What's new

Official: July 5th - July 11th , 2014 Orlando Summer League Thread

Did you guys expect Gordon to come in Day 1 SL and have his shot fixed? LOL.

It takes time. He is probably nervous right now too.

I have never bought the Gordon is a 3 line of thinking from seeing him at Arizona, and it still seems so far away watching today. We'll see I guess.

2 of those misses are followups from offensive rebounds that he probably had no business grabbing. If he just went straight up, hard, he would have had 2 dunks. His shot form is different, and it seems he has no confidence in it. Definitely looks very nervous, but you can see some talent is there.

Oladipo has a nice airball too.

Commentators said first diagnosis on Pierre the Pelicans injury is achilles rupture. Worst of all injuries...

Also Nerlens frame looks really limited. He'll really have to develop some Noah'esque toughness and positioning game if he sees himself as a Center.

The announcers just said Aaron Gordon was the youngest player in the draft, thats not true, Bruno Caboclo is younger.

Gordon has already improved his FT shooting by 8%. Guess all those reports were true.

Also Nerlens frame looks really limited. He'll really have to develop some Noah'esque toughness and positioning game if he sees himself as a Center.

19 points on 54% from the field is pretty damn good for someone who is known to be a defender.

I don't think Noel should try to be a center in the traditional sense. I think he should try to be like the young, explosive version of Amare Stoudemire. His game should be about quickness and explosiveness around the rim, and he needs a 15-foot jumper out on the floor.

Aaron Gordon ends up 3/11 with 4 turnovers. His defense is as good as advertised, and he can pass the ball, so he won't hurt the Magic too much. He looks a bit tweener until he gets his skills together. He looks like an Aminu right now.

ydybepy6.jpg
u4ejavu9.jpg

Aaron Gordon's Javale Mcgee'ish block was insane!! He made a behind the back move approx. 3 seconds after that effort...

https://vine.co/v/MU200wMlxTx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kentavious Caldwell Pope is tearing it up!! Anyone watching this?

Jarnell Stokes with a really solid first half too.

Back