What's new

Official "Thank You Utah Jazz!" Thread

Some people forget what 04-05 was like. Boozer and Kirilenko going down with injuries, Arroyo turning out to be a flop. That season SUCKED. But I will say that the first game of that season was anything more exciting than what we saw this season. We slayed the Lakers.

I remember that game. Great energy. We tore them up. I'd love to find that game on YouTube

For all the guys on the team, the coaching staff, management, ownership, ESA staff, and especially the awesome Jazz fans everywhere: Thank you for another great season of Utah Jazz basketball! Can't wait for October!

thanks for wasting 2 seasons.
wasting is fun

Some people forget what 04-05 was like. Boozer and Kirilenko going down with injuries, Arroyo turning out to be a flop. That season SUCKED. But I will say that the first game of that season was anything more exciting than what we saw this season. We slayed the Lakers.

Exactly.

We started off that season as one of the top teams in the league. Weren't we something like 13-2 in the first 15 games of the season?

Also, that season forced us to make decisions. Wasn't Arroyo traded before the trade deadline? More action than we saw this entire year...

I wish we would have traded one bloated overrated starter... Like Big Al or Millsap...

Instead, we sat on our hands, and watched this train wreck happen!

it still was fun.
it truly aint about winning or losing
if jaz zgo 1-81 i would not care if they gave it 100%, and tried their hardest, hustled, and fought every single game.

but if jazz go 55-27 and give al Jefferson like effort season after season getting swept out of the playoff then i lose interest

I want to thank the Jazz for giving me glimpses into what this team will look like next year. I like the improvement I saw from the C4 and I hope it only get better from here.

Once again I will reiterate, I don't care that the Jazz did not make the playoffs. I will still root for them. I don't care if the Jazz miss the playoffs next year either. What I want to see is the internal growth that KOC has talked about time and time again. This team will not improve dramatically through free agency. They will improve by the players improving themselves. I have seen enough growth (and I know I am not alone on this) to think that this team is ready to be handed over to the youth. I hope that I'm right!

For all the guys on the team, the coaching staff, management, ownership, ESA staff, and especially the awesome Jazz fans everywhere: Thank you for another great season of Utah Jazz basketball! Can't wait for October!

Me either!

Jeez guys, go become Laker fans or something. I'm all for thanking the Jazz for a pretty good season all things concidered.

Worse than the season when Boozer had a itchy hamstring that kept him out most of the season causing the Jazz to be one of THE worst teams in the entire NBA? Really? You are that mad at Corbin for not playing a player who had obvious problems with his self confidence when he came here? (Favors) You would have rather thrown him out there and had him destroyed night in and night out by players who were less talented but more confident with veteran experience? That would have developed him? And now you see him coming along, confident and talented with amazing defence and progressing offence; and you not only are mad, but declare this season the worst in thirty years?

Seriously, get a Dwight jersey, and we'll see you in yellow twice a year.

Tried to rep it. Actually, I think half these posters are Warriors and Rockets fans already.

Seconded. Even in disappointing years, I'm still glad to be able to be a Jazz fan.

Exactly.

We started off that season as one of the top teams in the league. Weren't we something like 13-2 in the first 15 games of the season?

Also, that season forced us to make decisions. Wasn't Arroyo traded before the trade deadline? More action than we saw this entire year...

I wish we would have traded one bloated overrated starter... Like Big Al or Millsap...

Instead, we sat on our hands, and watched this train wreck happen!
We started hot, then when we went 5-0 our season shattered. Lost back to back games (one at home) to the winless Chicago Bulls and New Orleans Hornets.

It was a painful season, Randy Livingston ran the point at one time for the team.

Carlos Boozer did have some sick dunks that year, though.

Jeez guys, go become Laker fans or something. I'm all for thanking the Jazz for a pretty good season all things concidered.

Worse than the season when Boozer had a itchy hamstring that kept him out most of the season causing the Jazz to be one of THE worst teams in the entire NBA? Really? You are that mad at Corbin for not playing a player who had obvious problems with his self confidence when he came here? (Favors) You would have rather thrown him out there and had him destroyed night in and night out by players who were less talented but more confident with veteran experience? That would have developed him? And now you see him coming along, confident and talented with amazing defence and progressing offence; and you not only are mad, but declare this season the worst in thirty years?

Seriously, get a Dwight jersey, and we'll see you in yellow twice a year.
Yes it was worse. That year we did not completely underachieve and the team was not terribly boring to watch.

I thought the youth should have played more, but maybe that is not entirely wrong. However, was the year you are talking about (worst teams) the year that got the Jazz Deron in the draft?

Yes it was worse. That year we did not completely underachieve and the team was not terribly boring to watch.

you serious bro? Good thing you didn't mind that season because that was the last season the jazz decided to go young. Only had three guys on the team who had been in the league longer than three years, two of those guys were Howard eisley and Randy Livingston. The year of the great Kirk Snyder lol. To bad they lost 56 games. Hopefully we don't have a repeat of that year.

you serious bro? Good thing you didn't mind that season because that was the last season the jazz decided to go young. Only had three guys on the team who had been in the league longer than three years, two of those guys were Howard eisley and Randy Livingston. The year of the great Kirk Snyder lol. To bad they lost 56 games. Hopefully we don't have a repeat of that year.
I watched more games that year than this one. That team was bad but no where near as boring as this one was. I would have watched far more games if the young guys played and we lost.

That year was derailed with injuries and poor free agent signings, and as mentioned - the net result was Deron Williams. It's never an exact science, but I would be perfectly willing to take a 26-win season if I knew Utah would get a top-12 NBA player out of it.

That said, I don't think deciding to "go young" (and what even constitutes "young"? -Hayward and Favors will be 4-year vets now which isn't "young" by NBA standards) and "winning" is mutually exclusive. I think the Jazz could realistically construct a roster in which Hayward/Burks/Favors/Kanter play prominent roles and the Jazz remain competitive so that they're not only playing "meaningful" games (the Jazz employee buzzword for the week) but also actually developing the Core-4 in leading roles - which you know...could've been done this year if going all out for the 8th seed wasn't such a priority.