What's new

Official: Fire Dennis Lindsey thread

Who is? The panel of experts from ESPN unanimously selected Rudy as #1 from that class and said if it was redone he would be #1. Giannis is #2 and I guess one could argue he could be #1 but nobody after that.

"Experts from ESPN" = lol

Giannis is easily better IMO. Dude is putting up 20/10/7.5 post all star break while playing good defense. Rudy is good, and definitely one of the best from a weak draft, but he's not the best.

I doubt it.

You're right the history of foot injuries with big guys in their 30s is pretty good... oh wait... it's effing terrifying and has resulted in ending multiple players careers. I'm sure Gasol is the exception though.

"Experts from ESPN" = lol

Giannis is easily better IMO. Dude is putting up 20/10/7.5 post all star break while playing good defense. Rudy is good, and definitely one of the best from a weak draft, but he's not the best.
If he becomes a 3pt threat I would take him over Rudy. But until then if I'm a GM I take Rudy.

Sent from my 0PM92 using JazzFanz mobile app

If he becomes a 3pt threat I would take him over Rudy. But until then if I'm a GM I take Rudy.

Sent from my 0PM92 using JazzFanz mobile app

We're discussing Rudy Gobert and you wanna use an offensive qualifier? Rudy can't even catch the damn ball!

We're discussing Rudy Gobert and you wanna use an offensive qualifier? Rudy can't even catch the damn ball!
Rudy is #1 in DBPM in the whole NBA. You could argue either way it's pretty close between the Greak Freak and him. Now if he was also an offensive threat then it wouldn't even be close...

Rudy is #1 in DBPM in the whole NBA. You could argue either way it's pretty close between the Greak Freak and him. Now if he was also an offensive threat then it wouldn't even be close...

He's actually #2, but don't let facts get in your way.

Anyways, Giannis is basically a 7 foot triple double threat who plays good defense. There's not many players that can do that, and players who can impact both sides of the court will always be more valuable than players who only impact one side.

He's actually #2, but don't let facts get in your way.

Anyways, Giannis is basically a 7 foot triple double threat who plays good defense. There's not many players that can do that, and players who can impact both sides of the court will always be more valuable than players who only impact one side.

He is also a SF who can't hit a 3 to save his life.

When it's all said and done will Giannis be the better overall player? I could easily see that, dude has been playing pretty solid, outside of his 3 pt shot.
With all that being said.....Getting a player like Rudy at #27 should be looked as a huge win for the FO.

Same with Hood.

If we are gonna bring up any issues with Lindsey pointing to the draft is the worst place to start.

When it's all said and done will Giannis be the better overall player? I could easily see that, dude has been playing pretty solid, outside of his 3 pt shot.
With all that being said.....Getting a player like Rudy at #27 should be looked as a huge win for the FO.

Same with Hood.

If we are gonna bring up any issues with Lindsey pointing to the draft is the worst place to start.

And we can't judge him on free agency yet, because he hasn't ever tried to get into it.

Like I said before, he purposefully left the bench thin this year. He wanted to find out what he had. He wanted to Exum, Hayward, Hood, Favors, Gobert, Burke, Burks to play all the minutes. If you bring in a vet, you have to have a role for him.

What destroyed this season was Exum getting hurt. Exum was hurt in August...after all the FA's had signed. We were screwed at that point.

It really, really, really sucks that Exum was hurt this year. We still don't know what we need. Imagine if Exum had not been hurt. Come the trade deadline, we would have known if we should have traded for Teague or Mack. But, we knew nothing.

This summer, he will add depth. We know what we have in our young guys outside of Exum.

Gobert is a solid center with huge upside. We need a backup center.
Favors has all-star potential (told you guys he was our best player). Lyles looks to be a solid backup.
Hayward has all-star potential. We need a backup SF.
Hood is a great starting SG. We need a backup SG.
Burks is....injured. If you can dump him, do it. If not, he is a solid backup SG.
PG???? Who the frick knows. You probably need to find a veteran to come in and compete for the backup spot. Exum is your starter.

This summer will be different.

And we can't judge him on free agency yet, because he hasn't ever tried to get into it.

Like I said before, he purposefully left the bench thin this year. He wanted to find out what he had. He wanted to Exum, Hayward, Hood, Favors, Gobert, Burke, Burks to play all the minutes. If you bring in a vet, you have to have a role for him.

What destroyed this season was Exum getting hurt. Exum was hurt in August...after all the FA's had signed. We were screwed at that point.

It really, really, really sucks that Exum was hurt this year. We still don't know what we need. Imagine if Exum had not been hurt. Come the trade deadline, we would have known if we should have traded for Teague or Mack. But, we knew nothing.

This summer, he will add depth. We know what we have in our young guys outside of Exum.

Gobert is a solid center with huge upside. We need a backup center.
Favors has all-star potential (told you guys he was our best player). Lyles looks to be a solid backup.
Hayward has all-star potential. We need a backup SF.
Hood is a great starting SG. We need a backup SG.
Burks is....injured. If you can dump him, do it. If not, he is a solid backup SG.
PG???? Who the frick knows. You probably need to find a veteran to come in and compete for the backup spot. Exum is your starter.

