick here I say fredette.

Make the draft day trade that was talked about at the trade deadline. Move bell to minny for Flynn. Minny will get the higher of our picks next year no restrictions.

Off season pick up the option on miles package him and millsap to Indy for Danny granger. Salaries are close to working.

Move Harris to Portland for Wes Matthews they love Harris and have wanted him. There would need to be some filler but irrelevant. I could see them doing this trade.

Sign and trade ak to the clippers for Chris kaman. I think ak would do well with griffin. The clips want a vet and kaman is now an after thought.

14. krebstaz

krebstaz New Member

May 27, 2010
    We don't want to draft a pg. Pg don't win you championships. We need a dominant 2 and an allstar C. I hope favors can grow and inch and add muscle. How to get the dominant 2? Beats the hell out of me

15. Xthren

Xthren Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    My jazz roster would look like this

Watson, Flynn, fredette ( not in any order best player in training camp starts )

Matthews, Rudy Fernandez ( why not with the Harris trade or maybe add Evans or tomic )

Granger, perry jones

Jefferson, favors

Kaman, okur, tomic ( can't see any one taking okur right now and bring over tomic )

16. sepanol

sepanol Well-Known Member 2018 Prediction Contest Winner

Mar 26, 2011
    Its a good post, i agree with the most part
    only things i would contest is;
    I think millsap can do what jefferson does,he has better iq and no defensive weakness like AJ. when we consider the salary difference, its more logical for him to stay instead
    And i think Favors has the potential to be a good defensive minded center, he has amazing phsyique
    And tomic seems really weak, i doubt even if he can play in cleveland, but dragicevic seems like he can make a good contribution off the bench