What's new

Official should marijuana be legalized poll...

Should marijuana be legalized?

• Yes

Votes: 31 86.1%
  • No

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters
My opinion: Weed is so ridiculously easy to get, most everyone who wants to smoke it does. Maybe not as frequently as they would if it were legal... There will be, of course, some who do only if it's legal, but I would be highly shocked if it were a significant number.

This statement assumes that legalization translates into employer acceptance. I'm guessing many employers would still retain (or newly implement) policies regarding employee use. The impetus to abstain would largely remain in place.

For the record, I haven't used marijuana, and don't plan on ever using it, but it's ridiculous that we not only turn away a huge tax revenue opportunity, but waste millions fighting a futile battle against it.

Not trying to argue against legalization or anything, but weed isn't ridiculously easy to get for everyone. You have to know someone to get it. So if you aren't a smoker already, or connected to smokers, it's not easy to get. You get argue legalizing it could make it easier for people who aren't connected to smoking in anyway to start smoking.

Not trying to argue against legalization or anything, but weed isn't ridiculously easy to get for everyone. You have to know someone to get it. So if you aren't a smoker already, or connected to smokers, it's not easy to get. You get argue legalizing it could make it easier for people who aren't connected to smoking in anyway to start smoking.

Everyone knows someone. Maybe they aren't aware they know someone, but if they start asking around someone will at least point them in the right direction.

Let's also realize that legalization doesn't mean that it isn't heavily regulated. It's incredible how fast this discussion goes from LEGAL to FREE AND DANGLING FROM TREES.

Prohibition is essentially an attempt to regulate by bringing the flow to zero (doesnt work). There are several legalization arguments that simply want a more realistic and effective mode of regulation. These folks can say this whilst, without contradiction, saying that they absolutely do not support consumption.

Weed is the same as alcohol in that outlawing either creates an underground community where adults, mainly young adults I'd guess, are willing to sell to minors as everyone in the underground has risk and is theoretically playing by the unwritten rules. Make it legal and adults might tell the kids to piss off as they don't get the benefits that goes along with being connected to the underground. That's my speculation anyway.

Weed is not like alcohol as growing your own isn't expensive like brewing your own is. It would take a lot of time for the legal version to push the illegal toward the edges. Also, it would be very easy to replace the legal with illegal. It's not like you have to package the stuff in sealed bottles meant to hold the carbonation inside. The long shelf life of the legal stuff would also lend itself to dispersion, unlike alcohol which is bought in smaller, consumable quantities.

Go West, bruh. I don't smoke, have no intentions to. I could get weed in 20 minutes if I wanted. I could get weed from this board and feel completely comfortable doing so if I wanted to. And that's coming from a conservatively oriented, risk averse personality. There is weed.

****, come to southern California... This place blazes like no place I've ever been.

My opinion: Weed is so ridiculously easy to get, most everyone who wants to smoke it does. Maybe not as frequently as they would if it were legal... There will be, of course, some who do only if it's legal, but I would be highly shocked if it were a significant number.

This statement assumes that legalization translates into employer acceptance. I'm guessing many employers would still retain (or newly implement) policies regarding employee use. The impetus to abstain would largely remain in place.

For the record, I haven't used marijuana, and don't plan on ever using it, but it's ridiculous that we not only turn away a huge tax revenue opportunity, but waste millions fighting a futile battle against it.

The first person to be fired for a pit positive drug test will sue and win. As long as they are not high during duty hours there is not much the employer can do.

The first person to be fired for a pit positive drug test will sue and win. As long as they are not high during duty hours there is not much the employer can do.

I hope you are right!
What i do on my couch with a bag of chips while watching family guy on tv is none of my employers business!

****, come to southern California... This place blazes like no place I've ever been.

NAOS owns one of these t's in every color:

162795_340.jpg

Sooooooooooooo if banning assault weapons is pointless because it only punishes the "good people and the "bad" people will find ways to get it then why is it illegal to get marijuana?

When I was a teenager, I knew many teenagers that drank but didn't smoke pot (because it was illegal). I'm pretty sure the primary concern was that they could get busted for marijuana a month after smoking it. In other words, they couldn't just "sleep it off".

It opens pandora's box. Employers and their employees potentially lose their right to a drug free workplace. Personally, I think what they do on their own time is their business. The only way it becomes an issue is when my safety is at risk because someone I am working with or in the near vicinity of is high.

When I was a teenager, I knew many teenagers that drank but didn't smoke pot (because it was illegal). I'm pretty sure the primary concern was that they could get busted for marijuana a month after smoking it. In other words, they couldn't just "sleep it off".

Was drinking legal or something?

It doesn't make sense to me that a teenager would not smoke pot solely because it's illegal, but they would drink, which is also illegal for a teenager to do.

It doesn't make sense to me that a teenager would not smoke pot solely because it's illegal, but they would drink, which is also illegal for a teenager to do.

part of it is the accessibility of it - even though it may be easy to get pot, it's still generally easier for kids to get their hands on alcohol

plus it's easier to hide alcohol when you're drinking it than marijuana when you're smoking it

What I'm saying is that legality is only one aspect that a teenager would consider. Accessibility is another. Alcohol is more accessible than pot. Also, they would consider the probability that they could get away with something. When you get drunk on alcohol, the drug is only in your system until you sober up. Marijuana, however, stays in your system for a month. I know I personally didn't smoke weed because my job drug tested. If marijuana was legal I probably would have tried it. Although alcohol was illegal, I did my fair share of underage drinking.

It opens pandora's box. Employers and their employees potentially lose their right to a drug free workplace. Personally, I think what they do on their own time is their business. The only way it becomes an issue is when my safety is at risk because someone I am working with or in the near vicinity of is high.

Alcohol is legal. Does that mean your coworkers are constantly coming in drunk?

To me the main reason that alot of people who would smoke that don't is becasue of drug tests by their employeer. Alcohol does not show up in a pee test. Now if pot was legal then who cares if it shows up? As long as you are not high at work, which I do not think will be any higher than those that come to work drunk, then it wont matter.

To me the main reason that alot of people who would smoke that don't is becasue of drug tests by their employeer. Alcohol does not show up in a pee test. Now if pot was legal then who cares if it shows up? As long as you are not high at work, which I do not think will be any higher than those that come to work drunk, then it wont matter.

I think you're missing the point of drug testing. It's not so much to see if you're doing something illegal, it's more to see if there's a chance you might show up to work impaired.

I think you're missing the point of drug testing. It's not so much to see if you're doing something illegal, it's more to see if there's a chance you might show up to work impaired.

True but if you test positive you have a very likely chance of losing your job. If it is now legal and you test positive and lose your job you have a nice little lawsuit. As long as you do not show up impaired they have no grounds to fire you. At that point it would be the same as firing you for having a beer with dinner but never showing up to work drunk.

It may not make sense, but there are kids who feel that way.