What's new

Official Rudy Gobert Trade Ideas Thread

Right now I’m guessing Gobert had very little trade value. If the Jazz were unable to be successful with him what would make any other team think they could be?

Maybe Thibs would love the chance to have Gobert, but you’re not getting much of value back from New York.

I said earlier and will say again, we should not trade Rudy. We should put better pieces around him and Donovan. Rudy was really bad this game, no doubt, but so was our entire defense.

Jazz getting exposed by small ball line ups are Rudy's fault? If you answer yes, you're saying that FO did a great job building the roster this year and that our perimeter defense is fine as it's all just one man's fault.

I don't like this thread at all. Rudy is great. We need OTHER defensive athletic players around him. I feel that Mitchell and Rudy are off limits. However, anyone else including FO and coaching need to be available or on the hot seat.

I don't like this thread at all. Rudy is great. We need OTHER defensive athletic players around him. I feel that Mitchell and Rudy are off limits. However, anyone else including FO and coaching need to be available or on the hot seat.

Rudy is great in the right condition. But in the playoffs, he’s been exposed every year when a team goes small ball and pops from outside as he can’t defend that far. Failure of the FO.

Need a 4 who can play outside in those situations and it ain’t Faves.

Rudy was the hero of game 1 with his last second block. How the tides turned for him amongst the fans. Rudy suffered from not having Conley on the offensive side of the ball. He should have averaged 5 lob-dunks per game easily. He struggled on defense as the Clips did a great job of stretching him out to 3 point land. Jazz could have used more zone to help Rudy. They also should have tried a true small ball line-up with Ersan or Niang at the five and force the Clips to guard five 3-point shooters.

Rudy is great in the right condition. But in the playoffs, he’s been exposed every year when a team goes small ball and pops from outside as he can’t defend that far.

Need a 4 who can play outside in those situations and it ain’t Faves.
If we had 4 Kawhis out there with Rudy, the other team would play small and drive at Rudy like Jackson did time and again.

I'm glad we gave everything we had to the Rudy experience. I am. He's a special player and person, and we had to see if it could work. But it has just run its course. This is over.

If we didn't have Don, I'd say stick with it. But we have Don. We have a superstar. Build around him.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

Right now I’m guessing Gobert had very little trade value. If the Jazz were unable to be successful with him what would make any other team think they could be?

Maybe Thibs would love the chance to have Gobert, but you’re not getting much of value back from New York.

I said earlier and will say again, we should not trade Rudy. We should put better pieces around him and Donovan. Rudy was really bad this game, no doubt, but so was our entire defense.
Burks!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app