What's new

Official Rubio Support thread

Great observation. He did have a "frozen rope" three near the end of the 1st half, but generally, I've seen that very nice arc and follow through on most of his attempts. I would definitely not sell low on him...unless it's a guarantee Jazz are maxing Gordon or Jabari and need to clear the cap space.

I wish a trade could be found for Burks. His contract is the biggest impediment to the Jazz' cap space for next summer.

It's not a given that Rubio can't improve his shooting at this stage in his career. Did anyone expect Ingles to be one of the best shooters in the NBA? Look at what Joe did from the day he was picked up on waivers to now. Night and day. If Rubio can be a consistent upper 30's shooter from 3PT range, he's a keeper.
Upper 30's? If he can do that he is an All-Star PG.

Oh, and add Booker to the list of stars Rubio has shutdown lately. He started the game on Booker, and played mostly against him when he was on the floor. I dont think he ever scored while Rubio was guarding him.

Rubio has been solid these last couple weeks. He still throws a bad pass that's infuriating every now and then, but wow have those declined. Hats off to him for his effort.

Best news? Rubio and Gobert are dancing on pick & rolls and it's working. Months ago that play was an automatic turnover. Add the perimeter defense of Mitchell and Rubio to Gobert's rim protection and we've got something going. BTW, can we keep Favors?

Rubio is a pass first point guard in a complicated half court system. It takes time to develop timing and know how your teammates move and how fast they move. I stand firm that Ricky will be a solid and long term piece for the Jazz.

Rubio shot is better when he is getting better lift from his legs. ****ing masterpiece tonight.

His shooting %s are unsustainable, of course (11-14???), but if he keeps making lay-ups, his %s might be average, which is fine. You know what's much improved and it's only going to get better? His passing. It took forever, but finally there is chemistry. Teammates know what to expect from Rubio and his passes don't hit them on the face anymore. Rubio knows what to expect from them, how they move, what they like, and his passes look much crisper and right on the money. Chemistry is something that is hard to obtain but once you have it, it's for good.

Now, even when Rubio misses shots, he's got his confort zone which is and has always been assisting others. That's why he NEVER was a negative player for the Wolves.

Rubio's passing hasn't even been on full display this season because of how much respect the defence has been giving him.

If he keeps shooting at a formidable clip, we are going to see some delightful dimes (like the baseline feed to the corner after he brought in the double)

I was for extending Rubio early on in the season, then lost my faith and wanted him traded. Now just sort of luke warm. This is probably the feelings Minnsesota fans were going through for the last 5 years. I suggest tempering expectations and just view him as a vehicle for Donovan to get better.

Really fluid, fearless basketball. The Spurs are on their heels wondering what play Rubio is going to make, and the Spurs are famous for knowing what teams are going to do and pre-rotating to shut guys down. Here they look lost.

Rubio's passing hasn't even been on full display this season because of how much respect the defence has been giving him.

This isn't true at all. 4 out and 50 leave defenders linked to their man. The pnrnpnrnp keeps a man on everyone. Look at Rubio's career assist numbers - QS' system is a team effort assist game that won't show off Rubio's court vision. It has nothing to do with the defenders respecting him - they aren't (yet). Rubio's court vision is not going to ever be on display in this system. The design also creates a **** ton of turnovers as the ball handler is often required to commit after reading the defense, and dive to the hoop while looking for a roll man that might not be open. Don't watch just Rubio. Joe Ingles and DM have a ton of turnovers from this action as well.

The thing with Ricky is even when he's sucking ***, he's playing his *** off. As a fan, you can always appreciate that.