What's new

Offer Bledsoe a huge deal on July 1st

Hedda Gambler

On July 1st, we should offer Eric Bledsoe a hefty frontloaded deal, with something like 14-12-10-10 for for years. This would pay him 11,5 per year for 4 years and is a ****load of money. It may be too much money for him, but this move accomplishes several things:

If he signs it and Phoenix don`t accept, we have a very good player on our hands. Our own cap room for the next couple of years will not be a problem as we most likely won`t be targeting big name free agents. If Phoenix match, they only have cap room to offer Hayward around 10 million.

On July 1st, we should offer Eric Bledsoe a hefty frontloaded deal, with something like 14-12-10-10 for for years. This would pay him 11,5 per year for 4 years and is a ****load of money. It may be too much money for him, but this move accomplishes several things:

If he signs it and Phoenix don`t accept, we have a very good player on our hands. Our own cap room for the next couple of years will not be a problem as we most likely won`t be targeting big name free agents. If Phoenix match, they only have cap room to offer Hayward around 10 million.

And Burke backs him up, I presume? Seems we'd be better served front-loading a different position.

Expect Bledsoe to be offered a 4 year max offer. His meniscus troubles will limit his earning possibilities for his next contract only. Maybe it's also 5 years as the Suns don't have any other rookie who looks like a possibility for the franchise player slot.

the Suns GM, Ryan McDonough has said multiple times they will match any offer. he thinks Dragic - Bledsoe is as good as any backcourt in the league

the Suns GM, Ryan McDonough has said multiple times they will match any offer, he thinks Dragic - Bledsoe is as good as any backcourt in the league

Fine - let them match. Their cap space will then be cut in half and we have one less club to worry about offering Gordon an enormous contract.

Phoenix offering Hayward an enormous contract would be far more disastrous to them than signing Bledsoe to that contract would be.

I see the angle you're trying to play with this, unfortunately that's not how most GMs work. Would be a sly move though to force the Suns hand to match just to tie up their cap space.

Someone else will offer bledsoe a big contract that pheonix will have to match anyways...... so no need for us to

Someone else will offer bledsoe a big contract that pheonix will have to match anyways...... so no need for us to

Lindsey can at least call his agent at 12:01 and tell him the Jazz would like to offer Bledsoe a MAX deal. Even if he doesn't sign an offer sheet, the agent calls Phoenix to tell them his client has a MAX offer on the table and it will take close to that for 5 years for Bledsoe to re-sign with Phoenix. Jazz have the financial freedom to bring in a MAX player, so we either get Phoenix to spend their cap space or get a helluva player we can still afford to have for 4 years.

Lindsey can at least call his agent at 12:01 and tell him the Jazz would like to offer Bledsoe a MAX deal. Even if he doesn't sign an offer sheet, the agent calls Phoenix to tell them his client has a MAX offer on the table and it will take close to that for 5 years for Bledsoe to re-sign with Phoenix. Jazz have the financial freedom to bring in a MAX player, so we either get Phoenix to spend their cap space or get a helluva player we can still afford to have for 4 years.

I think the max is too much for bledsoe (especially with trey and alec in the roster for much cheaper and a chance to draft smart or exum) and even though we have the money to spend, i still think we should be smart with it and only pay guys what they deserve

I like the way you've applied game theory here.... need you on DL's staff

I think the max is too much for bledsoe (especially with trey and alec in the roster for much cheaper and a chance to draft smart or exum) and even though we have the money to spend, i still think we should be smart with it and only pay guys what they deserve

Trey is not a franchise player and neither is Burks. Bledsoe is an alpha dog. That's quite the guard rotation with those three. Of course, if Bledsoe DID sign an offer sheet (unlikely) and Phoenix didn't match (also unlikely), that means either Hayward shifts to SF full-time or we just let him go. As silesian said, it's game theory. Bledsoe may not even WANT to play in Utah. But his agent tells Phoenix he has a MAX offer on the table, forcing Phoenix to either cough up a ton of money, or call Beldsoe's bluff, make him sign the Utah offer and then either match or decline.

What I do find interesting is Lindsey said in an interview that the Jazz had enough room to give Hayward a substantial raise and STILL have a MAX slot available if they found that player and he agreed to sign. That only works THIS summer. After that, cap space is eaten up by holds for Burks and Kanter plus the contracts given to Favors and Hayward (if he re-signs). Jazz could still be under the cap, but not enough to offer a MAX contract.

Of course, if Bledsoe DID sign an offer sheet (unlikely) and Phoenix didn't match (also unlikely), that means we would be overpaying him

Fixed.

I dont want to overpay dudes

If i am overpaying..... then im overpaying a scoring machine or a great defensive big.

I dont want to overpay a tweener that a year ago was talked about being traded for millsap and then missed half the year with a knee injury and has never really proven himself in the league.

Thats just me though..... it would be risky to offer him a max deal, but it could pay off.... maybe he will be a star.
Big risk though

Minus the knees, I really like Bledsoe for our team. He brings the pace we need, and the defense we need at the point. Hayward and Bledsoe is more than enough on the playmaking side of things.

We don't have to worry about PHX.(partially because of bledsoe) WE have to worry about boston. Boston is the most likely to throw money at Hayward imo.

We don't have to worry about PHX.(partially because of bledsoe) WE have to worry about boston. Boston is the most likely to throw money at Hayward imo.

Agreed, and so it doesn't hurt to have some quality players in mind to fill that potential absebce. With or without Hayward, a healthy Bledsoe is perfect for our team.

With or without Hayward, a healthy Bledsoe is perfect for our team.

At what price?
Would he be perfect for our team at 17 million per year? 15 million?

I really like bledsoe but we do have burks and trey so i dont know if i would want to pay bledsoe a max contract when he is not a big need on our team and we dont even know if he will ever be an all star in the nba.

He might not end up even being better that burks or trey in a couple years. Bledsoe has not really done anything in the nba. He has been a starter for half of one season, and never been an all star or anything.
Big risk to offer him a max deal like i have been hearing we should

Here is what DL should do doe:

Let hayward walk
Dont overpay a dude like bledsoe
Trade kanter, trey, and GS pick for westbrook (throw in a future first if we must)
Sign Lebron in free agency
Trade Burks, Gobert, and the rights to Tomic for Bradley Beal (throw in john lucas the 3rd if we must)
Grab Thibidoe after he is fired from the bulls for losing in the first round
Win the lottery and draft Wiggins

Starting lineup of:
Westbrook
Beal
Wiggins
Lebron
Favors
With thibidoe coaching them, that would be a nightmare of a defensive team

Who is on board with this team?
If DL doesn't do these things that i suggested then he sux. Plain and simple.

Reactions: BTP