This summer will be different.

The first sentence is the problem... The last sentence is the fear... What if he continues to sit on his hands in free agency. Also, we can judge him by his lack of deals... There were plenty to be had. We should have taken an approach similar to the one the Blazers took.

I suppose you say that because he has had some success and the draft is full of uncertainty which is logical. However, i think the draft is the only place people can evaluate Lindsey. He hasn't really made attempts at FA, His coaching hire is still a work in progress, and he has only retained one FA who was arguably overpaid. Additionally, Lindsey himself has repeatedly stated the Importance of the draft and has made a huge show of bringing in potential draftees, and hiring additional scouts both nationally and internationally. Lindsey himself has said that small market teams can't afford to miss in the draft. So, I think it is both logical and fair to look at his drafting record to begin an evaluation of his performance. There are probably varying opinions of how well/poor he has done, I personally lean towards the critical side.

No one expected Lindsey to be perfect, but he has missed badly on more than one player evaluations.

The first sentence is the problem... The last sentence is the fear... What if he continues to sit on his hands in free agency. Also, we can judge him by his lack of deals... There were plenty to be had. We should have taken an approach similar to the one the Blazers took.

The first sentence is not the problem. I LOVE fans...most are...less smart. All this board said for YEARS is to turn the team over to the young guys...get rid of Al and Millsap...give the youth 30 mins a night.

Lindsay did that. He didn't want vets here to take away minutes from the young guys this year. We weren't winning a title this year. There was NO point to bring in a veteran bench. For what? The seventh seed and a first round exit? Give me a break. You guys were banging on KOC for doing that strategy.

I've said this 1,000 times, but Exum getting hurt has DEVASTATING to this team. It killed us. It was at the worst time, to the worst player, in the worst scenario. We are one of the worst defensive team at the end of games. Exum makes us at worst, average. That means 5+ wins, with his defense alone.

And that is if he does not improve offensively AT ALL. And judging by his Summer League performance, there is reason to believe he would have been better this year.

He is doing what we wanted him to do...now we criticize him for it? lol. It don't work that way.

I suppose you say that because he has had some success and the draft is full of uncertainty which is logical. However, i think the draft is the only place people can evaluate Lindsey. He hasn't really made attempts at FA, His coaching hire is still a work in progress, and he has only retained one FA who was arguably overpaid. Additionally, Lindsey himself has repeatedly stated the Importance of the draft and has made a huge show of bringing in potential draftees, and hiring additional scouts both nationally and internationally. Lindsey himself has said that small market teams can't afford to miss in the draft. So, I think it is both logical and fair to look at his drafting record to begin an evaluation of his performance. There are probably varying opinions of how well/poor he has done, I personally lean towards the critical side.

No one expected Lindsey to be perfect, but he has missed badly on more than one player evaluations.

Hood and Gobert put Lindsey as one of the best GM's when it comes to the draft.

He traded Eric Green for Gobert. GENIUS.

He drafted Exum, one of the best defenders at his position at 19 years old. Also, one of the fastest players in the draft and an excellent passer. Drafted Hood in the 20's.

He did take Lyles over Booker.

And he did trade for Burke. That being said, rumors were that Corbin and KOC has some...uh...influence on that pick. Apparently Lindsey wanted to take Gobert at 14 and Dieng at 21. So, knowing how the Miller family works with their shutting car dealerships down and going after the RedZone stores...it wouldn't shock me if they...encouraged certain moves to be made in regards to Burke.

So, out of three picks that were 100% on Lindsay, he hit home runs on 2 and the third is 100% inconclusive right now.

This thread is stupid.

Also they just signed Burks to a long term deal and had drafted another 2 guard in Hood. Drafting Booker made no sense at the time.

The first sentence is not the problem. I LOVE fans...most are...less smart. All this board said for YEARS is to turn the team over to the young guys...get rid of Al and Millsap...give the youth 30 mins a night.

Lindsay did that. He didn't want vets here to take away minutes from the young guys this year. We weren't winning a title this year. There was NO point to bring in a veteran bench. For what? The seventh seed and a first round exit? Give me a break. You guys were banging on KOC for doing that strategy.

I've said this 1,000 times, but Exum getting hurt has DEVASTATING to this team. It killed us. It was at the worst time, to the worst player, in the worst scenario. We are one of the worst defensive team at the end of games. Exum makes us at worst, average. That means 5+ wins, with his defense alone.

And that is if he does not improve offensively AT ALL. And judging by his Summer League performance, there is reason to believe he would have been better this year.

He is doing what we wanted him to do...now we criticize him for it? lol. It don't work that way.

Different times and different roles. We were tanking and our key prospects were stuck behind guys on one year deals... Winning wasn't that important.

We needed to add depth and had tons of space to do so. None of the guys we would have added would take time from our young guys. I wasn't condoning signing someone to start in front of Hood or Gobert. Casspi smoked us tonight... Could have been had on the cheap. Can play ingles minutes as well as some four when injuries killed us.