What's new

Official Locker Room Cleanout Thread

Having been the target of GVC a few time myself. His attitude does not bother me at all. He brings stats to the table and is good at it. Just ignore the attitude and read the stats. His point in this case (and in most cases) was valid.

So provide the stats and don't give the bull **** attitude. Anyone can say what the stats say, but this dude is a total ***.

Dennis Lindsay said something, and we assumed that he had looked up the stats.
You assumed.

If you didn't make such a habit of this sort of thing, it wouldn't be such a big deal. Everyone makes mistakes. That you get angry and throw a fit when someone points out your ignorance says more about you than it does about me (IMO).

And just because we have different opinions than you, does not mean that they are baseless.
This isn't a matter of opinion though. This is (almost entirely) verifiable/falsifiable fact. Al is not, and has never been, a Dirk-like shooter.

FWIW, my response to sandy was sincere:

1. A lot of people (posters) seem to have strong opinions about players not on the Jazz. If these opinions are based on the eye test alone, and these people are only watching Jazz games (maybe they're not, I don't know...so I asked), perhaps they aren't particularly valid. If Sandy watches Dirk a lot more than 3-4 times per year, maybe he sees something the stats aren't showing.

2. I don't think it's appropriate to take things on faith based entirely on someone else's position. We all misspeak and/or misunderstand things from time to time. This applies to Dennis Lindsay as much as anyone else. He's not always right.

Last edited:
You assumed.

If you didn't make such a habit of this sort of thing, it wouldn't be such a big deal. Everyone makes mistakes. That you get angry and throw a fit when someone points out your ignorance says more about you than it does about me (IMO).

ok, so I have assumed something that you have proved me wrong about 2 times. and one of them was about something someone said, so that is not really even correct. The fact that you feel the need to be a condescending dick about things is really annoying. What is says about you is that you like being right, are a dick, and get a lot of enjoyment out of proving people wrong online. I like the Jazz, and like talking about the Jazz with other people. I never asked you to enter into any conversation with me, and especially didnt ask you to enter into a conversation with me and be a condescending jerk about it.

Besides that point, how are you going to say that I have a habit of this sort of thing? The only habit I see here is that you have a habit of being a jerk to other people. It's not that big of a deal, you made a mistake. Get over it, and if you want to have normal conversations in the future, then do that, but if you want to be a jerk about things, then I would ask you to not respond to things I say that way. Just tell me the stats.

In this particular instance, you should have gone after Dennis Lindsay. Just admit that you should have.

1. The eye test? How often do you watch Dirk?

2. The wrong statistics?
The eye test in the sense we all saw Al shoot a lot more outside shots this season. Because of the volume, we all saw him make more, and Lindsey quoted a stat and we assumed it was true. Personally, I would have accepted DL's word, because we know how much of a stats guy he is, especially when it comes to advanced stats. I think that was one reason most of us were excited over his arrival, believing his methods would serve to improve the Jazz.
Thanks to you for pointing out that his remarks about Al are simply not true. Yes, Al did make a career high numbver of shots from 16-24 ft., but percentage-wise, he was very much on par with what he usually does. Hopefully DL sees this as well. I have confidence Lindsey will be looking at a number of stats that make AL look a lot less tempting to keep. I HOPE!!!
And I also hope we can be civil to each other on this board. After all, I think we all want the same thing: for the Jazz to get better. And most of generally agree on what has to occur for that to happen.

The eye test in the sense we all saw Al shoot a lot more outside shots this season. Because of the volume, we all saw him make more, and Lindsey quoted a stat and we assumed it was true. Personally, I would have accepted DL's word, because we know how much of a stats guy he is, especially when it comes to advanced stats. I think that was one reason most of us were excited over his arrival, believing his methods would serve to improve the Jazz.
Thanks to you for pointing out that his remarks about Al are simply not true. Yes Al, did make a career high numbver of shots from 16-24 ft., but percentage-wise, he was very much on par with what he usually does. Hopefully DL sees this as well. I have confidence Lindsey will be looking at a number of stats that make AL look a lot less tempting to keep. I HOPE!!!

Thats all I was saying. I also don't think DL is fooled by anything Al did this year, and I don't think he will be re signing him.

Thats all I was saying. I also don't think DL is fooled by anything Al did this year, and I don't think he will be re signing him.
And I'm saying both you and GVC have valid points. We all want the Jazz to improve. It bothers me when posters go back and forth against each other.

The eye test in the sense we all saw Al shoot a lot more outside shots this season. Because of the volume, we all saw him make more, and Lindsey quoted a stat and we assumed it was true.
I was actually surprised by the numbers. I expected to see that Al had shot jumpers much better this year than in the past. I didn't expect to see that Al was Dirk-like.

And I'm saying both you and GVC have valid points. We all want the Jazz to improve. It bothers me when posters go back and forth against each other.

I am just sick of this guy thinking he needs to be a jerk about everything I post that he disagrees with. When he post something I disagree with or did not realize, I don't sit there and tell him it is unbelievable that he can't see my way. He does have a valid point. Go Jazz!

LOL @ people getting mad at GVC.

If he really bothers you that much, you're being too sensitive. If you would like to continue being that sensitive, ignore him. Until then, enjoy the information that he brings because more often than not, he's right...and more often that not, the people that are arguing with him...they aren't right.

I was actually surprised by the numbers. I expected to see that Al had shot jumpers much better this year than in the past. I didn't expect to see that Al was Dirk-like.
Agree. Few are Dirk-like, so I knew that was a HUGE stretch. But I expected Al's numbers to be better than what he has done throughout his career.

I was blinded in my hate of Big Al every time he touched the ball from about 1/3 of the way into the season. I got so sick of the way we ran every play for him, and then tried to plug Derrick and Enes into the exact same play all year.

I am just sick of this guy thinking he needs to be a jerk about everything I post that he disagrees with. When he post something I disagree with or did not realize, I don't sit there and tell him it is unbelievable that he can't see my way. He does have a valid point. Go Jazz!
So you find it fitting to bitch about him in 5 different posts? Get over it and move on.

Trying not to dogpile here, but b_line should be embarrassed many times over with what he's been doing in this thread.

A word of advice for him/you: stop doing that.

Admit you were wrong, learn from your mistakes and move on. Right now you're acting like the bitch you say GVC is. You can do better.

I shouldn't have posted like five times about it. It is ridiculous that this guy gets a pass every time he is a jerk though, and everybody thinks I am way off base, but at the same time agrees that he is a jerk. A little ironic I guess.