What's new

Official Rubio Support thread

NAOS

I'm not sure how long Rubio will be on the Jazz. He was great to start the year, deserved to hear his critics for the meat of this injury-filled season, but has recently shown signs of expanding his game and playing with a Quin-style of force. Without a doubt.

This thread is for Rubio fans.

But I'm sure we'll hear a ton from some internet broughs who talked about loyalty all summer but now are filled with boilerplate trash for one of our players.

Rubio can find a role on this team and help. Get him a little more space, and he's ready to take another step in this system.

If I keep trashing him he will keep playing well...
So I can’t support this

I'm not sure how long Rubio will be on the Jazz. He was great to start the year, deserved to hear his critics for the meat of this injury-filled season, but has recently shown signs of expanding his game and playing with a Quin-style of force. Without a doubt.

But I'm sure we'll hear a ton from some internet broughs who talked about loyalty all summer but now are filled with boilerplate trash for one of our players.

Rubio can find a role on this team and help. Get him a little more space, and he's ready to take another step in this system.

I'm a rubo fan too. I've wanted to like the guy since we got him, its nice that he is starting to have solid minutes :)

I said it once and I will say it again Rubio just needed time to adjust. I played point guard in college and in some pretty competitive leagues, sometimes learning and orchestrating a different offense takes some patience and time.

The best part is the lulz of people saying Rudy/Ricky cant work after seeing them for 20 games.

I want him to succeed. I admit i did not forsee the recent stretch hes had.

Love a guy who plays through stitches and rolled ankles.

I said it once and I will say it again Rubio just needed time to adjust. I played point guard in college and in some pretty competitive leagues, sometimes learning and orchestrating a different offense takes some patience and time.
Yeah, and the Jazz system just isnt PG friendly, or at least in a traditional sense. He had to get use to having the ball less and having less assist opportunities. I think he was just trying to force too many passes, then he tried to compensate by trying to force too many shots.

It seems like he knows what he can do in the system now, and Mitchell exploding has helped him out by taking the burden off him on offense. Now that Gobert is back, he can be more aggressive on defense. He does all the little things on the court that contribute to winning basketball and the team loves him.

Ricky played great tonight. Double Double so no complaints. I just want him to cut down on the turnovers and get guys involved which he did tonight. His shooting tonight was great but he still is streaking. Guy plays hard so I won't complain.

Yeah, and the Jazz system just isnt PG friendly, or at least in a traditional sense. He had to get use to having the ball less and having less assist opportunities. I think he was just trying to force too many passes, then he tried to compensate by trying to force too many shots.

It seems like he knows what he can do in the system now, and Mitchell exploding has helped him out by taking the burden off him on offense. Now that Gobert is back, he can be more aggressive on defense. He does all the little things on the court that contribute to winning basketball and the team loves him.

Have you ever noticed him try to lead a fast break and then just stops frozen and confused? Years ago in Minn he would have threw a no look or did a cross over behind the back... So definitely he needed to make an adjustment to our offense.

I still like Ricky. By the end of his contract I figure we'll have a good idea of what we have with Dante.

I'm more worried about the glaring holes that Hood and Favors will likely leave upon their departures. I wonder how those get filled. I wonder if we end up snagging Mirotic, and how much his bad defence cripples us.