What's new

Official Locker Room Cleanout Thread

Mo said he had a good meeting, that he wants to be back and will if he can. Said he liked being back to playing the PG position after spending the year in LA off the ball.

Marvin said he likes being here and playing for Ty. Said he knows he struggles at times, and hopes to improve in that over the summer.
Said he plans to talk to his Mom and Dad, and then will decide in a few weeks rather to opt in or out. But said that he likes Salt Lake, the Jazz origination, Ty and the staff. So more than likely, he opts in.

Al Jefferson: "I think I have shown that I'm not just the black hole that I've had the reputation of being in past years."

Al said that he feels he has grown as player over the past three years. Gained knowledge and how to win.
Asked about where he wanted to play next season, he said the NBA. Not sure if he was just joking with Locke or if serious.
Said he thought Kanter and Favors will both be All stars, superstars, hall of farmers. That the sky is the limit for them.

Plans to go to Santa Barbara and continue to work.
Also had a good meeting with the management, was surprised they had good things to say about him.

He also said he knows that he can play D know, but he needs to do it in all 82 games.

Locke talked about the possibilities of signing Al to a one year 15 million contract.
I don't see that happening.
Locke also saying that we may not re sign any of the free agents. I could see this being a possibility, but I could see the Jazz re signing Foye and possibly Carrol both for cheap.
He also said he doesn't think Millsap will be back, nor wants to be back.

Fine with me. Bring back Carroll. Marvin you know is coming back unwelcome or not.
Add three new rookies, Tomic, and a GOOD vet addition.

Next year would be a lot of fun. Probably not a ton of wins, but we'd get to see what we really have.

Al said that he feels he has grown as player over the past three years. Gained knowledge and how to win.
Asked about where he wanted to play next season, he said the NBA. Not sure if he was just joking with Locke or if serious.
Said he thought Kanter and Favors will both be All stars, superstars, hall of farmers. That the sky is the limit for them.

Plans to go to Santa Barbara and continue to work.
Also had a good meeting with the management, was surprised they had good things to say about him.

He also said he knows that he can play D know, but he needs to do it in all 82 games.

Kanter and Favors are farmers?

Hope he is right on them being great though!

Ty talked about how crappy it was coaching all the free agents. That is probably one area where we underestimate him. it looked like he only lost Millsap towards the end of the season. I know I would like to see him say screw you to the vets, and play the young guys, but how bad would that locker room be if he did that?

Marvin didn't come right out and say he was opting in, but implied that more than likely he will.

I'm fine with getting Marvin back as long as he is the 6th man or something. Maybe I still have hope he might play better next year. Why? Why do I have this hope?

Hayward said that being demoted to the bench was good for him as it made him handle the ball more, be the main man at times to score and distribute.

Said he's ready to take over the reins if that is how it plays out next season.

Sees himself as an Allstar.

Disappointed in the seasons, feels they under achieved.

Locke: Where do you want to play next year?
Jefferson: I want to play in the NBA.

he%20gone.jpg

Ty talked about how crappy it was coaching all the free agents. That is probably one area where we underestimate him. it looked like he only lost Millsap towards the end of the season. I know I would like to see him say screw you to the vets, and play the young guys, but how bad would that locker room be if he did that?
Who cares? All he has to do is have a sit-down with Kevin and Dennis and get their approval. If a vet complains, then suspend or release him. The ONLY reason it made sense to play AL and Paul so much at the expense of Derrick and Enes is if a) they were being featured to increase value before the deadline or b) the Jazz were hoping to re-sign them for next season.

I'm fine with getting Marvin back as long as he is the 6th man or something. Maybe I still have hope he might play better next year. Why? Why do I have this hope?

I think there is still hope for Marvin. If Al is truly gone, I think we will see a different Offense next season. More movement and cutting which seems to play into Marvin's favor.

Who cares? All he has to do is have a sit-down with Kevin and Dennis and get their approval. If a vet complains, then suspend or release him. The ONLY reason it made sense to play AL and Paul so much at the expense of Derrick and Enes is if a) they were being featured to increase value before the deadline or b) the Jazz were hoping to re-sign them for next season.

I know that is what I would do, but I am not the coach, nor do I know the situation fully.