What's new

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD PRE-SEASON VS BLAZERS 8PM MT

Guys were playing half speed. The game basically became a summer league game starting around the middle of the 3rd quarter.

This. The team wasn't playing very hard. Seemed like they were just to get comfortable with each other out there, and work on the kinks.

When Chris Johnson came in I did a double take. So that what playing hard looks like.

Only thing that really bothers me is that our offense still looks like *** if Hayward isnt in the game.

I agree. That's why I think the NBA should add a prepreseason so that teams can hit the preseason in full stride. Seems obvious. Silver blows.

Ok it's preseason, games don't count, and it make little sense to read too much into anything. But . . . one thing that I noted in the game was the low number of 3's attempted, only 16 compared to 34 by Portland. That just isn't going to cut it in today's NBA. Houston shot 42 3's in it's game, and I think we can expect that for much of the season. We need to be shooting a minimum of 25-30 3's a game. Teams that shoot lots of 3's tend to win more games in the modern NBA. With the number of 3 point shooters we now have (Hayward, Hood, Lyles, Johnson, Diaw, Burks) there is absolutely no reason to shoot only 16 in a game.

Ok it's preseason, games don't count, and it make little sense to read too much into anything. But . . . one thing that I noted in the game was the low number of 3's attempted, only 16 compared to 34 by Portland. That just isn't going to cut it in today's NBA. Houston shot 42 3's in it's game, and I think we can expect that for much of the season. We need to be shooting a minimum of 25-30 3's a game. Teams that shoot lots of 3's tend to win more games in the modern NBA. With the number of 3 point shooters we now have (Hayward, Hood, Lyles, Johnson, Diaw, Burks) there is absolutely no reason to shoot only 16 in a game.
Noticed this too. Thought it was kinda weird.

I'm still convinced that our best lineups might just be:

Hill
Exum
Hayward
Favors
Gobert

Mack
Burks
Hood
Johnson
Lyles

Then throw in Ingles, Neto, and Diaw when needed.

This allows our starters to play tough, tough defense with no holes on that end at all. Spacing on offense would still be okay with G, Ex, and Hill out there, along with 3-Favs. Just give Hayward and Favors all the touches for the first 5 or 6 minutes of the game. Exum, Hayward, and Hill can all play the point essentially, and they can play off each other's strengths and weaknesses.

Then, things get hot and heavy when we sub out Hill and Exum for Burks and Hood, and bring in Lyles for either Favors or Gobert. Go triple wing all over their asses! Mack and Johnson can fill in wherever needed as well.

I really would like Hoods game off of the bench in a Harden role. Plus, that bench would be pretty damn nice offensively, while the starters run through G and Favs and smother the opposition on defense.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I'd just like to say that the Hill and Exum backcourt did pretty well.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk