What's new

Official Rubio Support thread

I heard Rubio speak for the first time last night, while watching the post game interview with KK. I was really taken back to say the least. His voice was nothing like what I imagined.

I'm not sure how long Rubio will be on the Jazz. He was great to start the year, deserved to hear his critics for the meat of this injury-filled season, but has recently shown signs of expanding his game and playing with a Quin-style of force. Without a doubt.

This thread is for Rubio fans.

But I'm sure we'll hear a ton from some internet broughs who talked about loyalty all summer but now are filled with boilerplate trash for one of our players.

Rubio can find a role on this team and help. Get him a little more space, and he's ready to take another step in this system.

C'mon! The guy had three good games in a roll. It is prudent to wait and see, since that happened earlier the season and he was wildly inconsistent regardless. The truth is: Rubio is ill-fitted for both Snyder's system and the Jazz current roster. He may be able to expand his game but, for now, he has shown the same inability to finish while driving and the same inconsistency from outside. He is good on the long 2s, but its not like he can hit it consistently in pick-and-roll situations - since he seems to need to gather himself before shooting, I think. In other words: Rubio is not a threat to score, at least with not any consistency. I've been aware of him since he was a kid in Spain. By then, it seemed like he could become something special if he learned to shoot from outside. People thought that his inability to finish inside was due to lack of strenght and that ageing would solve it. Ten years later he still can't finish inside and is inconsistent from outside. I root for him, but I would not bet any money on him becoming even serviceable.

A 2nd round pick > nothing, isn't it?

I’d rather take the chance that Hoods market isn’t as robust as we think than a second rounder.

At a minimum I’d want to get off of AB or get a couple really decent second rounders and even that is light imo.

We're still gunning for the playoffs. We won't be giving away players.

Raul Lopez support to Rubio.

10.jpg

201112_mg_7857_1.jpg

DUmU_aeVQAEXWH9.jpg

The Jazz have been playing some of their best team ball since Rudy came back. Is it just a coincidence that this also happened with Hood injured?

The Jazz have been playing some of their best team ball since Rudy came back. Is it just a coincidence that this also happened with Hood injured?

People were asking the same thing when Gobert was out and he had that big 6 game win streak earlier this season.

I think it's more about Rudy coming back but I don't know, maybe Hood is disruptive in some way? The offense tonight was really flowing.

The arc on his shot looks all of a sudden way way better, nowhere near as flat
Great observation. He did have a "frozen rope" three near the end of the 1st half, but generally, I've seen that very nice arc and follow through on most of his attempts. I would definitely not sell low on him...unless it's a guarantee Jazz are maxing Gordon or Jabari and need to clear the cap space.

I wish a trade could be found for Burks. His contract is the biggest impediment to the Jazz' cap space for next summer.

It's not a given that Rubio can't improve his shooting at this stage in his career. Did anyone expect Ingles to be one of the best shooters in the NBA? Look at what Joe did from the day he was picked up on waivers to now. Night and day. If Rubio can be a consistent upper 30's shooter from 3PT range, he's a keeper.