What's new

Official Rubio Support thread

How about a shout out for Jingles? He was the one who got Utah out to a fast start. Some on this board have been pretty critical of Joe.

I've never had major negative feelings for Ricky. He's great at what he does. My problem with him has always been his fit with the system and with the rest of the roster.
Sums it up for me. I liked this version of Ricky. Not expecting him to always shoot this well, but he was very smart in picking his spots. His defense was superb, didn't force anything and made good decisions. 11:3 ATO ratio!

Utah had another shooter on the court for the game: Ingles. He wasn't guarded closely because GS didn't think he'd put up the volume of 3's that he did. It was pick your poison for GS and their players were visibly frustrated. Notice Quin took Favs out early and replaced him with Jerebko to spread the floor. Minimized the Rubio, Gobert, Favors lineup. I'm sure he read my post calling for his head on a pike.

Last edited:
Like just those two in the deal. Seems really light for us if so.

I actually think it could be Kennard straight up or with Galloway.

I think we could do better for Hood.

Maybe. I'm starting to doubt a first round pick is available for Hood unless the Jazz are taking back a bad contract, which seems to be against the FO's wishes. They might just have to settle for taking back a value player and 2nd round picks (or keep him and pay him).

Rubio still has to go, unless he can finish at the rim (like last night) and facilitate within this system.
I'd make the trade today after that eye popping game (before he goes back to eye gauging performances).

Maybe. I'm starting to doubt a first round pick is available for Hood unless the Jazz are taking back a bad contract, which seems to be against the FO's wishes. They might just have to settle for taking back a value player and 2nd round picks (or keep him and pay him).

If that is the return I’m just keeping him or letting him walk.

I've never had major negative feelings for Ricky. He's great at what he does. My problem with him has always been his fit with the system and with the rest of the roster.

His finishing has been better recently... the thing I find completely perplexing is how he can’t throw a lob pass to save his life... every lob he throws to Rudy looks like the first lob he’s ever thrown. It is really puzzling for a guy who is good passer.

Youve made two Rubio slander threads. You cant get on the Rubio bandwagon
How can you consider what I posted before slander -- it was on point. And anyone is allowed to change their mind. That's just utter rubbish to tell me how to think. If Ricky can improve his level of play, I can change my mind.

Youve made two Rubio slander threads. You cant get on the Rubio bandwagon
But that post will be proof if Rubio turns things around that Eenie was the first to see Rubio's potential.

Also, please don't call me at work about this light jab Eenie. You can call me at home though.

How can you consider what I posted before slander -- it was on point. And anyone is allowed to change their mind. That's just utter rubbish to tell me how to think. If Ricky can improve his level of play, I can change my mind.
I aint telling you how to think. I'm just saying you cant get on the bandwagon.

There's no doubt in my mind a first-rounder is available for Hood.
DL likely doing what Chicago had been doing with Mirotic...see if any team becomes a bit desperate and outbids all others. I doubt if Hood plays again before the deadline.

But I'm sure we'll hear a ton from some internet broughs who talked about loyalty all summer but now are filled with boilerplate trash for one of our players.

Rubio can find a role on this team and help. Get him a little more space, and he's ready to take another step in this system.

It's pretty simple.

1. The Jazz have this weird tendency to all be either on or off on any given night.

2. Rubio is great against poor defenses that don't pack the paint and everyone is hitting shots. Go back to the 88 point Charlotte game where they collapsed everything and neutered Utah's offense inside and compare it to the 129 point GSW run and gun game.

How about a shout out for Jingles? He was the one who got Utah out to a fast start. Some on this board have been pretty critical of Joe.

Every player was good last night. Rudy Rudied, Favors was solid, Mitchell was everywhere, Rubio shot well. Jerebko bulled through people and started pissing them off. Ingles hit shots and pissed them off even worse, while smothering KD. Mitchell even held his ground against KD in the post once IIRC, Burks played well even with a few Burks hickup moments, and Royce continues to impress with his hustle. Joe came in and did his thing. Epke showed up in late minutes to ensure a solid vet presence still on the floor.