What's new

*Official Sign Millsap in The Off-Season Thread*

Another factor that could potentially be at play is that Lindsey wasn't the GM that took a shot on him with a mid-second round pick, but he is the GM who let him go after a good season and kept the coach when it should have been the other way around.

A plausible return situation I think would be if the Millsap believes that Snyder is special and it is confirmed with the Jazz exceeding expectations this season.

SOLID.

Wiggins embraced the fact that he was gonna go to Minny though.

Which is why I said most instead of all.;)Also, I place little weight on what players/coaches tell the media. Most players know how to play the game of saying all the right things. Their agents coach them as to how not to devalue themselves by acquiring a problem child label. I'm not saying Wiggins wasn't being truthful, but put yourself in his shoes. He just went from being drafted on to a team that will likely go deep in the playoffs, playing with the best player in the game, to playing for one of the league's red-headed step children. If he was truly happy about that, he must have poo poo for brains, even if he absolutely loves cold weather.:cool:

I can see that happening if the Jazz goes for it. I wouldn't a year before when Corbin was on charge, but if you're saying he has ties with QS, it changes everything. Because I didn't think Sap would ever want back to Utah before. It's still a chance below %50 to me though.

Which is why I said most instead of all.;)Also, I place little weight on what players/coaches tell the media. Most players know how to play the game of saying all the right things. Their agents coach them as to how not to devalue themselves by acquiring a problem child label. I'm not saying Wiggins wasn't being truthful, but put yourself in his shoes. He just went from being drafted on to a team that will likely go deep in the playoffs, playing with the best player in the game, to playing for one of the league's red-headed step children. If he was truly happy about that, he must have poo poo for brains, even if he absolutely loves cold weather.:cool:
Have you ever spent time in Cleveland? Being given a get out of jail free card and cashing it in with a smile is most definitely not a sign of poo poo brains.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY

Utah also won a lot of games when John and Karl played, but I doubt that will factor in to Millsap's decision. If you had read a little further, you'd have seen that I wasn't referring to Atlanta, as I don't think he will stay there either. I realize it came off that way, but the point I was making is that he will have plenty of options in warmer climates and/or better win-now situations. I just don't think Utah has a shot unless we have a breakout year.

I've always thought Houston was a great fit for Millsap.

And a really bad football team that wears purple. They must be so proud!
They are. Minneapolis is a great city. There is an awesome Scandanavian vibe to the entire area. It is a very outdoorsy culture. I wouldn't choose to live there because I love the mountains, but I completely understand why so many people love it.

They are. Minneapolis is a great city. There is an awesome Scandanavian vibe to the entire area. It is a very outdoorsy culture. I wouldn't choose to live there because I love the mountains, but I completely understand why so many people love it.

It was tongue in cheek. I'm a die-hard Packers fan who grew up in Illinois, but have spent plenty of time in both Minnesota and Wisconsin. Both places are lovely (most of time) and fun to visit. I hate the winters, but the springs and falls are wonderful. I also love the mountains. As nice as Minnesota and Wisconsin can be, I have no desire to ever live in the Midwest again. I prefer the east and west coasts over them.

Love the Twin Cities - would probably live there if the average temperature wasn't 4 degrees from November through February.