What's new

Offensive Suck Per 48

players who play less minutes have anything they do exaggerated beyond meaning in a per48 stat, and sheer luck can result in crazy numbers.

This is just a re-hash of the sample size point. We agree on this, I think.

Also, playing limited minutes will tend to push performance to one end of the spectrum or the other, further inflating or deflating the per48 stat.

Interesting theory. What evidence is there for this?

That is why the NBA on their stats pages have the required minutes played and other limiters to see who really is performing and who is showing inflated numbers due to limited minutes.

Another re-hash of limited sample size.

If you are a player who likely will be fairly solid in the NBA, but your PT is limited due to playing behind vets or simply being a rookie (Burks, for example) then it will tend to give you a better shot to shine in terms of numbers when the bulk of your minutes come against the other teams' scrubs in blow-outs

Saw that you added this. Fair point. Not sure how relevant that is to the Jazz so far this season, given that there has been approx. 96 minutes of "garbage time".

Interesting information! All these years, I thought Lebron and Dwight were good, but their suck/48 is way to high.

Lebron:

Dwight:

They need to get these numbers down to those of Jeremy Evans (0.00) and Jamaal Tinsley (8.00). Now those are players you can build a team around!

Interesting information! All these years, I thought Lebron and Dwight were good, but their suck/48 is way to high.

Lebron:

Dwight:

They need to get these numbers down to those of Jeremy Evans (0.00) and Jamaal Tinsley (8.00). Now those are players you can build a team around!
Bordy is really on to something here. I thought that Locke was obsessed with some of the most useless stats out there, but none of them hold a candle to this. Well done and repped accordingly.